*best* Country For The Sikhs?

i noticed that about americans, well i cant generalize to all americans, but my friends in the states always be goin on about being indian, but my friends here refer to themselves as being punjabi or sikhs.....just something i've noticed...

I think one can be both... lets face it, each of us are from a certain backgound. I think where the line needs to be drawn is the religion and "culture". You can be punjabi, American, and be a sikh as well. However, we should ultimatly focus on our sikhi way of life over our culture. Be proud of both... but we should not mix culture (traditions, cloths, food, etc) with sikhi way of life.

I hope this has cleared a few things. :umm:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
i noticed that about americans, well i cant generalize to all americans, but my friends in the states always be goin on about being indian, but my friends here refer to themselves as being punjabi or sikhs.....just something i've noticed...

I think one can be both... lets face it, each of us are from a certain backgound. I think where the line needs to be drawn is the religion and "culture". You can be punjabi, American, and be a sikh as well. However, we should ultimatly focus on our sikhi way of life over our culture. Be proud of both... but we should not mix culture (traditions, cloths, food, etc) with sikhi way of life.

Yeah it cleared a few truths away from Sikhi rolleyes.gif

1} Langar - The Gurus Langar is set to be simple foods. So you are saying we should have pizza,chips & salsa,tacos/burrittos, and american fries for Guru-Ka-Langar???????????????????? Also why do you eat vegetarian at the Gurdwara and then go and eat your hamburgers and meat products as a contradiction???

2}Traditions - Now you are saying the Gurus traditions arent good enough for you??????????? The tradition of Langar you already want to fatally change, the tradition of wearing a turban??????? The tradition of what we do in the Gurdwara {hukam, kirtan, kaatha, ardas, hukam} you want to drstically change that??????????? The traditional hymns of the Guru should be changed?????????????????? The tradition of Gurpurabs and other important dates in history need to be tampered with???????????? The tradition of Amritvela and reharaas,and sohila needs to be "changed" ????????????????????? The tradition of Kaysh shouldnt be "mixed" in with Sikhi ????????????????? The tradition of Khalsa colors dont need to be "mixed" in with your manmat???????????????

3} clothes - so we should all wear boots and a red coat???? Should the 5ks be switched around too????? rolleyes.gif

Since I could go on forever what do you mean by "etc." needs to be changed??????????

So far from what I see, you dont want nothing to do with Sikhi yet call yourself a Sikh???????????????

You want Sikhi to be everything you want from your culture??????????????????????? Let me guess you want them to move Amritsar to Canada too????????????????????

You sound soooooo anti-panthic and completely against Sikh traditions as if you were a hindu paid to disrupt Sikhs. You yourself said you saw Sikhi from a hindu forum that you participated in. So did you go by some orders or something to completely question so you can flip Sikhism upside down????????? Next you will say you dont need Sangat or the Guru to be "spiritual" or reach for God.

All your posts relating to this topic is very bad news. I cant beleive someone wants to re-write Sikhism and you arent even very,at all, educated about Sikhi.

lionchild = rss style, hinduized, un-educated with Sikh philosophy, anti-panthic, wreckless. {sorry to put that but thats what I see out of your posts}

Please study Sikh philosophy and history for the sake and betterment of the Khalsa Panth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plz don't mind. we all are talking about good place of sikhs. now, if i name a country which is a good place for sikhs than do u all think that u are going to move there. NO... u know why.. because asi galan karan jogay e aan hor sadday kool kuch nahi hunda.

bhull chuk maaf karna ji.

gurfateh

Wholly smokes man, RELAX. Do we have to move to the country that you named in order for us to prevail? We are just having a conversation, and if you think that is bad, than you should have not replied. Seriously man, I thought the forums were for learning, and discussing issues. Just because we are discussing a topic, we have to do what we said in the topic? Are you saying we should discuss nothing than? Heck, why not just close this forum down then, that way we won't discuss anything. :umm:

i m sorry i didn't see any post on this thread after i post. but i only said what i had in my mind if u all didn't like my views i m sorry for that.

Yeah it cleared a few truths away from Sikhi rolleyes.gif

1} Langar - The Gurus Langar is set to be simple foods. So you are saying we should have pizza,chips & salsa,tacos/burrittos, and american fries for Guru-Ka-Langar???????????????????? Also why do you eat vegetarian at the Gurdwara and then go and eat your hamburgers and meat products as a contradiction???

2}Traditions - Now you are saying the Gurus traditions arent good enough for you??????????? The tradition of Langar you already want to fatally change, the tradition of wearing a turban??????? The tradition of what we do in the Gurdwara {hukam, kirtan, kaatha, ardas, hukam} you want to drstically change that??????????? The traditional hymns of the Guru should be changed?????????????????? The tradition of Gurpurabs and other important dates in history need to be tampered with???????????? The tradition of Amritvela and reharaas,and sohila needs to be "changed" ????????????????????? The tradition of Kaysh shouldnt be "mixed" in with Sikhi ????????????????? The tradition of Khalsa colors dont need to be "mixed" in with your manmat???????????????

