Urmm ...help?

Guest _someone_

Guest _someone_

fatehji

i work in this place.....and normally about a week or so they have have some groups coming to do a talk on sexually transmitted diseases....now, i realllllyyy feel very uncomfortable and it doesnt apply to me......so i dont know what to do...tell the tutor that i do not want ot participate in this group activtiy/ talk .....theres a chance of people thinking im a snob or something....alot of goreh in the classroom.....but i reallly dont feel comfprtable i feel like crying/screaming!!! :D ......is that just me being immature?

sorry to start of this kind of topic but hope i could get some views?

fatehji

Guest no-one :)

i think it's always good to be educated about this stuff, even if it doesn't directly apply to you. you never know, your knowledge might one day save someone else, or help them.

personally i've never had any problems talking about this kind of stuff to the rest of my peers and colleagues. but i do know people who have severe problems with it being mentioned. in my experience it got to a stage where 17/18 yr old sikh youth didn't know where kids came from, and i had to tell them.

thesedays there are so many diseases which need to be highlighted and sorted out... i think it's always good to have an open discussion about them. being a singhni has never stopped me, and it's let me teach other people who aren't comfortable about it being discussed in schools/colleges.

i don't think it's you being immature, because i know a lot of people with the same problem. i think it's our culture which has this stuff hushed up, even if it's purely educational.

jus some thoughts - perhaps someone else could advise on what to do in your situation.

normally .. u can talk to ur employer about this kinda stuff.. if u dun feel comfortable about something usually they tell everyone to approach them if this is the case.. like something that goes against ur beliefs etx.. but this is a personal thing .. all we can say its good to sit through it cuz its a educational experience (which would be my response too) but if u reli cant .. u should talk to ur employer and im sure something can be reached ..

If you are getting paid for it to learn why not man, Its' always good to be a well rounded person and have knowledge about everything.

Now, if you don't feel comfortable, just like my homie Jaspaul said talk to you employer and something can be done. You have every right to tell him/her your concerns or worries about the job and/or the environment surronding it! :TH:

GOOOOOOOD LUCKKKKKKKKKKK!