Sikhism Getting To Peoples Head

Hardeep__singh

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I went to Gurdwara yesterday as part of my Networking class, came down and this Bibi goes "Mundyo, lanagar kha khe jayo"

Well since this guys taken amrit, I think hankar has taken over him, I done nothing wrong to him, nor does he say fateh or salute, anyway, He brings over some sabji, and I say no i wont have that, thanx, the other two boys had it, next he doesnt even come over to me with the dhal or the roti, so i was left without the langar, so this Bibi comes over says "aint you eating" I said he didnt serve me, I felt so low, I was denied Guru dha langar! Finally I got the dhal, so I just had little bit of it.........

This guy, even if i am stood with my fellow sikhs, he never says hi to people who are not fully blown sikhs, aint we supposed to be treated equal.......in this way I am thinking not going to gurdwara! no.gif

For one that guy is an <banned word filter activated>. Two, he is trying to discourage you from being a true Sikh. Thats his way of bullying someone because he is a greedy coward. I was denied Langar about 6 months ago and I still ate what they gave me (I was discriminated while served) ((Since I was a white GurSikh a guy got all buttthurt and jealous) I just understood that the guy who did that is not a Sikh and no matter what way of worship he does, it will be of no avail. I cant go to his level or then he would have got his greedy way. Another time as I was walking into the Langar hall during the week and they quickly removed and quickly threw away all the food so I couldnt eat. Since this happened I was going to have to wait for "a few hours" in order to eat a couple rotis and a little sabhji and some water? I just sat in the Langar hall reading Gurbani from a Gutka. Since Waheguru does everything I guess I was more hungry for Gurbani than food so I accepted what they did as Gods will. Sarbat da bhalla Remember you cant hate the guy because you would also be unintentionally hating God.

SatNam

I went to Gurdwara yesterday as part of my Networking class, came down and this Bibi goes "Mundyo, lanagar kha khe jayo"

Well since this guys taken amrit, I think hankar has taken over him, I done nothing wrong to him, nor does he say fateh or salute, anyway, He brings over some sabji, and I say no i wont have that, thanx, the other two boys had it, next he doesnt even come over to me with the dhal or the roti, so i was left without the langar, so this Bibi comes over says "aint you eating" I said he didnt serve me, I felt so low, I was denied Guru dha langar! Finally I got the dhal, so I just had little bit of it.........

This guy, even if i am stood with my fellow sikhs, he never says hi to people who are not fully blown sikhs, aint we supposed to be treated equal.......in this way I am thinking not going to gurdwara! no.gif

For one that guy is an <banned word filter activated>. Two, he is trying to discourage you from being a true Sikh. Thats his way of bullying someone because he is a greedy coward. I was denied Langar about 6 months ago and I still ate what they gave me (I was discriminated while served) ((Since I was a white GurSikh a guy got all buttthurt and jealous) I just understood that the guy who did that is not a Sikh and no matter what way of worship he does, it will be of no avail. I cant go to his level or then he would have got his greedy way. Another time as I was walking into the Langar hall during the week and they quickly removed and quickly threw away all the food so I couldnt eat. Since this happened I was going to have to wait for "a few hours" in order to eat a couple rotis and a little sabhji and some water? I just sat in the Langar hall reading Gurbani from a Gutka. Since Waheguru does everything I guess I was more hungry for Gurbani than food so I accepted what they did as Gods will. Sarbat da bhalla Remember you cant hate the guy because you would also be unintentionally hating God.

SatNam

Sorry to hear about that Veer ji, they are "idiots" they are no sikhs, they are cowards like you said, Your a sikh full stop! Well we are all discriminated against! I hope these people know what they do!

May Waheguru put them in the right path and serve all without discrimination. Guru ka Langar is for all no matter what race, type of person you are. At the end of the day, your a khalsa, not a white Sikh or a brown Sikh or a black Sikh, Your a Sikh just like any of us, even more so than me, i am no where near your status and I still got discriminated against.

When I was denied Guru ji ka Langar, I just went through the stories of Guru Nanak Dev ji saying all who come to langar are to be treated equally and I just felt sorrows in my mind.

let him do what he wants, you do what you gotta do at gurudwara. dont take it to heart

koit krm krY hau Dwry ]

kott karam karai ho dhhaarae ||

If someone does millions of good deeds, while acting in ego,

sRmu pwvY sgly ibrQwry ]

sram paavai sagalae birathhaarae ||

he shall incur only trouble; all this is in vain.

Aink qpisAw kry AhMkwr ]

anik thapasiaa karae aha(n)kaar ||

If someone performs great penance, while acting in selfishness and conceit,

nrk surg iPir iPir Avqwr ]

narak surag fir fir avathaar ||

he shall be reincarnated into heaven and hell, over and over again.

Aink jqn kir Awqm nhI dRvY ]

anik jathan kar aatham nehee dhravai ||

He makes all sorts of efforts, but his soul is still not softened

hir drgh khu kYsy gvY ]

har dharageh kahu kaisae gavai ||

how can he go to the Court of the Lord?

Awps kau jo Blw khwvY ]

aapas ko jo bhalaa kehaavai ||

One who calls himself good

iqsih BlweI inkit n AwvY ]

thisehi bhalaaee nikatt n aavai ||

goodness shall not draw near him.

srb kI ryn jw kw mnu hoie ]

sarab kee raen jaa kaa man hoe ||

One whose mind is the dust of all

khu nwnk qw kI inrml soie ]3]

kahu naanak thaa kee niramal soe ||3||

- says Nanak, his reputation is spotlessly pure. ||3||

i think none must be thankful if someone looks down upon them. brings the ego down, makes u realize the truth, ie. i am nothing.

and this is the reason why bhagat farid ji says

PrIdw jo qY mwrin mukIAW iqn@w n mwry GuMim ]

fareedhaa jo thai maaran mukeeaaa(n) thinhaa n maarae ghu(n)m ||

Fareed, do not turn around and strike those who strike you with their fists.

AwpnVY Gir jweIAY pYr iqn@w dy cuMim ]7]

aapanarrai ghar jaaeeai pair thinhaa dhae chu(n)m ||7||

Kiss their feet, and return to your own home. ||7||

here he is talking about not the physical beating buh mental beating, whereby someone "insults" you verbally. he says i would kiss their feet, as due to the rude remark i become humble.

bhul chuk maaf. guru kirpa karey