Seminar And Presentation On 300th Sampooranta Divas Of Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

thesikhway

To celebrate the 300th sampooranta divas of Siri Guru Granth Sahib ji, a seminar will be held by the Sikh Education Council to celebrate this unique event.Various guest speakers will be taking part in this seminar to promote the teaching's of Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

All ages groups welcome!!

All details with regards this event please see the poster below.

Thesikhway.com

post-5967-1156033624.jpg

Militant singh are you saying you follow maryada.

Try to answer the question honestly.

You're not perfect so, to be as polite as possible, shut up.

I know you wont but I wanted to let you know that you are one of thefew people that look at everything from a negative side, and I mean everything.

Maybe one day you will see the love the Nakasar Baba Ji's had for Guru Ji.

Your criticse everyone so much, I would like to know if you would have been one of the people to laugh at the story of Panja Sahib Gurdwara if you were not born a sikh.

Militant singh are you saying you follow maryada.

Try to answer the question honestly.

You're not perfect so, to be as polite as possible, shut up.

I know you wont but I wanted to let you know that you are one of thefew people that look at everything from a negative side, and I mean everything.

Maybe one day you will see the love the Nakasar Baba Ji's had for Guru Ji.

Your criticse everyone so much, I would like to know if you would have been one of the people to laugh at the story of Panja Sahib Gurdwara if you were not born a sikh.

:)

Guest militant singh

they may have had love i aint dissing tru saints but y not have a nishan sahib y idol worship A gurdwara is a gurdwara u cant have semi gurdwaras i aint a saint aint sayin dat but rules apply 2 Gurdwaras and they should folow them i aint saying dey doing beadbi or anyfin jus tht the way they run thier so called dhramshalas aint rite they should be like other normal gurdwaras

These new trends of the "sikh" recreational centres makes me very uncomfortable, wouldn't it make sense to have the seminar in the Gurdwara Sahib? Why can't we stick to the Gurdwara Sahib as being the ultimate. Sikhi's not a recreational activity, it's a way life. Mahapurash's like Baba Nand Singh would not have promoted Sikhi as a recreation. Even Gatka/Shastar Vidya is a form of bhakti, it's not a recreational activity.

The biggest concern is that these recreational centres, eventually, start allowing "light" parties on the premises in order to fund the massive loan taken out to build the centre. We've seen it with Ramgharia Gurdwaras, Leeds, Leamington etc. Without sound too sceptical, I really hope Nanaksar don't fall into that trap.

Just my grumble of the day.

To clarify. Nanaksar Recreational Centre started in 1991.

So what goes on there?

THIS IS WHAT GOES ON THERE!!!:

* Regular Sikhi Classes for Kids (check nanaksar.org for some recent photos)

* Shin-Kin Martial arts (The Martial Art created by Sikhs and taught by Sikhs)

* Sikhi Related Presentations to various groups (As is the object of this thread)

* Sikhi Presentations to School Children (from various schools in the Midlands)

* Kirtan Classes (Taanti Saaj -string instrument - Classes every Friday - harmonium/tabla classes to be started in the next few months)

* Punjabi Classes every Saturday

There is a Nishan Sahib and there is no idol worship.

The building is next to gurdwara and as such is treated like a gurdwara building. No Drinking, No Smoking, No Partying! The above events take place here due to space restrictions in the main gurdwara building.

For people who doubt what goes on there.... why not come down and have a look for yourselves rather than starting rumours with your keyboard in your "own little world"

All the above is carried out by Sevadars so if you doubt what goes on ... PLEASE COME DOWN an actively partake in this sewa! We could always do with more sevadar..... Please email info@nanaksarthath.co.uk to get actively involved.

And hey... by the way there is also a presentation on the 300th Sampooranta Divas Of Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji tomorrow....