3} clothes - so we should all wear boots and a red coat???? Should the 5ks be switched around too????? rolleyes.gif

Since I could go on forever what do you mean by "etc." needs to be changed??????????

So far from what I see, you dont want nothing to do with Sikhi yet call yourself a Sikh???????????????

You want Sikhi to be everything you want from your culture??????????????????????? Let me guess you want them to move Amritsar to Canada too????????????????????

You sound soooooo anti-panthic and completely against Sikh traditions as if you were a hindu paid to disrupt Sikhs. You yourself said you saw Sikhi from a hindu forum that you participated in. So did you go by some orders or something to completely question so you can flip Sikhism upside down????????? Next you will say you dont need Sangat or the Guru to be "spiritual" or reach for God.

All your posts relating to this topic is very bad news. I cant beleive someone wants to re-write Sikhism and you arent even very,at all, educated about Sikhi.

lionchild = rss style, hinduized, un-educated with Sikh philosophy, anti-panthic, wreckless. {sorry to put that but thats what I see out of your posts}

Please study Sikh philosophy and history for the sake and betterment of the Khalsa Panth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

interesting bable, yet totally way off the point i was saying. I was talking about Personal, background, cultural Traditions. Not sikhi tradistions like langar and seva. Obviously, you need to get some work and get your mind off me and other things that are "negative" to you. Perhaps you could you focus on your anger and greed, as it seems you like to have alot of both... and i don't call myself true sikh.. i don;'t know how many times i have told you that...

So moving right along... singh-khalsa, don;t worry, the boards can be a tough place to be, everyone makes mistakes and misunderstands someone. :TH:

Both Na and Ca have pluses and minuses when it comes to sikhs settling. while there is the chance of racism and descrimintation.. is there really any place on earth that doesnt have that???

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Top 3 undisputed coutries for the Khalsa Unit are:

1. Iraq (bhagdad)

2. Afghanistan (Kabul)

3. Saudi Arabia (Mecca Madina)

At least Islamic states don't debate over using the same toothpaste. Importance is payed to issues that actually matter e.g. killing all americans.

WHAT THE :..: They want to kill off all the non-muslims. They want to start with the U.S, cause if the U.S ever fell then they would run around like hoodlems killing people in all countries. The U.S is the backbone of alot of countries. Without the U.S some countries would fall in a matter of hours. Next would be the U.K if not they would try to take over at the same time as the U.S.

Here are the famous pics I put up at random :umm:

post-5391-1156808619.jpg

post-5391-1156808641.jpg

post-5391-1156808663.jpg

Plz don't mind. we all are talking about good place of sikhs. now, if i name a country which is a good place for sikhs than do u all think that u are going to move there. NO... u know why.. because asi galan karan jogay e aan hor sadday kool kuch nahi hunda.

bhull chuk maaf karna ji.

gurfateh

Wholly smokes man, RELAX. Do we have to move to the country that you named in order for us to prevail? We are just having a conversation, and if you think that is bad, than you should have not replied. Seriously man, I thought the forums were for learning, and discussing issues. Just because we are discussing a topic, we have to do what we said in the topic? Are you saying we should discuss nothing than? Heck, why not just close this forum down then, that way we won't discuss anything. :umm:

i m sorry i didn't see any post on this thread after i post. but i only said what i had in my mind if u all didn't like my views i m sorry for that.

First of all, don't be sorry, there is no need for that, REALLY. The other thing, I don't see YOU doing anything, so what makes it legit for you to go around saying that to anybody else? Last time I checked I didn't see Singh-Khalsas name in the newspaper fighting for Khalistan? grin.gif

That's why i react like that. I don't like when people just talk about these things. ok come on now be unite and do something. make big sikh youths then put mang of khalistan only then we will get khalistan. we are not going to hurt anyone but just unite so that people know u who u are and why u need khalistan. adan ik dujay naal lar k khalistan nahi milna.

Ya I know lionchild bro sometime misunderstandings come btw us.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

hahaha pritam singh khalsa and singh with dunalli are my kind of bros

That's why i react like that. I don't like when people just talk about these things. ok come on now be unite and do something. make big sikh youths then put mang of khalistan only then we will get khalistan. we are not going to hurt anyone but just unite so that people know u who u are and why u need khalistan. adan ik dujay naal lar k khalistan nahi milna.

Ya I know lionchild bro sometime misunderstandings come btw us.

how can we have unity if on one side we accuse each other of not doing anything but thenwe say we need to unite??? im sure u meant good...just cant get that from those types of posts....