Questioning God

Paneet

WJKK WJKF

I'm in a bit of a dilemna right now. this is something i never ever would have expected to happen to me, and it's horrible. i just want to know if anyone one else has ever gone through this.

i've stopped believing in sikhi. not completely though because i don't want to stop, but it's happened in a way that i can't stop it. i know that guru nanak dev ji always wanted his sikhs to question everything, and i'm the kind of person that questions everything, and recently those questions have led me to doubt sikhi. i used to think that i had SO much faith, i used to think nothing could break my faith, i used to not be able to understand how ppl could not believe in God, and here I am, suddenly finding myself in this situation. i've even started questioning the existence of God Himself. i don't want to - but I'm trying to find something that will help me believe inHim again and I can't find it, and it;s really frustrating - more than frustrating even, it's scary. i've been praying to God everyday actually, to help me have faith again, because life without God is so meaningless, so empty, and so frightening - thisissomething u can't fully understand until God is no longer a part of your life.

has anyone else evr been through this kind of situation? and how did u regain your faith?

need help :|

edit: i kinda was hoping this message would remain gupt, but i made the mistake of logging in, and i can't delete it now - so now u guys now who i am, but please don't hate me. sad.gif

What is it that you doubt exactly? and what are your views of God?

Dont be scared of reactions of others, we've all had doubts on here im sure. I doubt stuff too like the 5k's for all sikhs. I dont believe it was ment for all Sikhs and only for the Khalsa (the martial order of the Sikhs). But through passage of history and british meddling in religious politics in punjab, the Khalsa order was imposed on all Sikhs as they joined the British Indian army due to lack of employment prospects provided the british with a fierce warrior fighting force and loyal soldiers of the empire. So I totally disagree with the Sikh code of conduct on that issue. I could be wrong but anyways that's my view on things.

I didnt use to be into religion much either, I used to think it was for nutterz. But when I took time out to learn about Sikhism, read the religious texts and history I started to get deep respect for all those Sikhs who were true to the faith. In a nutshell Sikhism is the best religion for humanity, it gives you practical as well as spiritual guidence to live life and the afterlife. Compare Sikhism to another religion known to man and it will have hardly any flaw's. Anways we are all Sikhs because we want to learn about God and his creations.Guru Nanak dev Ji questioned hindu rituals and their useless purposes he questioned those who followed muhammad claiming to be best of men yet acted like devils and so on and so forth. If we do not question things we would be like those arrogent others who blindly think they have the truth and everyone else is wrong.

U should do Naam Simran, and meditate, then you will find it

Don't take this turn as a negative, take it as a chance to learn and grow.

We've grown up in such a scientific environment of galaxies, pulsars, quasars, big bang's universes/multiverses

that it was always hard to figure where God fits in.

Then you take a step back and realise that what you were searching for was already with you.

God (Truth) exists beyond all that we understand and also within each and every atom in your body.

God is not a place or person but the self permeating love you feel for everything within and without.

Being Sikh is being in love, you know it through and through.

It seems the questions you have relate to the physical aspect? how do I find God? where is He?

Those questions are a matter of faith, but a Sikh is not a seeker of faith, he is a seeker of Truth

Ponder on a few things

Why, when humans are supposed to be highly social animals, is quiet contemplation so highly regarded?

Why is it when doing Simran, in the stillness of you mind, that you never feel alone?

Do you have doubts about Sikhi or about God? One is the the Path, the other is Truth

Sikhi is a concept, an ideal. A way to formulate your life to become the ultimate vessel for Truth.

Sure there's various versions and people pulling this way and that, but learn to see through the eyes

of your heart and you'll easily be able to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Try to stick with the Path and become that vessel and you'll begin to understand and be able

to share that Truth will all.

Regards

Gursharan Singh

• 5 years later...
Guest nitin midha

sat sri akal ji..........

from 3 years i was cuntinue to go gurudwara sahib............. i have very much faith in GURU NANAK DEV JI..... and time changes my life gone into depression due some personal problems...... during hard days i started simran, ardaas..... i do simran consentrately.... m doing simran from last 6 months but m not recovering from my pain........ my faith is breaking down and my life is moving from very bad time..............

plz help me from your advise......plz

SATNAAM WAHEGURU.........

omg!!

im dealing same feelings like the original poster...

No more faith anymore... i dont even want to do ardas cause i think it is all fake how can you do ardas if you dont fully believe in it...

i went to a smagam last weekend and i suddenly started to cry so much, out of nowhere, and previously during rehraas at gurdwara i had the same feeling,...

i didnt understand it... the same feeling when i tied dastar for first time, i cried so much.. its so confusing everything :(

Guest security

God doesnt care if you believe in him or not, he lives beyond cares, needs and wants.

It's simple, believe in Maya(i.e illusion, i.e Satan) or believe in Truth(i.e God).

Maya is the great seducer, do not fall for her charms, for her sting is the most painful- you are not in control of you right now, if you were you would believe. Maya now controls your soul, like it or not.

When you read gurbani, don't just read it but try to understand the meaning behind it. That is the only way to gain back your faith because through understanding gurbani you will realize the true meaning of god. You will realize that the reason you are going through this "doubting" also is happening because of gods will and there is a reason behind it that you don't know.