Describe Yourself In Three Words

Bad Girl

[

My advise to you is stop trying to start your own panth and open your mind to Sikhi and not your puran moorukh manmat.

Dude, where the hell did this come from? ohmy.gifgrin.gif

If you have had him posting after you for a while youd know what he thinks of Sikhi etc.

He has radical ideas about how people should get to do everything in english and the Gurus didnt drive cars etc. hes a kooowck wacko.gif

""""""""""""""""Dude, where the hell did this come from? ohmy.gifgrin.gif Yes, you're laying down some heavy stuff, but lionchild, who I thought was a she, not a he, should be given a chance to answer your "claims".""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""'

This is months after his own chances to answer.

hoe peopel want to talk to guru ji is there chouice pritam, you don't have tolearn punjabi to speak to god, you don't have to be indian to be sikh (obviously), you can read SGGs in english, it's all the same.

Really, your the radical one on the forums, saying sggs can only be recited in gurmakhi and that english is sooo bad. If you wear chola or kurtas it's ok, just don't wear it cause you think it's a sikhi and it makes you look higher than others.

I didnt say i wanted to only be with english speaking epople (although i best communicate with people who do speak english). Pick and choose what? i wear turban , you have problem with that now? and i am opening up to sikhi, but i'm aware of my culture and language.. you are expected to convert your religous values, not your culture and yourself.

BTW, did i mention your so full of yourself?

your so dominating rolleyes.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

[

My advise to you is stop trying to start your own panth and open your mind to Sikhi and not your puran moorukh manmat.

If you have had him posting after you for a while youd know what he thinks of Sikhi etc.

He has radical ideas about how people should get to do everything in english and the Gurus didnt drive cars etc. hes a kooowck wacko.gif

""""""""""""""""Dude, where the hell did this come from? ohmy.gifgrin.gif Yes, you're laying down some heavy stuff, but lionchild, who I thought was a she, not a he, should be given a chance to answer your "claims".""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""'

hoe peopel want to talk to guru ji is there chouice pritam, you don't have tolearn punjabi to speak to god, you don't have to be indian to be sikh (obviously), you can read SGGs in english, it's all the same.

Really, your the radical one on the forums, saying sggs can only be recited in gurmakhi and that english is sooo bad. If you wear chola or kurtas it's ok, just don't wear it cause you think it's a sikhi and it makes you look higher than others.

I didnt say i wanted to only be with english speaking epople (although i best communicate with people who do speak english). Pick and choose what? i wear turban , you have problem with that now? and i am opening up to sikhi, but i'm aware of my culture and language.. you are expected to convert your religous values, not your culture and yourself.

A turban isnt in your culture so you should stop. You choose for that to be in your religious values.{and thats just 1 pick&choose from you}

Try to go and recite bani in English at Amritsar or any Gurdwara on Earth the original will always be the main language of Bani unless you trick it in their.

Do you recite bani at Amritvela? do u in English? wacko.gif

I wear a chola or Kurtas because it puts me lower than others and makes me a target to the rednecks so it helps me deal with idiots better, it makes my braver to walk in a building full of hells angels bikers and they end up wanting to talk to me as any other guy would. I have people want seminars while Im at the grocery store and now all I can do is pass them a phamphlet because there are too many of them at once sometimes and I feel dumb with an audience at the store.

You dont need to speak any language to speak with God. Your breath is the voice of your soul.

To have my mouth and tongue move the same as the Gurus did is a great honour for my body to have.

I see you dont understand NAAD in its entirety. Do you listen to the Gurus Kirtan? Is it only in English? If it is its not real because it doesnt fit the format of Raag. When you read SGGS in English do you sing it in Ragg? {No} because it doesnt fit the format. Pretty much your style of Sikhi doesnt fit the format. You can do and think what ever you want its all your choice what you think will help you.

If you actually think youre ready to take Amrit then ask the Paanj Pyare if you can recite the banis in english, I wonder what they will say rolleyes.gif

You ask what naam simran even is and you call yourself educated. Instead of saying Waheguru just say God because Waheguru is in the Punjabi language. Dont say Gurdwara you should say the doorway to the Guru. Dont say Langar say the Gurus Kitchen. Dont say Sikh say disciple or seeker of truth. Dont say bani say hymns. Dont say kirpan say sword, dont say kangha say comb I could go on for ever of what you pick and choose from the language but wont recite the Bani in the origial roop.

