Modern Sikhs?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

In muslim term Hahram meaning things mohamed didnt have or do. So to Sikhs modern stuff is technology, cars, houses with bills, and computers.

Which to a point it good and to a point holds us further from being a manual Sikh, as we do real seva and serve with our hands and strength, now people go to the Gurdwara on the internet.

In muslim term Hahram meaning things mohamed didnt have or do. So to Sikhs modern stuff is technology, cars, houses with bills, and computers.

Which to a point it good and to a point holds us further from being a manual Sikh, as we do real seva and serve with our hands and strength, now people go to the Gurdwara on the internet.

speaking of internet sangat, what if there is not sangat or gurdwara in your area/country? :|

modern sikh.. example.. me !! :wub:

modern sikhs...either dont believe or believe but partly in sikhi....just keep the roop and/or no roop at all but still proud to be sikh :|

modern sikhs.. much interested in fashion and society..rather than guru's dress and sangat..

etc etc..

but in +ve sense...

modern sikhs ... gursikhs in today's politics... gursikhs doin prachaar in modern way.. like our moderators :TH:

etc etc

may waheguru ...beless us all pray.gif

modern sikhs...either dont believe or believe but partly in sikhi....just keep the roop and/or no roop at all but still proud to be sikh :|

modern sikhs.. much interested in fashion and society..rather than guru's dress and sangat..

etc etc..

but in +ve sense...

modern sikhs ... gursikhs in today's politics... gursikhs doin prachaar in modern way.. like our moderators :TH:

etc etc

if they more intrested in other things then how can they be sikh?

religion is a way of life which one chooses to live by .. if one doesnt live that way of life he aint part of that particular religion

no1 is born a sikh one only becomes a sikh

""""""""""no1 is born a sikh one only becomes a sikh""""""""""

This doesnt make a lick of sense. I read it over a couple times and the more I read it the more it didnt make sense.

who said people are not born sikhs, i was born a sikh u know why because my family members were born a sikh also but now if u say no person is born a gursikh i would disagree again because if baba nand singh jee were born a gursikh then why cant others. In my opinion many modern sikhs are those who appose our

maryada and want to change something that doesn't fit their opinion but this will never happen.

etc etc..

but in +ve sense...

etc etc

if they more intrested in other things then how can they be sikh?

religion is a way of life which one chooses to live by .. if one doesnt live that way of life he aint part of that particular religion

Guest Narinder Singh

True Gursikhs are the actual modern ones because Sikhi is a modern faith, the ones who try to change Sikhi to fit their lifestyle rather than change themselves are backward and old fashioned. People in the modern world are looking towards practicality and logic, what is more practical and logical than Sikhi? Thats how i think we should look at it.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Technically if you were to be the truest Sikh you wouldnt need a t.v, car, money etc. you would be a Granthi that is true to the Guru and all you would do is serve people and recite from SGGS allday everyday.

I know some Gianis and thats all they do all day. They are the coolest people Ive ever met. Literally I touched his arm and it was cold :| hehe

lol @ pritam veerji :|

all you would do is serve people and recite from SGGS allday everyday

Not really, Baba Deep Singh Ji used to do loads of paath but did soo much training too..

Remember.. The Saint Soldier aspect

Sikhi has basically given us everyhting on the plate..

Guru ji made instruments for our peace

Bani for our psyche's strength

Gatka for physical strength (trust me it works the hell out of u!!) :bringitondude :wub:

hearye.gif OOH OOH bro i got my dilruba!!! :awesome woohoo.gif

its seriously a heart-puller!! :wubc:

partytime2.gif