Tigerstyle : Bbc Electric Proms

Nama Singh

FYI if neone is interested :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/electricproms/nextstage/tigerstyle/

Tigerstyle are playing the BBC Electric Proms Asian Network gig on Saturday 28 October.

Scottish Bhangra production duo Tigerstyle are two brothers trained in classical tabla, gurmat sangeet and various forms of punjabi folk music and instrumentation. Howeveer, they have a broad taste in contemporary music ranging from Hip Hop to Drum n Bass and Dance and it is this fusion of the traditional and contemporary that has fuelled their success.

The brothers have released a number of singles and albums and also taken on official remix duties for the likes of Lisa Maffia and Raghav. After some legal wranglings with previous record companies, they recently signed to Nachural Records (the label that launched Panjabi MC) and are preparing a new debut single and album for worldwide release.

The success of Tigerstyle has seen them tour all over the world and they've shared stages with the likes of Talvin Singh, Nitin Sawhney, Gunjan, Asian Dub Foundation, Badmarsh & Shri, Truth Hurts, Panjabi MC, Future World Funk and Bobby Friction & Nihal on Radio 1.

Tigerstyle were selected for Next Stage by BBC Asian Network with Bobby Friction.

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

Wicked shaheedi albums they do! if only they stuck to just doing sikhi stuff then flippin going 2 clubs and djing!! they r amrith dhari, and i dnt care what no1 says, amrith dhari + CLUB = STUPID!!

MUSIC GETS U AWAY FROM SIKHI, (MOST OF IT WHICH THEY, IN TERMS OF HIP HOP, DRUM AND BASS, JUNGLE, GARAGE)

i 2 used 2 dj but i have learnt that music does not bring u closer 2 god, it takes u away!

I used 2 look up 2 these guys, but now i feel like they let me down!!

VJKK VJKF!

VJKK VJKF

Wicked shaheedi albums they do! if only they stuck to just doing sikhi stuff then flippin going 2 clubs and djing!! they r amrith dhari, and i dnt care what no1 says, amrith dhari + CLUB = STUPID!!

MUSIC GETS U AWAY FROM SIKHI, (MOST OF IT WHICH THEY, IN TERMS OF HIP HOP, DRUM AND BASS, JUNGLE, GARAGE)

i 2 used 2 dj but i have learnt that music does not bring u closer 2 god, it takes u away!

I used 2 look up 2 these guys, but now i feel like they let me down!!

VJKK VJKF!

Would be nice if they used the influence to lure the 'clubbers' back into Sikhi once they've got their feet into the doorway...so to speak.

why posting bhangra nama singh <admin-profanity filter activated> hell is this? what do u get from posting this?

These guys produce dharamik tracks - sikh faith based songs - and it says in the article "two brothers trained in classical tabla, gurmat sangeet" ... Gurmat Sangeet... isnt Gurmat Sikhi?

It'd be interesting to know if they actually play any dharmik tracks on the day. Sorry if it offends and admin can remove this thread if they see it as irrelevent.

Guest s133k_s1kh
why posting bhangra nama singh <admin-profanity filter activated> hell is this? what do u get from posting this?

FATEH!!

rolleyes.gif Someone is very upset by your post Nama Singh veer ji. KFI bai ji he just posted it in the Fun/Global Events/News Articles section and i hope you do know the meaning of News Articles.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

GUR FATEH!!