Peaceful Protests Against Ghagga / Afghanna Missionary Camp In Toronto

Shinda

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Why dont some "singh" just beat the living day lights out of ghagga good and proper, its causing so much this and that, just go over to him and knock him out!

That shud end him and his stupid remarks. Certainly would make him think twice.

It wouldnt work in this case. Its like if someone did that to you to get you to stop being a Sikh. I could see slapping him :TH: Some cowards probably would but that would just make ghagga be even stupider. If he did a whole lot dumber things then I wouldnt see why not after insult after insult of his durmat preaching. It would suck if someone sqwirted like red dye or ink :D grin.gifohmy.gif :D wacko.gif :s @ rolleyes.gif

Why dont some "singh" just beat the living day lights out of ghagga good and proper, its causing so much this and that, just go over to him and knock him out!

That shud end him and his stupid remarks. Certainly would make him think twice.

It wouldnt work in this case. Its like if someone did that to you to get you to stop being a Sikh. I could see slapping him :TH: Some cowards probably would but that would just make ghagga be even stupider. If he did a whole lot dumber things then I wouldnt see why not after insult after insult of his durmat preaching. It would suck if someone sqwirted like red dye or ink :D grin.gifohmy.gif :D wacko.gif :s @ rolleyes.gif

Hes making silly remarks minute by minute, sick of seeing his face with the beard and turban which he surely doesnt deserve, so either someone puts sense in to him with a punch or really puts him right, we should have sikh police, which stops people like this from preaching wrong!

Sikh missionary excommunicated

for blasphemous writings

Varinder Walia

Tribune News Service

Amritsar, October 22

Taking strong and suo-moto exception to the alleged blasphemous writings and statements by Prof Inder Singh Ghagha, an alumnus of Sikh Missionary College, Ludhiana, Akal Takht today directed the Sikh sangat to stop him forthwith from carrying out his religious activities all over the world.

In a directive issued on the letter head of Akal Takht, the Jathedar also took similar action against Prof Ghagha's associates, including Mr Gurcharan Singh Jeeonwala, Mr Manjit Singh Sahota, Mr Karamjit Singh Gill, Mr Amandeep Singh Kang, Mr Gurmit Singh , Mr Parminder Singh Parmar, Mr Jasbir Singh Mangat and their associates.

The development is considered unprecedented since Prof Ghagga and his associates were not given an opportunity to clarify their respective positions.

Finding the remarks too obnoxious, the Akal Takhat this time directed the Sikhs not to allow Prof Ghagha and his associates to speak from any gurdwara or panthak stage.

Earlier, one Bhag Singh of Ambala was also excommunicated on the same grounds for writing against 'benati choupai' and 'ardas'. However, he had presented himself before the Akal Takht and sought forgiveness. Later, Mr Gurbax Singh Kala Afghana was excommunicated from the Sikh panth for the same reasons.

Of late, many petitions had been pouring in against Prof Ghagha, He and his group had been indulging in blasphemous writings against the Sikh ideology and 'gurbani', they allege.

Interestingly, Ghagha claims himself to be associated with missionary colleges but the Sikh Missionary College, Ludhiana, declared that he was not associated with the institute. The same statement had come from Gurmat Gian Missionary College where Ghagha was teaching. Mr Gurcharanjit Singh Lamba, editor of the community journal Sant Sipahi, criticsed these statements saying that merely saying that he was not associated with them had no meaning unless these institutions condemned the writings of Ghagha and Kala Afghana.

Prof Ghagha who had been an ardent supporter of cop-turned- Sikh scholar Gurbakhsh Singh Kala Afghana, is presently in Canada. His speeches there triggered physical clashes between rival groups and the atmosphere was getting surcharged.

Ghagha started with casting aspersions against the 'bani' of Guru Gobind Singh and then came down to passing adverse remarks on the 'bani' and history of all the gurus.

The Akal Takhat directive has also given a stern direction to Sikhs not to cooperate in any of the seminars and conventions organised by Ghagha and his associates.

For the goras, we are just a tamasha. We need to learn better and make better decisions. Sikhs are ruining their own image.

Relax, its not tamaasha, fools like ghagga who distort Sikhi and his chele threaten the core values of Sikhi and are more of a threat than anything. I'm glad that most the jathebandis on the list came out and showed their support, there were over 200 singhs/singhnia there and they all showed that the panth will stick together against manmat views, jakaare were let out in show of support of each other against these false preachings, something, all that was needed yesterday was a spark because of the tension in the air. These people are NOT welcome in the Sikh panth as per Sri Akaal Takht Sahib. Debate on their views or supporting their side or a justification of their opinion is not welcome on SikhSangat.com either, anyone agreeing with Ghagga's views will be taken into serious consideration as per the sandesh from Sri Akaal Takht Sahib. So I suggest those select individuals to watch what they say in regards to Ghagga.

For me, reciting Gurbani is naam jupnaa but I have no problem with someone doing Waheguru Jaap if they want as long as they take out time to read and understand Gurbani. Doing Japuji Sahib recitation or recitation of other Shabads and Banis is Naam Jupnnaa accroding for me. Waheguru Jaap is the start as it is easy to concentrate on 1 word. My mission is to concentrate on reciting Banis. We do Waheguru Jaap during Amritvela to get the mind going so we can focus on Gurbani from the start. If we don't do WaheGuru Jaap for some time before Nitneim, then the concentration comes around the time we reach 8th Pauri. Waheguru Jaap also clears the mind and makes it fresh.

However, I don't agree with doing Waheguru Jaap 24/7 or even 2 hours as we don't get any Gurmat Gyan and don't connect with Gurbani. We must spend every time we can to learn Gurbani and memorize it.

I would disagree, you are entitled to your opinion.

pardon me for going back to this but, you are both right in a sense. baba gurbachan singh has said that doing waheguru simran, reading bani, and doing humble seva, all these are equivalent to simran. :TH:

i see where khalsa fauj is coming from, if waheguru gurmantr is all we need then there was no need to compile guru granth sahib ji. waheguru gurmantr helps us concentrate and so does gurbani. and gurbani also tells us the proper way to live so that the kamai we do from japping naam is stolen away by the 5 thieves. and akjforver veer, afterall it is from gurbani we know about the 5 thieves......so the way i see it, we need both. :D

bhul chuk maaf. guru rakha.