Peaceful Protests Against Ghagga / Afghanna Missionary Camp In Toronto

Shinda

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

logu jwnY iehu gIqu hY iehu qau bRhm bIcwr ]

log jaanai eihu geeth hai eihu tho breham beechaar ||

People believe that this is just a song, but it is a meditation on God.

doing waheguru simran, reading bani, and doing humble seva, all these are equivalent to simran

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Explain that tuk then???? Every single place I see that tuk it means the same thing. If we are stressing the word beechaar then what is the correct definition????

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I think the interpretation debate of whether there can be only one "best" interpretation or multiple interpretations is quite a profound one.

This is debated at the academic level, with many PhD theses in the literary world, by lawyers (Dworkin v. Hart), and amongst GurSikhs as well - Tapoban Singhs (I think) say only one interpretation, Taksaali Mahapurakh have ascribed various different meanings to meanings of certain Bani, like Mool Mantar.

Personally, I think there are certainly better interpretations than others, and, perhaps, even a single-best interpretation, but that doesn not mean that Bani cannot operate on more than one level of understanding - for example, Bani has many metaphors which can be interpreted at different levels.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

there is no "best" interpretation as per Gyani Sant Singh Maskeen

he said, that the deeper the person goes, the more he realizes how gurbani is bahu rangi, (multiple colours). we have so many teekay done by various scholars and none of them match. so he said, none of these are wrong. but, the reflect how deep the person has gone into gurbani. afterall, the author can only write what he/she has experienced.

also, baba gurbachan singh said that if he were to do katha on mool matnr, every second of his life even then he wouldnt be able to describe it all. just shows how the deeper the person goes, the more meaning they get out of it.