Kirtan On The Stage?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh sangat ji!!!!

my taya ji keeps telling me off for wanting to sit on the floor @ Gurudwara's and doing kirtan facing Guru Ji!!

he says that it should be done on the stage and this a naujawan phase that is changing sikhi. but i saw this picture once, which was quite old, on the internet and all the kirtani were sitting on the floor!!

does any1 have that photo by any chance so i can prove that it is not a new thing to sikhi???

also he says that it comes from the AKJ beliefs and is changing the views of sikhi!

So.....does it matter where you sit when you do kirtan???

P.S i stated that Harminder Sahib doesn't have a stage for the raagia.....but all i got as a response to that question was that there was no room.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

One should not sit higher than the person reciting Paath or kirtan. (From SGGS on the Manji Sahib,kirtan from the stage or Gutky recital from the stage) :TH:

emphasis should be on keertan - not keertani, shouldnt it?

Surely EVERYONE should be reciting Gurbani together - keertani lead, sangat follow. When theres a rehansbhai and keertani sit WITH the sangat, its quite an amazing experience because EVERYONE joins in - they dont have their eyes fixed on how the keertani look when they are singing n so forth - the emphasis is a lot more on the Gurbani eg. Guru Granth Sahib Jee, the sttm screens or people have their eyes closed.

When they do sit on the floor, they area of the saaz is covered with a white sheet - so the keertani are raised a bit higher than the rest of the sangat. I dont quite get what the difference is between that and a stage though.

Ask him, Do they sit on stage in Sri Harmandir Sahib??????? Know Sikhi before you think its changing.
:TH: bingo, i was gonna say the same thing.

Why is SGGS not on a Mnaji Sahib at least??

Because Sri Harmandir is the Paalki for Guru Sahib.

Do you have a stage on GuruJis Manji Sahib inthis case then????????

At Harmindar Sahib, guru sahib have a manji to sit on. and EVERYONE else including the people who do keertan sit on the floor along with the sangat.

palki is meant for transporting guru sahib, prarkash should be done on a manji sahib so that the rumalae can spread nicely without folding them. and the granthi also has "easy access" that way.

palki is meant for transporting guru sahib

post-5391-1162236051.jpg

post-5391-1162236088.jpg

post-5391-1162236107.jpg

Guru Sahib isnt getting transported but is prakashed.

Sri Harmandir is a special place which all the people are considered to be in the throne and not in front of like all other Gurdwaras. The Raagis sit within the gold rails, away from the visitors. (not a stage but in this case the closest to it)