Expanding Vocab To Keep Up With The Times

buddasingh

"Sikh will Head UK Panel for Multiculturalism" news article link shows the following picture

darra_singh.jpg

That my friends may be a very good man or woman. But is without a doubt it is misleading and insulting to not qualify in some manner the state of the “Sikh”.

Considering the image should the title of the article more appropriately be:

Approximate-sikh will Head UK Panel for Multiculturalism

Identifying-sikh…

Punjabi

Dabbling-sikh

Tentative-sikh

Embryonic-sikh

Anyone who has the least amount of understanding or respect for Sikhi in their heart would suggest that this type of identity not be identified simply as “Sikh” when doing so contributes to the very destruction of the Sikh form.

why cats like u always complain be satisfied would be better than an RSS cat runing england

I think you're saying is something akin to "at least that the person in the picture above is better than an RSS in a leadership position". Well it's also better than Hitler in a leadership position also. But that does not make it right.

That is all beside the point.

S/he may be an excellent leader and a fine person. But to call that person a Sikh without qualifying it in some hyphenated fashion is incorrect, misleading and even insulting.

Ultimately, this is not about you, me or the person in the picture. You and I may fit whatever description. However, that is irrelevant in this debate. This is about respecting the legacy of Bhai Taru Singh, the love of Guru Gobind Singh Ji amongst countless others.

How could you possibly carry a name like "militant singh" with that thought? Is your fight for a clan? a caste? or sikhi? or do you even know for sure? RSS would see your mindset as "mission accomplished".