Gurudwara Brawl

Bored

It was good to see the Sangat take charge of the situation. The brawling afterwards was not a desired effect but the point was made clear to the speaker that he was not welcome with his Anti-Gurmat views. This guy seems to be a follower of Kala-Afghana because in my local Gurdwara there is a guy who says the same stuff, esp about saying "Vaheguru" is not Naam Simran, but at my local Gurdwara nobody spoke out against the guy. I did, and we got into verbal blows about the situation. So these types of misled people are everywhere trying to misguide the Sangat and it is our duty to make sure these people are made aware that there is no toleration for beadbi of Guru Sahib or Sikhi in general. I think Gurdwaras should use some sort of filtering when someone asks to speak to the Sangat. If that person's views are legit let him speak, otherwise don't let him speak. Kudos to the Sangat for taking a stance.

Seeing and hearing the Sangat continue with the Naam Simran throughout the "katha" was extremely inspiring d_oh.gif .

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AKJFOREVER its really make me sad that whatever you think happened there was inspiring....

if one person doesnt agree with you then you him anti panthic... one one person does then you can him panthic...

i think i shall call you anti panthic because you peoples arer the ones who reject panthic maryada... who is panthic now

please define panthic... AKJ certainly doesnt = panth... taksal certainly doesnt = panth

all panthic decsions are based on the teaching of guru granth sahib ji

all these so panthic people start the fights.. and when they do they go stright for the dhari and the dastaar...

i was there at the gurdwara when it happened and that is certainly not the whole thing.. there was more afterwards when the camera shut off...

like a singh said on staghe the people who were doing naam simran were doing baedbi.. as for the reason they protested because its these same people who got exposed

When people talk about ekta i think they are out of there minds.... when people like this in the leadership race ekta will never be... ekta will never be until everyone follow guru granth sahib and panthic maryada until then dream on....

one guru one panth

fateh

This is not an AKJ versus the rest of the Panth situation. The guy speaking was pro Kala Afghana, and last time I checked Kala Afghan is excommunicated from Panth, therefore his followers should NOT be allowed to speak at any Guru Ghar. It's clear that you don't like AKJ, which fine you have that right, but don't tell me that Kala Afghana followers should be allowed to address the Sangat in any Gurdwara anywhere.

As far as being Panthic goes, I've posted this many times on this board but I post it again, Akal Thakat Sahib recognizes other Maryadas, not all, as being equal to the SGPC version. Two examples of Maryadas which are equal to the SGPC version are Taksaal and AKJ. So then how can you say that following AKJ Maryada or Taksaal is wrong? Following any Maryada approved by Akal Thakat Sahib is being Panthic, how else can one be more Panthic?

What you should be saying is that you personally don't agree with Taksaal or AKJ rules and you have a problem with that. That is fine you have that right. But don't call a Jatha wrong because you don't like their rules.

This is not an AKJ versus the rest of the Panth situation. The guy speaking was pro Kala Afghana, and last time I checked Kala Afghan is excommunicated from Panth, therefore his followers should NOT be allowed to speak at any Guru Ghar.

LOL veeera that's nothing. We have swami ram 'jada' devi or summat, talking on stages so why not allow so called 'sikhs' too.

waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

bro Khalsa fauj

you say Damdami Taksall did stuff. They were sarbat Khalsa, the singhs give shahhedi at operation blue star, lead the movement (with others) im sayin the whole struugle started with the Damdami Taksal, and if ther r ppl tht act like the Taksal did "everything" then its thier fault. y cant blame the whole of the Taksal for it jus like you sed ghugga made a big mistake.

the panj pyare issue you said, is that book wriiten by Snt Gurbachan Singh Khalsa Bhindrawale?

frm the lil i no i thougfht ithad said that they were bhagats before or somthin?

ill wait for that book abot Harnaam Singh Dhumma, but im askin ya who would you like as jathedar instead?

bhul chuk maaf

waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

SSF!

I will accept any jathaydaar who implements Akaal Takht maryada within Taksal. Any Jathaydaar who cares about Gurmat and wants to do the best for the Panth.

Everything you don't like, seems kala afgana to you guys. Base it on Gurmat. Ghugga doesn't say don't do moolmantar jaap. He says don't do it for 2-3 hours. He says spend that time reading Gurbani and getting Gurmat gyan. What is wrong with that? 5-10 minutes of Waheguru Jaap in the early hours before doing paath is good to get focused and mind going. No where in the Akaal Maryada does it say on how long it has to be done. It should be done to get ourselves focused. If Waheguru Mantar is all we have to do jaap of then who is going to read all the Gurbani Guru Ji gave us? Kala Afgana was kicked out for challenging Akaal Takht maryada and becuse of his tension with Vedanti. Ghugga follows and preaches Akaal Takht marayda so he isn't kicked out. I say report him to Akaal Takht, Vedanti will take action.

Anyone questoning the marayda you follow is Kala Afgana agent to you.

Yes! The book is written by Gyani Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindrawale.

I have feeling this post will close soon.

Read over this whole thread, we talk about how there is fighting at gurdwaras and how sikhs cannot live without a fight.

And there is a fight in this very thread.

Firstly, Many people here don't know the real issue. A friend who lives in Brampton, told me everything that happened as he was their. He also went to most of the meetings after the event.

Someone here was making a broad statement of how Sikhs are just sheep in lion clothing.. To that person who said that...If you consider yourself a sikh, you are the one in sheep clothing not others.

When you realize someone is doing beadbi, and you take action, In today's kaljug ,even those people are looked down upon ... "Why couldnt u do it peacefully". THose people are the one described by Sant Jarnail SIngh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale as peopl who drink their cup of cha and sit on a chair and talk talk talk talk. There were lots of people back in that time who were teh same and just talked but did nothing.

Even though this is only a forum, I cannot stress one thing enough "Before pointing fingers at others, look deep within yourself"

Those who say these people are idiots, Tell me last time you did something to prevent beadbi, stopped beadbi, or confronted someone face-to-face who is a disgrace to panth

You cannot go explain to a mona who does drugs, smokes, etc that its bad, because u tend to lay it off by saying It's nothing, It's just all waheguru doing it, Then when things like these happen you say sikhs are in sheep clothing

Let me tell you one thing, some people who were there read more bani and are in gurdwara doing seva more than you will ever do.

Now, As sikhs, we need to put importance on one thing, Controlling ourselves when it comes to these issues and others. (I'm not refering to the singhs that fought) I'm saying on this forum even. We come here and say whatever we want, but try to sometimes not post when you know what you say might make someone angry. It will help you control your little desires of feeling satisfaction. When you have something to say you know others disagree to, don't say it at all. There are muslims and hindus on this forum too, acting like sikhs who make posts to make us all fight, but As sikhs we tend to help them often alot, maybe we put some of them out of business too, they probably like "We can decrease our ppl here, theres a few sikhs who we made like us"

Now, As sikhs, we need to put importance on one thing, Controlling ourselves when it comes to these issues and others. (I'm not refering to the singhs that fought) I'm saying on this forum even. We come here and say whatever we want, but try to sometimes not post when you know what you say might make someone angry. It will help you control your little desires of feeling satisfaction. When you have something to say you know others disagree to, don't say it at all. There are muslims and hindus on this forum too, acting like sikhs who make posts to make us all fight, but As sikhs we tend to help them often alot, maybe we put some of them out of business too, they probably like "We can decrease our ppl here, theres a few sikhs who we made like us"

:TH: