Sikh Student Camp - What Am I Seeing?

Akaali

well im not against this camp nor for this camp at the moment

but i will be on one side come September where i will make up my own mind whether this camp has changed or not. I think it deserves a last chance - and by then if its still clear theyre not cleaning up their act, i will also join in the campaign to stop it. But i think one last chance is needed esp this year seeing as so much has happened.

My friends also agree and will to see when it comes September.

I respect Sharan Kaur from the West Midlands. Shes not afraid to reveal her identity and you can tell from that alone she believes in it strongly.

*also somewhere it said a bibi went to a camp two years and both years she had people talking sexually to her... if it went on for two years, including the first, why go back again and then whinge about it?

I will pretend i didnt read that. Why go back another year? You are saying give it another chance, yet you also are asking why go back antoher year. Singh Ji jago, that is a izzat of a sister, its comes before any camp. its my sister you are talking about, i suggest you think again next time. Imagine how hard it is for a Bibi to come forward and talk about being sexually abused. You cant Singh. Imagine it was your sister. Its good you and your friends are willing to give it another chance, but maybe others feel a sister and her izzat is more important.

You carry on pretending then Singh ji. Theres just too many hidden agendas people have... suprisingly, they hide their agendas and their identities. if they were true warriors, they would stand up and say who they are. But most of the idiots that go on about Sikh Stu camp just hide their identities so thats one reason i dont take the crap people say online.

If they say that they have changed the way they are running things, then lets hope they have and give them this chance. Because you, legally, have no right to stop the camp and you may not be able to. Im not gonna tell you how, but ive been working with some of them this year and i know some of their plans to turn things around. Not saying they will, or that it will work. But im willing to work with them FIRST to help them improve things, rather than against them. I give everyone a chance and make up my own mind about things. Dont need stupid blogs or "anonymous users" thinking for me.

*also somewhere it said a bibi went to a camp two years and both years she had people talking sexually to her... if it went on for two years, including the first, why go back again and then whinge about it?

I have met this bibi and as she said at the meeting in Gravesend she has no enmity towards anyone who runs the camp. She mentioned her personal incident at the camp a few years ago and spoke on behalf of some of her friends who are now married and don't want to come forward.

Golee Maro as an older brother I would say you need a slap for your inconsiderate comment above. In any society it is not easy for a woman to come forward and talk about any gross misconduct of a s£xual nature. She has managed to gain the courage after several years to come forward only to be labelled a "whinger" from people like you.

I personally think the Camp organisers are not mature enough to control and carry out this camp. That's my opinion based on my own cousins and family friends attending this camp as well as being at the meeting in Gravesend. Living local to where the Camp is held I have had to hear a lot of strange rumours over the past few years based around what goes on during the Camp. So much so even the local Singh Sabha Gurdwara Committee call it the Sanatan Camp.

Basically the Sikh Student Camp has a bad reputation and over the years they have done nothing to combat that reputation. I would not recommend the Camp to any of my cousins or local sangat as I lack confidence in the organisation and people running the camp.

As a younger brother, i would accept the slap d_oh.gif

I didnt mean to call her a whinger, but why did she go back the second year? That was my point...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your acting like you actualy plan to stop this camping from actualy happening...LOL

who? me?

... oh believe, if the same c*ap comes out again at this years camp u can guarantee it :

a: will be taken over by a specially selected group of sevadars approved by a panel

or

b: it will be stopped.

I think older singhs need to be approached regarding this, because we know as youth its gonna goto fights and who's bigger/better. Someone in the UK in terms of the youth who alot of people look upto and has some say in Sikhi matters, and others need to take this to older singhs and come up with a resolution for it.

The best form of evidence is audio/video and gathering the sangat at the gurdwara and exposing these people, it happened once in toronto with sangat flocking to thousands regarding that fake sant calling himself the reincarnation of guru sahib, all in cars/buses headed to his house and did some serious damage to the property since the guy wasn't home.

As long as someone takes a step to put a stop to this nang/bahmanvaad, guru sahib mehar karn.

I was referring to your comment about my sister. Bro whoever you it does not matter. You still have a lot to learn. As do we all. She gave it another chance. Is that not what u are doing? Why are u going back?

I think u will find others have given them chances. U r not the first real sikh to be born. Fortunately others are ahead oh u. I hope u can do what they cudnt.

ok Piddu - i just think if it was that bad, she would not have gone back. Thats all im trying to say. I do agree with ure point about the second chances, and if thats what she really done and got burnt again, then i do really feel sorry for her, yet admire her for giving the chance again.

We will sort it out. Im sure of it. I am not saying i am going to single handedly get up and change it all. Nothing of the sort. Maharaj is the only one who has the power to do that. Its all in His hands. I have done Ardas to Maharaj on this matter and it is His will what happens next. I think this camp is going to go ahead this year but if the same bs does continue from Sikh Stu camp, then i think we will find it will not be back next year. Theyve been given a lot of chances by people this year so all eyes will be on this camp... inside and outside the camp. There are divisions because of the chances people are giving the camp to improve this year and their have been many discussions around the UK regarding it. But next year... we will ALL make sure that the camp will be adjusted or shut down if this year, the outcome is similar to previous Sikh Student camps.

Forgive my many many mistakes and i am sorry if i have offended anyone, which knowing me, i probably have done again...