Thousands Of Hindus Convert.

Harmeet_Singh

:TH: If that's how they are happy than BIGZ UPZ to them. Also, a lot of "Dalits" from the Hindu religion in Punjab have been converting to Sikhism as well, here is a link. :TH:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/20060927/main8.htm

but the question that i was asking to myself is..

what do u define religious conversion as... people who even dont know who jesus or buddha are converting to christianity and buddhism... just by saying that i adopt so and so religion does a person get converted...

this is much big a journey..

i know why this dalits are doing it... so that they can run away from this social evils in hinduism... thats the only reason.. i dont think they know anything abt the religion they are converting to...

Sikh is a life long learner... just by picking some dalits and telling them they are sikhs wont help.. unless they know what all sikhi is about.. and how to become one with God.. get over the social doctrines that they have been following all thr life...

^ Good Point, man.

I was wondering the same thing actually, when I was reading the article. It says they are trying to espace the name calling, and converting for "survival?" I think if they converted on their own will, and will practice bani and bana, than awesome. If they are converting to escape name calling and all those things, than I disagree with that....for the Punjab article we want Quality over Quantity. :TH:

The craziest thing is that we have Hindu Student Council groups in American univresities who deny the caste system in Hinduism. Every time we had an inter-religious conference at our university the Hindus woudl deny the csate system and say that it no longer exists. Sometimes I wondered who was brainwashed more the hindus or teh Muslims.

anyways, good luck to all these people trying to leave the clutches of the evil caste system.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

From all the studying I have done over the last two years or so I have personally (my own personal opinion with what Im gonna do with my life) I think all the other religions are too simple to follow with no devotion or effort except Jews and Muslims. Hindus are really detailed with the way they do things but to me there is no feeling or spiritual gain. I think christians just claim jesus as there savior and then they die and go to heaven with no question or regret. This makes way for a life of religious hypocricy and evil living thinking of a good outcome with no actual physical discipline or very much spiritual involvment. Jews have held on to the original works of the early abrahamic religious doctrine but claim to be a chosen people from what there scriptures state throughout, and the rest of humanity are gentiles. Muslims are very strict but claim to be a chosen religion also and within the doctrine calls for ridding the Earth of all other religion. GOd has no special race of people along with religion. I believe Sikhi can better and easier explain how to be a humble holy person over all the other religions. I believe other religions have the same message but hidden beneath intelectual involved wordings and parables which some are impossible to translate into an up front statement from their scriptures. Even within christianity one needs to give up worldly duties in order to understand the religious teachings. Then the whole religion has to ask for the high and in charge for sermon. We Sikhs can install Guru in our own homes which morphs the house into a holy place and equal to a Gurdwara. Were other religions have to go to a certain building on a certain day to have a religious sabbath meeting. There are getting to be alot of christian sects like hinduism has. The christian sects all claim to be the true church of christ(not the church of god but jesus looked at as god) If the doctrine was better defined then their wouldnt be so many different offshoots of the same religion. Sikhi has offshoots but most are from ways of living. Nihangs are completely traditional as which others live in countries that have a different way of life, and others just put more importance on certain traits within Sikhi, but dont claim to be a separate church of itself. Today we have other forces/religions trying to disrupt Sikhi by adding false info and trying to have the Sikhs lose the Sikh roop.Blah blah blah

Basically if someone is blind within any religion then they have a backwards opipnion about it. When you are a godly person then you are a godly person, and you cant pretend because eventually you will be exposed and that will eventual give yourself a bad opinion about the religion and then you cheated yourself by cheating :D