Confusin

without-virtue

wjkk wjkf all

i jus waned to ask sumin basically im confused wen ppl go "we shuldn eat from manmukhs rite" and then call themselves manmukhs...manmukhs r ones hu folow their man rite so were all manmukhs, so sayin we shuldn eat frm em is a bit hypocritical, isn it?

jus askin even thouh i think its v.important to watch hu u eat frm.

wjkk wjkf all

i jus waned to ask sumin basically im confused wen ppl go "we shuldn eat from manmukhs rite" and then call themselves manmukhs...manmukhs r ones hu folow their man rite so were all manmukhs, so sayin we shuldn eat frm em is a bit hypocritical, isn it?

jus askin even thouh i think its v.important to watch hu u eat frm.

they just trying to be humble

this whole eating thing willl only come into play once ur very high in ur spirituality. for somone like me it'll only end up giving me ego. so please, jap loads n loads of naam before worrying about eating from a "manmukh"

I've spoken to Singhs who kept bibek, gave it up and then kept it again. They've told me that they did definitely feel a difference.

Bibek is essentially eating food that is prepared by an amritdhari while reciting naam/bani and in sarbloh. This isn't because of some elitism. It's because amritdharis who have been given naam by Guru Sahib in the amrit sinchaar have that naam vibration. When they prepare food in sarbloh while reciting naam/bani, that food becomes an important tool in our jeevan.

On the other hand, if you're eating food prepared by people who aren't spiritually oriented or talking nonsense, etc. that has a negative effect. That even goes if there's an amritdhari who doesn't keep rehit and prepares food or if the food is prepared without any naam/bani being recited.

When I first stopped eating outside, it wasn't a conscious decision actually. It was at a Sikh retreat held at a resort. The cook was a Westerner and he was greeting all of us as we were entering the dining area. I walked past him and when I looked in his top pocket, I noticed a package of cigarettes. I didn't know what to do. I didn't even like the thought that a smoker had prepared my food and that too with a package of cigarettes in his pocket but I needed to eat. Luckily there was a bibeki Singh there who brought his own food and he was happy to share with me. After that I dont' think I ever ate 'out' again.

When we eat openly, we don't know who's making the food, with what intentions etc. That's not good for our jeevan.

Bibek isn't one of those rehits that you keep once you have a jeevan. It's one of those rehits you keep so that you can build a jeevan in the first place.