Amritvela

a few tips on getting up at amrit vela:

1. Drink loads of water before bed, that way you will have to go for a leak defo in the night

2. Ask ur mates and sangat to fone each other at about 4ish, that wall you all get up, trust me it works

3. Also a positive attitude towards amrit vela is always good, if you dont know the true meaning of amrit vela, then your mind will never have the thirst. So researching into amrit vela is always good. ( I heard from Baba Maan Singh, that an american scientist researched and said amrit vela cures cancer or stops it developing!)

4. Last and most important.. Ardaas. This is the best way to train your mind up.

Hope this helps sangat ji, I myself dont get up at amrit vela, and I would also like to start...but like many of us, we cant control our mind!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
a few tips on getting up at amrit vela:

1. Drink loads of water before bed, that way you will have to go for a leak defo in the night

2. Ask ur mates and sangat to fone each other at about 4ish, that wall you all get up, trust me it works

3. Also a positive attitude towards amrit vela is always good, if you dont know the true meaning of amrit vela, then your mind will never have the thirst. So researching into amrit vela is always good. ( I heard from Baba Maan Singh, that an american scientist researched and said amrit vela cures cancer or stops it developing!)

4. Last and most important.. Ardaas. This is the best way to train your mind up.

Hope this helps sangat ji, I myself dont get up at amrit vela, and I would also like to start...but like many of us, we cant control our mind!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

:lol: 1 more tip, read frm another forum,

Tape a sign to your forhead/in front of your bed saying

(your name) Singh/Kaur, TODAY IS YOUR LAST DAY (po

ssibly). Guru jee is waiting for you

at the amritvela-school and you can't miss any nitnem/abhyaas classes otherwise you'll

fail your death-exam

• 2 weeks later...
COOOL!! Now can someone please call me everymorning to wake me up for amritvela plzzz????? My doggy has given up doing this seva cuz i can NEVER get out of bed. :wub:
2. Your concentration is MUCH better at amritvela (no distractions)

I have more concentration between the hours of 9pm to 3am, me night person, btwn this time is my day time! :lol:

I am no where close to being a sikh :)

:) mooorkhs like me need a alarmclock da sizze of big benin london man....... blush.gif   rolleyes.gif funy how we all say we r sikhs of guru ji wen ders all dese things...........an its for da ppl hu say dey r"gur satgur ka jo sikh akavaaa....."

bhuk chuk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I try to wake up at amritvela and do paath but i havent gotten up lately, i did it for about a week but i only did Japji sabih n  half of Jaap sahib, i hav trubble pronouncing some of the words.

WJKK WJKF!!!

^_^  hmm should startt and stop being lazy :(

WJKK WJKF!!!

Can everybdy share what exactly they do in amritvela and for how long.Like the sequence of baniz, naam simran and listeing to gurbani or reading SGGS ji.Also, do they eat during amritvela or before that.Do they take cold shower or not.

I guess this will be really useful for starters.What do u guyz think???

Thanx for sharing the great experience of your frnd Gurjeet ji. Can anbdy write about the amritvelas of the great sikh saints or kathawachaks. Or some real motivating conversations with great mahapurakhs for us to learn.

THNX

vaaaheguroo jee ka khaaalsaaaa vaaaheguroo jee kee fatehhhhhh!!!!!

how is everyone's amritvela going?

this is something that desperately needs to be emphasized more

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive nerver gotten up on amritvela before, on new years day i stayed up and then had a shower etc: and at 12 i was reciting jap ji sahib , and i did this again that same week. It realy is inspiring

but i cant wake up at 6 let alone 3 i can set my mind to it, but when it comes i juts cant get out! but then i feel so ashamed with myself. Its because i dnt want to wake up ne1 n then if i do path n stff i wake up my mum, i have to have the lights on n then i do naam simran so im waking up evry1!

what shal i do !!! grin.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

^_^

• 4 weeks later...

WGJKK

WGJKF

Sangtoo, Getting up in morning at Amritvele is a struggle and those who do hard work get whatever they want. Same thing about attaining spiritual satisfaction by praying at AMRITVELE is we have to fight within and have to decide what is important in life and work on it sincerely and let me tell you its not easy as many of us know that. In gurbani it says only those wake up and recite Waheguru's name who haveWaheguru's kirpa. If Waheguru wants us to recite and pray in amritvele than we have to seek waheguru's kirpa.

Satnam Waheguroo, Satnam Waheguroo...