Instruments

Guest ?

hi

is it okay for a girl to play tabla? lol that sounds funny for even asking but i want to learn how to play something...any suggestions....and another thing theres no teachers in my area no.gif wud it be ard 2 pick it up on my ownn? aanyway i was thinkin of sitar or tabla any other suggestions?

as i play tabla, i would say do NOT try to learn tabla on your own. i would highly highly recommend that you get a proper teacher, (not a desi one, who teaches you stuff from his book rolleyes.gif )

sitar i have no clue about, but i reckon like more classical instruments you need a teacher, especially in the beginning. buh it does sound pretty cool, puts me to sleep :D

and mad props to you phenji, barely see bibian trying to learn tabla.

im guessing my parents probably wont let me...i asked if i could learn any instrument and i got a shut up :D like if i said i want to learn tabla they'd be like :@ @ lol but i really want to learnn somthing

hi

is it okay for a girl to play tabla? lol that sounds funny for even asking but i want to learn how to play something...any suggestions....and another thing theres no teachers in my area no.gif wud it be ard 2 pick it up on my ownn? aanyway i was thinkin of sitar or tabla any other suggestions?

where do u live?

il try to find you someone for tabla and sitar, and try to get u a discount if i know the person :TH:

my msn add is on my profile..

have u played any instrument b4?

im guessing my parents probably wont let me...i asked if i could learn any instrument and i got a shut up <_< like if i said i want to learn tabla they'd be like :@ @ lol but i really want to learnn somthing

me tooooo hehe....you saying you wanna learn "something" meaning like it could be tabla or sitar or..even vaja :D i say go for it!!! if ye wanna learn the tabla then i say you should...i wanna learn to haha and hopefully if i have enough confidence to go up to the uncle ji who teaches tabla and ask him then i'll start soon too blush.gif but hey panji....don't listen to your parents on this lmao....my dad would sometimes say oh you should study more don't get so much into music...but once i learned it and started learning keertan he was sooo proud and he loved it...don't worry about what they think like tabla is an awesome instrument lol your hands will never stop moving tongue.gif but be stronngg and if ye really wanna play it then my ardas is wit juu :@ take care panji. bhul chuk muaff

Gurfateh

as i play tabla, i would say do NOT try to learn tabla on your own. i would highly highly recommend that you get a proper teacher, (not a desi one, who teaches you stuff from his book rolleyes.gif )

he's right you know... i started to play tabla by myself, and i can play to almost any shabad, but it doesn't sound as good as people who took lessons... and it never will, this could be because i taught myself the wrong way, and they say that it's harder to teach somebody who already has practiced doing it wrong, than a person who has never even touched a tabla... so i agree with papi... get a teacher and don't try it on your own... i heard of a computer tabla course, i don't know if it's credible or not, haven't heard anything from people actually using it.............

fateh

he's right you know... i started to play tabla by myself, and i can play to almost any shabad, but it doesn't sound as good as people who took lessons... and it never will, this could be because i taught myself the wrong way, and they say that it's harder to teach somebody who already has practiced doing it wrong, than a person who has never even touched a tabla... so i agree with papi... get a teacher and don't try it on your own... i heard of a computer tabla course, i don't know if it's credible or not, haven't heard anything from people actually using it.............

fateh

bingo :TH: again, no substitute for a GOOD teacher. remember there are crappy ones out there. so be careful. and good luck to you. i reckon same goes for any classical instrument grin.gif