Windows Xp

Guest _Singh_

Guest _Singh_

i got windows XP and in the right hand bottom corner of the screen (next to where the time is displayed) there is an "x" within a red circle...N i constantly get a pop up saying...."your computer is infected"

it says Windows has detected spyware infection! download software to protect your computer

but theres no link

what software do i need to download?

PLZ help!!!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Well if your computer is infected do the following:

1. Run microsofts free spyware and virus scanner. Goto http://safety.live.com . Follow the instructions. This will clean up any viruses on your computer currently.

2. Get a NEW virus scanner. AVG is a good free one, just google "AVG virus scanner".

3. Get an anti-spyware scanner. Microsoft has one. Just google "microsoft anti-spyware".

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Guest Guest

i did the "updates and the http://safety.live.com

The safety.live.com got rid of quite a few problems but some still remained...included is the red "X" circle

anyone got any else got any other suggestions it says to use "special antispyware tools"

any recommendations on antispyware tools?

well its a spyware that has infected your computer.. the name of this spyware is spyware-X or sthin like that cant reali remember.

c:\windows\system32 -> list the files using the "details" view. Arrange the files according to the dates.. (only look at the files and not the folders) ... from the date the last modified date ... look for the files which was modified since the day u found the x sign on your computer. Google this file names and see if they shoud be in your pc. If you find this files are dodgy... delete em.. :D

this shud fix the problem. restart the pc and then see if you get the x sign. if you are not sure which files to delete list the files here and we might be able to help you :@

Hope this helps