Fed Up Of Halaal Meat ?

Sukvinder

Guest s133k_s1kh

How many of those who do choose to eat meat follow this rule strictly?

FATEH !!

The Sikh friends i have and those who don't follow SIKHI strictly (just like you) eat anything..they don't bother if its halal or jhatka...meat is meat for them.

if you really wanna eat meat..u should get u'r favorite animal at home..and then perform Jhatka..may be then u'll realise how much pain it inflicts on the animal.. i guess thats the best option veerji :TH: go for it.

Grilled Jhatka Burgers ( SINGH STYLE ) :D

watch that video, if that dont melt ur heart then whats the point of being a human.

ps. saying that halal meat is bad because it hurts the animal with slow killing is stupid. are you saying that killing someone with one blow doesnt hurt?

papi veera,

i don't know if that's directed to me... frankly i don't condone meat eating, but i'm also not gonna pretend that sgpc maryada doesn't talk about it... i think alotta people misguide themselves cuz they hide behind "sgpc only says don't eat halal" but from what i interpret, it's also "don't eat halal, and only eat jhatka"...

i figure, if you want people to stop eating meat..tell them they should abide by maryada and make sure the animal they're eating is jhatka'd... and not tortured to the death.... if nothing else, upon doing the first-hand research of the plight of animals who are in slaughterhouses and stuff, they'll either change their mind, or, they'll actually start following the maryada, and kill their own animals, and directly have that karam on their heads...

i don't hate on anyone who eats meat, but if you're gonna use maryada as the reason to be allowed, then i think the jhatka aspect should be looked at...

if your post wasn't directed to me, then my apologies.

it wasnt directed towards anyone. i was just making a general comment on the topic.

i just dont agree with the whole thing where they say jhatka meat is ok and halal is not. meat is meat, you are still killing another being who walks n talks n listens. has a soul.

ps. i dont hate people who eat meat.

yeah they even got halal housing these days... where toilets face AWAY from mecca...asda hav their own halal section..... hmmm yeah we just gta make sure the muslims are happy and comfortable and not discriminated against in this world...ok im sorry im jus annoyed frm reading that stupid dumb site highlighted in the gupt section..arghhhhh

The thing is when Muslims took over India. They banned eating jhatka and stuff. Brahmans accepted the slavery and either stopped eating meat or ate halal. Eg. Chuankay Uppar Kday Na Jana ... Kutha Bukra Khana.

Khalsa doesn't accept no slavery so we don't eat halal. Another reason is they read kalma on it. Again, religious slavery. Khalsa doesn't accept it either. Another point is that the animal suffers a lot. Everything is going to die but killing slowly is not right.

Gurbani says:

ਸਿੰਘ ਰੁਚੈ ਸਦ ਭੋਜਨੁ ਮਾਸ ॥

सिंघ रुचै सद भोजनु मास ॥

singh ruchai sad bhojan maas.

Singh always wants to eat meat.

Guest s133k_s1kh
The thing is when Muslims took over India. They banned eating jhatka and stuff. Brahmans accepted the slavery and either stopped eating meat or ate halal. Eg. Chuankay Uppar Kday Na Jana ... Kutha Bukra Khana.

Khalsa doesn't accept no slavery so we don't eat halal. Another reason is they read kalma on it. Again, religious slavery. Khalsa doesn't accept it either. Another point is that the animal suffers a lot. Everything is going to die but killing slowly is not right.

Gurbani says:

ਸਿੰਘ ਰੁਚੈ ਸਦ ਭੋਜਨੁ ਮਾਸ ॥

सिंघ रुचै सद भोजनु मास ॥

singh ruchai sad bhojan maas.

Singh always wants to eat meat.

FATEH !!

Khalsa fauj veer you have done wrong translation here...and instead of posting a tukk..you should have posted the whole shabd.. This tukk has nothing to do with a SINGH eating meat. Singh here stands for Tiger..here is the shabd for u.

bsMqu mhlw 5 ]

basa(n)th mehalaa 5 ||

Basant, Fifth Mehla:

htvwxI Dn mwl hwtu kIqu ]

hattavaanee dhhan maal haatt keeth ||

The shopkeeper deals in merchandise for profit.

jUAwrI jUey mwih cIqu ]

jooaaree jooeae maahi cheeth ||

The gambler's consciousness is focused on gambling.

