Attention: Subway Eaters!

Agreeing to disagree is ok with me.

Of course sikhi is about questioning, asking how to become a better sikh.

What Lionchild you are suggesting is that we question the Panj Pyares motives, I refuse to agree with that - it is not right. And I hope you will change your mind on that one.

You or me are not worthy of choosing the Panj Pyare or testing them.

Read the story of when Guru Ji passed the Gurgadhi on to the one that did not question them but continued to do as Guru Ji said.

Questioning is to question what happens around us, I don't know if that means question Guru Ji once one becomes a Sikh?

i would imagine the Panj Pyare in the gurus time and short there after where alot more pure in the basics of sikhi than some today. Today we have many rehats, many sects, and lots of opions. This is not testing or challenging their postion - but simply question the human side of the panj pyare, or their opinions and views. The Panj pyare will most likly be already non-biased, it;s the other small percent one should be concerned about, especially since we have outside groups beginning to enter the sikhi community. We question guru ji all the time - how does the world work? why are people this way? how do i meditate?

but yoou complain about anything you dont understand and basically you need a completely new way of Sikhi that would be completely flipped upside down just to fit your needs.

Not complain - question, both for interest/curiosity and reason for being. When one enters a new religion, it is natural for new people to question why things are done the way they are and the sagnificance of them. That is ok and will lead to even more knowledge on sikhi. The things i do complain or "challenge" is the imperfect human side/understanding of things in the sikhi community. We all have views and opinions, and i respect that. However, when people try to force their understanding or views on sikhi on others, that is when i question or challenge other users, regardless of their "level" in sikhi. For example, alot of people think on the forums here, that i'm pro meat eating - well i'm not either that or pro vegetarianism (i personaly eat both). I do however, respect other peoples decisions in regards to this subject, but i dare not force others to confide to my decision. That's how it should be. Encouraging is another aspect, but that is rather a blur sometimes.

I don't want my own sikhi - personaly, i just want to start off in the basics and move up from there. :TH:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

A vegetarian doesnt eat meat so when you say you eat both just means you didnt eat meat thoses couple times you ate. A vegetarian cant say they eat both because thats a contradiction as what you said. Thats like saying your a christian Sikh or saying you are just sometimes. You are pro meat or you wouldnt defend it. Pro meat means you are "for" eating meat. Your not pro-vegetarian or you wouldnt eat meat and would debate why to eat just meat. If your not pro-vegatarian theres only one other you could be and that is "pro-meat".

When you say people shouldnt force you means when you read a book on Sikhi and its something you do that you are not supposed to means they forced you to change your way. Or you dont do nitnem so when you read that you are required means they forced you to read the Gurus bani. Or you are forced to do Matha Tekna etc. Forced is a different definition than what you describe.

Only a fool would be forced to listen to your views on anything. If they were smart they would learn it from a better source.You couldnt hit a beachball with a tennis racket :D

When I started to study Sikhi I questioned everything {In my own head} and after seeing the reasons why and why not practical and logical I understood that it was the most true and correct way of religion. I guess I just figured it out quicker than most people because I always prayed and asked for the real group of religious people and was revealed the Sadh Sangat etc. So everything I was asking gets revealed to me in the daily Banis I read which to me is the exact word for word answer that I was looking for. So I from that second was amazed that the answer I was looking for was written in Gurmukhi and became the most Sikh I could become without thinking of today or the next. I know the path Ive been shown is coorect and Ill be the slave of the Guru because without the Guru I would roam the Earth as a demon.

But back to the subway thing: Is it illegal to eat vegetarian food while traveling in a subway train? :@