I get tired of personally letting you know stuff that you utterly ignore but I wont ever quit.

and just because you love it when I say this

I bow to the Shabad Guru d_oh.gif Or should I say the "holy word, light that dispells all darkness" rolleyes.gif

post-5391-1152917909.jpg

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

PSK, straight up ... u da man

BOOLLLEEEE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO NIHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL

SAAAAATSRIAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL

[

A turban isnt in your culture so you should stop. You choose for that to be in your religious values.{and thats just 1 pick&choose from you}

Try to go and recite bani in English at Amritsar or any Gurdwara on Earth the original will always be the main language of Bani unless you trick it in their.

Do you recite bani at Amritvela? do u in English? wacko.gif

I wear a chola or Kurtas because it puts me lower than others and makes me a target to the rednecks so it helps me deal with idiots better, it makes my braver to walk in a building full of hells angels bikers and they end up wanting to talk to me as any other guy would. I have people want seminars while Im at the grocery store and now all I can do is pass them a phamphlet because there are too many of them at once sometimes and I feel dumb with an audience at the store.

You dont need to speak any language to speak with God. Your breath is the voice of your soul.

To have my mouth and tongue move the same as the Gurus did is a great honour for my body to have.

I see you dont understand NAAD in its entirety. Do you listen to the Gurus Kirtan? Is it only in English? If it is its not real because it doesnt fit the format of Raag. When you read SGGS in English do you sing it in Ragg? {No} because it doesnt fit the format. Pretty much your style of Sikhi doesnt fit the format. You can do and think what ever you want its all your choice what you think will help you.

If you actually think youre ready to take Amrit then ask the Paanj Pyare if you can recite the banis in english, I wonder what they will say rolleyes.gif

You ask what naam simran even is and you call yourself educated. Instead of saying Waheguru just say God because Waheguru is in the Punjabi language. Dont say Gurdwara you should say the doorway to the Guru. Dont say Langar say the Gurus Kitchen. Dont say Sikh say disciple or seeker of truth. Dont say bani say hymns. Dont say kirpan say sword, dont say kangha say comb I could go on for ever of what you pick and choose from the language but wont recite the Bani in the origial roop.

I get tired of personally letting you know stuff that you utterly ignore but I wont ever quit.

and just because you love it when I say this

I bow to the Shabad Guru d_oh.gif Or should I say the "holy word, light that dispells all darkness" rolleyes.gif

Lol, more assumptions and puting words in my mouth, typical of you :|

Language is transferable in sikhi - there is no entry in the sggs that says anything about a sikhi must speak gurmakhi/punjabi in order to be a sikh. People have a hard time accepting this, because we have been doign this for over 400 years... but it good for change, and we can't expect everyone to learn another languages - punjabi/gurmakhi is seperate from sikhi.

It will be beautiful to see one day the words of god being spoken in all the languages of the world, and at the same time and same meaning - it will happen, it's only a matter of time.

Remember what i say often - the language doesnt matter, it's the message that counts.

In sikhi we believe in equality of all people and cultures - you should know this already rolleyes.gif

It's all in your state of mind pritam - if you think it's notgoing to work, then itwon't work out. That's how it works with alot of ideas and concepts.

peace bro.

-LC

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

"""""""gurmakhi is seperate from sikhi.""""""""""""

Gurmukhi is the language of the Gurus. How can that be separate?

""""""""the language doesnt matter, it's the message that counts.""""""""

In the Nitnem it matters daily both the meaning and the language that it is supposed to be recited in.

Its only going to work if you think it will work. Manmat is the oppisite of Gurmat remember.

""""""""there is no entry in the sggs that says anything about a sikhi must speak gurmakhi/punjabi in order to be a sikh.""""""""""""

No it doesnt but you will always need a translator to know whats going on. The Hukamnama every morning is in Gurmukhi and if needed then translated into the spoken language of the people.

Sikhi is very hard you make it too easy.