• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno if u r talking bout sampath akhand path

when i first came across sampath akhand path i was shocked too

to my understanding

lets say i wanna do japji sahib sampath

so after every the shabad completes the pathi will read japji sahib

once japji sahib is completed the pathi recites the next shabad as in mahalla etc

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

GNNSJ Gurudwara on soho road Birmingham hold Sampath Paths every winter and summer for 11 days praying for world peace. You should come along this winter and join in, thats if your from the UK. Its a wicked experience iv been going to them for many many years know and worth going to. A shabad is taken and what happens is the Guru Granth Sahib Ji is read and in between each line the shabad is recited. Anyone who never have been to a Sampath Path before in UK at GNNSJ you should all come its brilliant 11 days prayer all the sadh sangat coming together is really nice. For the upcoming Sampath Path in winter 06 details can be given for anyone wants to come so don't feel afraid to ask.

Bhul Chuk Maaf, if i said anything wrong.

Aman Kaur Jeeo,may I ask which of our Guru Sahiban started sampat paath??

Where does the Akal Takht Rehat Maryada state to do sampat paath?

The answer is nowhere and you will not find any reference at all in Sikh History. This is a design of babas and deras sants,similar to what;s been happenning for centuries in the hindu religion where the brahmins practice sampat of geeta etc. the dera vale have taken this practice on to SGGS. I have nothing against it they can carry on doing it but what I don't understand is where does it say from our Sikh history to do this??

What is the point of reading Bani like that if it is not to be followed? Forget about the listeners, what is the jeevan of those paathis? It is not how much bani you read but how much bani you read and understand and apply to daily life. Most of the Akhand Paath paathis ask for shraab after Akhaand Paaths. If you guys don't belive me, go to Punjab and see.

http://www.ggsacademy.com/

Just read the main page. That is all.

sum of Sant Samparda do this sampat path , but the intresting thing is every samparda have its own maryada for sampat path, Nankasar samparda ,radda sahib samarda or ratwada sahib samparda everyone have its own marayada. like every one read sum particular bani or shabad after completin one raag but every samparda read different shabad in sampat path

What is the point of reading Bani like that if it is not to be followed? Forget about the listeners, what is the jeevan of those paathis? It is not how much bani you read but how much bani you read and understand and apply to daily life. Most of the Akhand Paath paathis ask for shraab after Akhaand Paaths. If you guys don't belive me, go to Punjab and see.

so then by your definition if we cant walk the path, we should stop talking about the path eh? wicked logic there bro rolleyes.gif reading bani is every sikh's duty. and one shouldn't worry about trying to follow it, just read, just recite. guru will make me follow the path, i wouldn't last a day on the path by myself.

sum of Sant Samparda do this sampat path , but the intresting thing is every samparda have its own maryada for sampat path, Nankasar samparda ,radda sahib samarda or ratwada sahib samparda everyone have its own marayada. like every one read sum particular bani or shabad after completin one raag but every samparda read different shabad in sampat path
the point is, pick a shabad n recite that :TH:

I didn't say that. My message was for those people who read bani on the top but smuggle drugs at night. Read bani all day but the thought is in the money. Ever heard of Guru Nanak Sakhi about nimaaz?

Reading will get you nothing if you don't understand. If reading is all you need then why do you post aarth of tuks in your posts? Or you just wanted to take a slap shot?

Bani also tells not to blame the Guru if the chela doesn't listen. So can't blame Guru for not following. Everyone has enough ability to follow rehat, only thing needed is the understanding and strength. You get strenth by understanding Gurbani. Not by just reciting. Reciting is the 2nd part which comes after understanding. So before, reciting, understand.

Before taking your shot, did you look at the Gurbani shabad that was linked?

Sampat paaths, etc. etc. is all brahmanee maryada, that is why they aren't even mentioned in Panthic maryada.