Road Traffic Accident

Manchester_Sikhi

WGJK WGJF

I need some advice

I was involved in a very minor road accident a few days ago. No one was hurt.

I hit the guy from behind.

Basically, there were 4 young guys in this car who were making racial comments out of the window as I drove along side them.

I had to move over to the next lane so was behind them.

They threw a bag of mcdonalds stuff out of the window.

We were driving along a dual carriage way, and just passed a right turn filter lane, when these guys slowed down suddely and were trying to turn right, even though they had missed the filter lane and shouldn't be making that turn.

The road was wet, and I managed to slow down enough but still had a minor bump with them.

When they got out of the car they were all really OK and not being racist (I was keeping my cool).

No damage on either vehicle was seen.

However, this morning I recieve a letter saying that they are making a personal injury claim against me.

They have not reported it to my insurance company.

What can I do?

I have two people who saw what happened.

But bascially, they brought it upon their selves, I was driving at a reasonable distance behind before they tried to make an illegal right turn along a 40 mph road.

Any advice from people in the UK?

Many thanks

Raj

Can you get statements from the two witnesses?

That would help you a great deal; I think you should tell your insurers?

This happened to me also, but they took it through my insurers; but I was able to prove that the woman who tried to claim for personal injury was not wearing her seat belt, I had my sister as a witness and the claim fell through, best bet is to seek advice from a lawyer or your insurance company and get the statements from the two witnesses!

Good luck!

Hi Raj,

Waht you should of done at the time was to call the police and say that they tired to do an illeagal manouvere and were driving stupidly, also the fact that they were hurling abuse, so cant have been concentrating!

1) U HAVE TO TELL UR INSURANCE COMPANY

2) Get written statements

3) Pass all correspondance to the insurance company (thats what theyre there for)

Phone up your insurance company and explain they threw something at u as well. I wouldnt worry too much though...

Thanks all.

I've done that.

I've told insurance company what happened.

I have two people who saw what happened.

The police are useless...trust me.

I had another accident two days later (someone elses fault) and the police told me that if no-one was injured, they don't want to know (even though the other driver had no insurance!!).

Anyway...thats life as people say.

Thanks though...it still stresses me out though, to know how sick people are....they need a proper slap---mom style!!!