AmlI jIvY Amlu Kwie ]

amalee jeevai amal khaae ||

The opium addict lives by consuming opium.

iqau hir jnu jIvY hir iDAwie ]1]

thio har jan jeevai har dhhiaae ||1||

In the same way, the humble servant of the Lord lives by meditating on the Lord. ||1||

ApnY rMig sBu ko rcY ]

apanai ra(n)g sabh ko rachai ||

Everyone is absorbed in his own pleasures.

ijqu pRiB lwieAw iqqu iqqu lgY ]1] rhwau ]

jith prabh laaeiaa thith thith lagai ||1|| rehaao ||

He is attached to whatever God attaches him to. ||1||Pause||

myG smY mor inriqkwr ]

maegh samai mor nirathikaar ||

When the clouds and the rain come, the peacocks dance.

cMd dyiK ibgsih kaulwr ]

cha(n)dh dhaekh bigasehi koulaar ||

Seeing the moon, the lotus blossoms.

mwqw bwirk dyiK Anµd ]

maathaa baarik dhaekh ana(n)dh ||

When the mother sees her infant, she is happy.

iqau hir jn jIvih jip goibMd ]2]

thio har jan jeevehi jap gobi(n)dh ||2||

In the same way, the humble servant of the Lord lives by meditating on the Lord of the Universe. ||2||

isMG rucY sd Bojnu mws ]

si(n)gh ruchai sadh bhojan maas ||

The tiger always wants to eat meat.

rxu dyiK sUry icq aulws ]

ran dhaekh soorae chith oulaas ||

Gazing upon the battlefield, the warrior's mind is exalted.

ikrpn kau Aiq Dn ipAwru ]

kirapan ko ath dhhan piaar ||

The miser is totally in love with his wealth.

hir jn kau hir hir AwDwru ]3]

har jan ko har har aadhhaar ||3||

The humble servant of the Lord leans on the Support of the Lord, Har, Har. ||3||

srb rMg iek rMg mwih ]

sarab ra(n)g eik ra(n)g maahi ||

All love is contained in the Love of the One Lord.

srb suKw suK hir kY nwie ]

sarab sukhaa sukh har kai naae ||

All comforts are contained in the Comfort of the Lord's Name.

iqsih prwpiq iehu inDwnu ]

thisehi paraapath eihu nidhhaan ||

He alone receives this treasure,

nwnk guru ijsu kry dwnu ]4]2]

naanak gur jis karae dhaan ||4||2||

O Nanak, unto whom the Guru gives His gift. ||4||2||

Another point is that the animal suffers a lot. Everything is going to die but killing slowly is not right.
sleek sikh has adressed the bani issue.

yes everything is going to die, buh how can i take a life when i can't give life.

Daas doesn't want to delve into the meat debate (its BORING! lol.).

Rather than "HALAAL MEAT" perhaps we should re-focus to look at "HALAAL FOOD".

A few months ago Daas bought some ACHAAR (that's "pickle"). When I got home I read the label and it said "HALAAL". I was shocked, "How can MANGO ACHAAR be HALAAL?" Daas didn't eat it out of principle.

Similarly at a Gurmat Camp Daas was talking to another Gursikh who said that VEGETARIAN products are being LABELLED as HALAAL. More and more food manufacturing is going to Muslims who are labelling everything as Halaal. Why? What next? Will an apple have a label saying "HALAAL"? One reason I see this move towards Halaal is a form of "WOLD DOMINANCE" and dominating over non-Muslims (the Kafir).

The vichaar at the Gurmat Camp was that even if VEGETARIAN FOOD is LABELLED as HALAAL - one should NOT eat that food, just as one would not eat Halaal meat under no circumstance (regardless of Rehit interpretation or stance). Halaal equals GULAAMEE (slavery). A Sikh is free and will never be enslaved. The concept of imposing Halaal is psychological and social enslavement.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

There is nuffin controversial here... it's beenmade controversial by our so called scholars. We are banned to eat kuttha which is any form of meat not 'abhakhya da kuttha' which is of religious type ...termed as kosher or halal (which actually it isn't)

http://akj.org/skins/default/books.php?ch=...d=3&start=4