Delhi - A Novel

$ingh $oorma

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrite heard enuff of u'r <admin-profanity filter activated>..do whatever you feel like doing :TH: ..

You think it was <admin-cut> then why did you take part in it?? Remember people who are bad see everything is bad..

man i never said i would kill. would you stop with the kiling stuff. emi rolleyes.gif

i'm done here man, enough arguing, wasting my time

"What a Man, Who Changes his Words."

I thought you did learn something, but still nothing went in you, i hope if not me someone else will be able to ..

In order to kill a mouse, (she) distroyed the whole house.

which if you're a little educated and able to think outside the box, means to distroy someone less powerful. In this sentence K.Singh meant that Indra, being PM of India, a lady in power, more power then Sant Ji, she distroyed the whole Harmandir Sahib Complex to bring Sant Ji to "shaheedi". Its a world famous very old "Idiom" from Alexander's time...

I would close this thread by advising every member of SikhSangat to grow-up, think before you 'pop', otherwise just keep you mouth shut, and yes think outside of the box, especially..

You're being naive if you think Khuswant Singh used the mouse idiom without malice intentions.

Using such idioms for Santji is insulting to any Sikh. Besides, he's called Santji other names before, and also in this novel, so don't think it's just an innocent idiom.

It's easy to preach peace and diplomacy sitting in ivory towers. You have not understood the gravity of presecution Sikhs have had to suffer.

In order to kill a mouse, (she) distroyed the whole house.

which if you're a little educated and able to think outside the box, means to distroy someone less powerful. In this sentence K.Singh meant that Indra, being PM of India, a lady in power, more power then Sant Ji, she distroyed the whole Harmandir Sahib Complex to bring Sant Ji to "shaheedi". Its a world famous very old "Idiom" from Alexander's time...

I would close this thread by advising every member of SikhSangat to grow-up, think before you 'pop', otherwise just keep you mouth shut, and yes think outside of the box, especially..

You're being naive if you think Khuswant Singh used the mouse idiom without malice intentions.

Using such idioms for Santji is insulting to any Sikh. Besides, he's called Santji other names before, and also in this novel, so don't think it's just an innocent idiom.

It's easy to preach peace and diplomacy sitting in ivory towers. You have not understood the gravity of presecution Sikhs have had to suffer.

Here we go again.. (not really) just read the topic again, and again, and again, until you get something out of it...

The above quoted sentence tells me you didn't read the whole thread and just wanted to stuck your leg in.. That line about ivory tower was written without thinking, as it came from mind, without thoughts, with the flow of anger..

If i want to i can continue, but am a sikh (Its just that line is so stupid to say in this thread), and hope you think before you write, i hope you learn about consequences or in other terms a possible reply, before you say or write something.. May waheguru grant you naam..

Fateh!!

I know but the soldier part is not that if one kills you should "kill" him/her also. You can kill your enemy in many ways, you can be a soldier in many ways it just doen't has to be the one with gun...

A soldier is a soldier, you can kill your enemy using the above listed four ally's also..

And if you know the tuk, present it... or just mention the translation or any hints...

Killing Enemy in Sikh doesn't means KILL HIM/HER. It means kill their ego for you, etc.. Its us who take things literally that Killing Enemy means shoot him/her... :D

Kill their ego for you??

Thanks for showing us the light mate, I can't believe us Singhs were lost all along.

I know but the soldier part is not that if one kills you should "kill" him/her also. You can kill your enemy in many ways, you can be a soldier in many ways it just doen't has to be the one with gun...

A soldier is a soldier, you can kill your enemy using the above listed four ally's also..

And if you know the tuk, present it... or just mention the translation or any hints...

Killing Enemy in Sikh doesn't means KILL HIM/HER. It means kill their ego for you, etc.. Its us who take things literally that Killing Enemy means shoot him/her... :D

Kill their ego for you??

Thanks for showing us the light mate, I can't believe us Singhs were lost all along.

A good one... should we list it in Joke of the Day... grin.gif

Guest s133k_s1kh
answer me this bro .. if "forgiving" is ur way of life.. why did our gurus raise the sword and punished those that were doing injustice..

i DONT think i need to give you examples!

dhan dhan sri guru hargobind saahib ji .. miri-piri de maalak! d_oh.gif

Jaspaul veer you dont make anysense tongue.gif .. they shoudln't have raised their swords..they should have instead looked for ways to kill egos rolleyes.gif .

answer me this bro .. if "forgiving" is ur way of life.. why did our gurus raise the sword and punished those that were doing injustice..

i DONT think i need to give you examples!

dhan dhan sri guru hargobind saahib ji .. miri-piri de maalak! d_oh.gif

Time changes, guru ji's times were different and so are ours. If kirpan is the only answer then its been years howmany i think 90-100yrs and thousands of sikhs have been killed, betrayed, why don't we all get together and kill everyone who hates us or whos "Anti-Sikh"... sounds good... Why go to school when we can do anything using kirpan, why go to work when kirpan will serve as a way for money, why??

Just remember we are Sikhs, its our job to learn not to stick with the past, thats why we are called sikhs, the learners. If after all these killings, we haven't learned anything then when will we... If not now then we will never.

Whatever you say, but heres what i wanted to say before, "When all means fail, Its righteous to pickup the sword."

Heres my answer to that as a sikh, all means never fail, its the you who fails, if you fail once try again, and again, and again, but never giveup, trying will eventually pay off... Suppose you wanted to get education but you failed its not educations fault that you failed its yours.. and you should try better next time, if not then sit home in shame... that also sounds good... or just get kirpan or gun walk to the teacher and tell her/him to pass you all the times.. this actually sounds better..

Now concluding, We need to rise above the theory of kirpan. We need to control all four ally's:- Academics, Society, Poltics, & Economy. That was past, now its present, learn how to live in present and carve your and the panths furture instead of making it revolve it around what happened.

Its our choice now... Past or Present??