Religious Studies?

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ke fateh

sangat ji im hopefully with mahrajs kirpa gonig uni next yr and currently deciding on what course to do ... and i was wodnering does any of the sangat do religious studies in uni? ... is yeh whats it like... is it any good?

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

My brother does that. I think its biased, even though you learn about alot of others but........ He went and "learned" about sikhi (Way off) (They taught a funky way of the theory, so he asked me stuff so he could go and debunk the professor :D )

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

omg i took it as an elective before and we learned about christianity, islam and sumerians, it sucked soooo bad..but i guess it depends on ur profs, the only way i remained sane was cuz me and my frends wud sit in the bak and make fun of everything and everybody LOL.gif gud times gud times...even the prof started laffing with us one time :D ok enuff about me goofing off...it depends on what year level you're going to take as well, i remember we would analyze the bible and it all sounded so pointless my profs didnt even noe what they were teaching and they cudnt speak english..i thought it wud b really interesting but it turned out to be a total bore, but i guess it all depends on ur profs teaching so go to some prof rating website like i know canada has 'ratemyprofessor.com'

lool ok i just have to share sumthing,, there was this oolld a$$ bibi taking the class with us shes like the oldest lady in the whole institute!! like 90 years or sumthing, so we were learning about babylonian times and she wudnt stop interrupting the prof and correcting her and one time i was like "damn shes so old shes like babylonian herself" so we started calling her babylonian bibi LMAO ok yeah thats mean but im just letting u noe the gud times u might have in that class....ok i'll shut up now :@

wolverhampton uni 's religious studies covers

Year 1

Introduction to the Study of Religion

Judaism

Religions in the West Midlands

The Holocaust in an Age of Total War

Year 2

Biblical Studies

Christianity

Exploring Religious Society

Hinduism

It Shouldn't Be Allowed

Religion and Society

Religion and the Professions

Research Methods

Sikhism

The Enlightenment

Year 3

Buddhism

Islam

New Religious Movements

The Religious Landscape of Contemporary Britain

any 1 studied religion at uni here ?

omg i took it as an elective before and we learned about christianity, islam and sumerians, it sucked soooo bad..but i guess it depends on ur profs, the only way i remained sane was cuz me and my frends wud sit in the bak and make fun of everything and everybody LOL.gif gud times gud times...even the prof started laffing with us one time :D ok enuff about me goofing off...it depends on what year level you're going to take as well, i remember we would analyze the bible and it all sounded so pointless my profs didnt even noe what they were teaching and they cudnt speak english..i thought it wud b really interesting but it turned out to be a total bore, but i guess it all depends on ur profs teaching so go to some prof rating website like i know canada has 'ratemyprofessor.com'

lool ok i just have to share sumthing,, there was this oolld a$$ bibi taking the class with us shes like the oldest lady in the whole institute!! like 90 years or sumthing, so we were learning about babylonian times and she wudnt stop interrupting the prof and correcting her and one time i was like "damn shes so old shes like babylonian herself" so we started calling her babylonian bibi LMAO ok yeah thats mean but im just letting u noe the gud times u might have in that class....ok i'll shut up now :@

W T H? :@ @

Do whichever course you think you are going to exceed in homie. If you have interest in Religious Studies than take it, but remember its' a social science course, be prepared to write essays like crazy LOL <_< :@

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

W T H? :@ @

Do whichever course you think you are going to exceed in homie. If you have interest in Religious Studies than take it, but remember its' a social science course, be prepared to write essays like crazy LOL <_< :@

yeah im not uptight so i know how to have a gud time :TH:

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

A different point of view: why not take something that will help you in a career? Taking Religious studies courses may be interesting (up to a point), but few jobs I know need that kind of a degree... although it would make for an interesting arts option.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

wolverhampton uni 's religious studies covers

Year 1

Introduction to the Study of Religion

Judaism

Religions in the West Midlands

The Holocaust in an Age of Total War

Year 2

Biblical Studies

Christianity

Exploring Religious Society

Hinduism

It Shouldn't Be Allowed

Religion and Society

Religion and the Professions

Research Methods

Sikhism

The Enlightenment

Year 3

Buddhism

Islam

New Religious Movements

The Religious Landscape of Contemporary Britain

any 1 studied religion at uni here ?

my cousin is doing this course, final year now, he seems to enjoy it, he wants to do pgce and become a teacher, further study onto Masters and D.Phil would also be beneficial in such a subject! if you would like to discuss anything with him please pm me! :D