Delhi - A Novel

$ingh $oorma

Hi,

I am a fan of Khuswant Singh, but am not writing this topic to prevtn crticism he getting. I'm writing this so i can think, you can think and we all can think. HIs recent novel, Delhi was crticized by some organization called Shahbaaz Khalsa. I just red it at Panthic heres what they wrote:-

Amritsar Sahib (KP) - Panthic Jathebandi Shahbaaz Khalsa, in a press note, called for ban on the controversial anti-Sikh writer Kushwant Sinh’s latest novel “Delhi”. Shahbaaz Khalsa leaders stated that the book was offensive to the Sikhs and contained insulting language against Shaheed Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale.

Kushwant who has called, Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale an “evil man” and a terrorist, has been much promoted in the Indian press for his distasteful and gaudy writing style. His latest novel “Delhi” centers around a Sikh guide who is involved in immoral relationships with other characters including a transgendered prostitute. The book has been described as the type of filth one can expect from a degenerate such as Kushwant Sinh. In the book, Kushwant ridicules Sant Bhinderanwale by referring to him as a “pagal” (insane) and a “chooha” (mouse).

Shahbaaz Khalsa sharply criticized the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) for recently honoring the author of this book at one of their official functions. They also condemned those who have collecting large sums of wealth under Shaheed Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderanwale’s name, and stated they are silent about this books, because they are busy expanding their private deras.

The organization demanded Sri Akal Takht Sahib to demand a ban on this offensive publication and have the SGPC retract the award given to Kushwant. The press statement was released by Bhai Sukhmander Singh Karmuwala, Kulwinderjit Singh Khanpur, Jaswinder Singh Kapurthala, Gurdip Singh, and Pritpal Singh of Ludhiana.

And these are excerpts:-

2902_Delhi393.jpg

2902_Delhi395.jpg

I personally red almost all books and novels by him and found nothing wrong, he says whats true, without polishing it. He writes open minded and leaves his readers to conclude. Do you think this is wrong what he wrote, a typical human who believes in "Equality for Everyone" would happen to say YES, What do you say?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can u say that what Kushwant write is true .. he call Sant ji mad .. He is sayin singh with santh ji was badmash.. do u think they were .. if u think so then i m sorry to say but u dont have respect for Shaheed .. They give thier life for Sikhi .. If Sant Ji Was mad and singh was Gunde then what was nirankari .. hero ?

Fighting for sikhi . Fighting for our hakk is bandmashi .. Guru Gobind singh Ji fight againsy zulam .. and they also teach us to fight for our hakk they teach us to be sant and sipahi ... you talking about Equality for Everyone... but where the hell is Equality.. They cut our Punjab in parts .. First East punjab then himachal then harayana .. why ???? they will answer it was need coz different people Diff. culture . Diff language . so it was need .. now tell me dear bro wher is Equality for Everyone.. is this Equality is for Hinduz only .. C.M. Of harayana said that Punjab have to find its new capital coz chandigarh is of haryana .. New Sign of equality .. Nirankari came to punjab, insult our Gurus and when Singh Like Fauja singh ji go there for protest they kill our Singhs .. i think according to Kushwant These shaheed were also fool .. rite ..

Plz veer ji stop talkin about open minded, On the name of this open mindness he is insulting our shaheed, isulting our proud history .. sitiing on a chair and writing a book ..anyone can do this .. but figtin for our hakk. leaving families .. sleepless nights .. its not a easy task .. If Fightin for sikhi is Baggi then every true sikh of Dasam patshah is bagi ..who ever fight for his hak is bagi but veer listen and remember

Bagi Naam sadda Baagi Jaat Saddi

Sadda bagiyan Naal Vihar loko

Guru Gobind Bagi nalua Veer Baagi

Sada Bagi aa Panth Parvaar lokko

udham singh Bagi Bhagat Singh Bagi

Sada Bagi si Sarabha Kartar loko

assi bagi jan badshah khalsa ji

hunn Bagiyan ton kambuu sarkar loko

But he still writes truth, remember, i believe that sikhs live in past and they do. The times for when a head was was given for head, the time changed its not the head for head time. Its time to do things "humanly" as we're supposed to in this times. And kiling people, head for head is called GUNDAGARDI in these times. Its not that i'm saying sant ji were gunde, i'm saying what sikhs did after sant ji went to sach khand was wrong.. and i call that was gundagardi..

Khushwant Singh wrote that Sikhs could've made Indra appologize, step down from PM position and a lot others but killing her, WAS NO BRAVERY. She was shot, an alone women was shot. If she decieved us then didn't we decive her also...

Veero Think!!, I'm not here tyying to point that Sant Ji were gunde, But am freely saying what people did after Sant Ji was gundagardi...

hey, look , sikhs r respectable people, sikhs r confectionae people, sikhs r forgiving people but indira gandhi has done such an act that sikhs cannot behave peacefully with her. i think he got exactly what he deserves. if u think sikhs r gundas, then what will u say to those hindus who killed thousands of sikhs and that police force that allowed hindus to do so. so, they r even more than gundaas. why don't this bloody fool "KHUSHWANT SINGH" writes about them then. :T: :e: :nihungsmile:

But he still writes truth, remember, i believe that sikhs live in past and they do. The times for when a head was was given for head, the time changed its not the head for head time. Its time to do things "humanly" as we're supposed to in this times. And kiling people, head for head is called GUNDAGARDI in these times. Its not that i'm saying sant ji were gunde, i'm saying what sikhs did after sant ji went to sach khand was wrong.. and i call that was gundagardi..

Khushwant Singh wrote that Sikhs could've made Indra appologize, step down from PM position and a lot others but killing her, WAS NO BRAVERY. She was shot, an alone women was shot. If she decieved us then didn't we decive her also...

Veero Think!!, I'm not here tyying to point that Sant Ji were gunde, But am freely saying what people did after Sant Ji was gundagardi...

$ingh $oorma, I don’t understand how Khushwant writes the truth? I don’t think Sikhs live in the past Sikhs were more advanced and had forward thinking 500 years ago and still is thanks to our Guru’s teaching. And I disagree with you on saying that this is not the time for head for head but do things humanly. I don’t think u know the Sikhs or the Sikh history. Here’s something Guru have taught us. Chu Kaar Ajj Haman Heeltae Darr Gujest, Hallal Astt Burdann Ba Shamsheer Dast (When all peaceful means are exhausted it is righteous to pick up the sword. Killing Indera was no in any sense gundagardi. How many innocent hindus did the Sikhs kill after the attack on Harminder Sahib? NONE

Now haw many innocent Sikhs were killed after assisination of Indera Gandhi? Over 4,000

Now you tell me who did gundagardi??

Rabb Rakha

Bagi Naam sadda Baagi Jaat Saddi

Sadda bagiyan Naal Vihar loko

Guru Gobind Bagi nalua Veer Baagi

Sada Bagi aa Panth Parvaar lokko

udham singh Bagi Bhagat Singh Bagi

Sada Bagi si Sarabha Kartar loko

assi bagi jan badshah khalsa ji

hunn Bagiyan ton kambuu sarkar loko

waheguru...

singh soorma jio he call sant ji a mouse..haha what a funny joke it is.

...what a stupid person K.S is. dude sant ji is mouse thatz why the whole inidan gov was afraid of him. they send tanks to kill him. and he is saying that we did gundagadi...no they did that. they kill our brothers, rape our sisters....what was all that. veer ji i think u are limited to only kushwant singh.