To Gel Or Not To Gel That Is The Question?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, you can gel all you want, you can keep it flowing at free will, but if you dont wash your insides with "NAAM", then your beard will do nothing for you and that is utter truth, and dont make random silly comments.

Remember what the hindus were doing, they were trying to wash their sins in the water and Guru ji put them right, in this respect its the same, having a beard and committing sins, wont hellp you in the long runm, having the khalsa attire, keeping away from KAM KRODH LOB MOH HANKAR is the best gift one can have.

FULL STOP!

Let me give you an example, a true life example, GHAGGA with his flowing beard and yet committing sins. The other example is "Jogi" with their flowing beards, when Mardhana was hungry, and Guru ji said ask the Jogis to give you food, he did but they Said If your Guru is so good tell him to give you some, so Guru ji did and guess what? Well Guru ji said to mardhana, Oh mardhaniya shake the tree and any fruit that falls please consume, on the right hand side the fruit was so sweet and the fruit that dropped on the side of the "jogis" was sour.

Tells you doesnt it.

Again, you an gel all you want, you can keep it flowing at free will, but if you dont wash your insides with "NAAM", then your beard will do nothing for you and that is utter truth, and dont make random silly comments.

Remember what the hindus were doing, they were trying to wash their sins in the water and Guru ji put the right, in this respect its the same, having a beard and committing sins, wont hellp you in the long runm, having the khalsa attire, keeping away from KAM KRODH LOB MOH HANKAR is the best gift one can have.

FULL STOP!

Again, you an gel all you want, you can keep it flowing at free will, but if you dont wash your insides with "NAAM", then your beard will do nothing for you and that is utter truth, and dont make random silly comments.

Remember what the hindus were doing, they were trying to wash their sins in the water and Guru ji put the right, in this respect its the same, having a beard and committing sins, wont hellp you in the long runm, having the khalsa attire, keeping away from KAM KRODH LOB MOH HANKAR is the best gift one can have.

FULL STOP!

let me give you an example, a true life example, GHAGGA with his flowing beard and yet committing sins.

bhai saab, ur just a miracle from Akaal purakh blessing us with all this divine knowledge akaaaaaaaaaaaal

... and dont make random silly comments.

why not? what's the big deal? you need to lighten up man... i don't think that the "random silly comments" were targeted to you or offensive to you in any way... if you felt that they were for some reason, then i'm sorry...

fateh.....

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

So for the conclusion: Only be Gel-in like ma-Gel-in with doctor schols gelsole. No beard gel only gel soles for you feet :D and no a soul isnt made out of gel :D

gellin like a felon...

like Im sellin :s hehe

Again, you can gel all you want, you can keep it flowing at free will, but if you dont wash your insides with "NAAM", then your beard will do nothing for you and that is utter truth, and dont make random silly comments.

Remember what the hindus were doing, they were trying to wash their sins in the water and Guru ji put them right, in this respect its the same, having a beard and committing sins, wont hellp you in the long runm, having the khalsa attire, keeping away from KAM KRODH LOB MOH HANKAR is the best gift one can have.

FULL STOP!

Let me give you an example, a true life example, GHAGGA with his flowing beard and yet committing sins. The other example is "Jogi" with their flowing beards, when Mardhana was hungry, and Guru ji said ask the Jogis to give you food, he did but they Said If your Guru is so good tell him to give you some, so Guru ji did and guess what? Well Guru ji said to mardhana, Oh mardhaniya shake the tree and any fruit that falls please consume, on the right hand side the fruit was so sweet and the fruit that dropped on the side of the "jogis" was sour.

Tells you doesnt it.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

First of all, why would anyone want to gel their beards other than the reason they want to impress? the only person we should want to impress is our beloved Guru Ji. Does our Guru Ji like us more if we gel our beards? No. Keep your beeard as natural as possible cuz thats how our Guru Ji likes it, and please stop trying to impress the wrong people! gelling your beards is pure manmat!

Hardeep singh, you are a little confused. You are right that we should be pure from the inside. But you say that our outside appearance doesn't matter at all, if our inside is dirty! these are two aspects of sikhi. Dont combine them by saying one aspect is nothing if you dont have the other. We should be practicing both, inside and outside. Please stick to the topic!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

FULL STOP!

Tells you doesnt it.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

First of all, why would anyone want to gel their beards other than the reason they want to impress? the only person we should want to impress is our beloved Guru Ji. Does our Guru Ji like us more if we gel our beards? No. Keep your beeard as natural as possible cuz thats how our Guru Ji likes it, and please stop trying to impress the wrong people! gelling your beards is pure manmat!

Hardeep singh, you are a little confused. You are right that we should be pure from the inside. But you say that our outside appearance doesn't matter at all, if our inside is dirty! these are two aspects of sikhi. Dont combine them by saying one aspect is nothing if you dont have the other. We should be practicing both, inside and outside. Please stick to the topic!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Jasdeep Singha, read my post clearly I have mentioned the khalsa attire whose without the 5 vices is perfect. It does of course matter whats inside and not the out. Singha, you know am right, so therefore your saying dont combine, sikhi is not a mere thing, you have to combine them all and become a khalsa.

I dont want to go deep in discussion with you, but if I have to I can, and prove to you that that appearance doesnt matter, never judge the book by its cover, however Beard is a must, be it gelled or not, you shouldnt cut or trim it, in this day and age, Guru Nanak Dev ji sahib knows what we have to face, we can tie beards if work is not safe.

You have more or less say that gelling of bear is manmat, please give references, my father and many others tie their beard, is this manmat too? references please, without reference please dont say anything.

I am not confused, I think you are confused, being feared that Sikhi combines many things in order to be perfect khalsa, please dont fear. If you cannot acknowledge a combination of Gurbani and Guru Nanak Dev jis teaching then there is no point in being a Sikh.

Can I ask you or any one else on this forum, What is another reason of keeping a beard?

... and dont make random silly comments.

why not? what's the big deal? you need to lighten up man... i don't think that the "random silly comments" were targeted to you or offensive to you in any way... if you felt that they were for some reason, then i'm sorry...

fateh.....

Was for a reason, there were some beadbi to the beard, so there for that why I said it because there would have been more random remarks.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

. Singha, you know am right, so therefore your saying dont combine, sikhi is not a mere thing, you have to combine them all and become a khalsa.

Hardeep Singh, I agree with you we should combine everything and become Khalsa. By this i mean, care for your outer appearance (not gelling beard, and keeping it natural), as well as caring for your inside (naam simran etc). What i meant by saying dont combine them is dont bring them both up in this topic, just stick to discussing one. lets not say our outside doesn't matter if our inside is dirty, just discuss why you think gelling is right or wrong.

Now, you have told us all tying the beard is ok...but u still haven't told us why gelling is.... The topic is about gelling not tying. We can talk about tying in another topic. Its ironic, no one has yet given a reason why they think gelling is ok, maybe they dont want to admit they only do it to impress females.

I dont want to get into a deep discussion either. just tell us why you think gelling is ok, i have told you why i think it is wrong in my previous post.

Vaheguru Ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh