Should I Go To The Prom?

You'll regret not going! Most people do! Prom is good cos you can watch people including teachers make a fool of themselves! and then there is Award Cermonies! I got the "APU AWARD" lol and its probably the last time your gonna see all your peers together! One Night is not gonna do no harm.

I had a Secondary School and Sixth Form one and they were highly enjoyable! Cant wait for Graduation Ball! One Last hurdle!

I know who this person is, its my best m8 Rajan. Im head boy and organising the prom at our skool. U all know im into Sikhi im only going cus some m8s are, and afta all im organising it.

I really want you to go Rajan.

HUH!??!?! THAT'S NOT ME! THIS IS ME! 'Rajan Singh', thats some next bhaji or bhenji that has a wicked view!

'japo taa eko naamaa - VAAHEGUROO' i suggest you do what u think is best, but it is literally wrong according to guroo jee, he doesn't say directly that 'u shudnt go to a prom' but he does basicaly speak of things that distracts u! MAYA! an the music's gna be pumpin' in ur ears an ur gna go crazy an start dancin on the floor an ur gna get on a high from the smell of the meat... haha LOL.gif jus jokin! jus had an urge to say that.

Sorry about that!

VJKK VJKF!

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh

there is a prom going to happen next year and my friends want me to go, but it's £20.00!! and that is to pay for the DJ music, food, chocolate fountain, security guard and the room hire. But i dont want to hear the DJ givin out crap cuz i dont listen to music, its pointless amd its maayaa, and then i aint gna eat the food or the chocolate fountain cuz of joot (hygene)!! but ppl want me to go and then i feel bad if i dont go, but as far as i think, i dont feel i should go, please give me your opinions, the only reason i would be going there would be to spend the last gud time with my frends, i dont know, please give me some advice!!! is it wrong or is it ok? help plz. kipaa karo!!!

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh :e:

I always went to all events....just to show the Goray that there was no place that a Turbaned Sikh could not go.....I wanted people to see me and come up to me and ask questions......thats how people understand and realise what Sikhism is.....by seeing us visibly!!!!

Guest Khalsa Productions

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

this is what happens at a prom;

theres drunk people,

theres meat,

theres music,

theres hate and love.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I never went to my Prom and I regretted nothing. The smell and noise of those places always turned me away.

What possible positive impact is that going to have on your Sikhi? A Sikh is a bit like an athlete. Their whole life revolves around the "Game" or in our case our faith. If something is going to throw us off why bother? If it's not going to help then it's just time that could be better spent elsewhere.

I could give tuk after tuk from Gurbani saying not to go near bad sangat or manmat. I think we can agree that a Prom probably won't be somewhere to learn Gurmat.

Otherwise your choice. I don't mind being called a "fanatic" because anyone who wants something badly in life becomes one. Just like an athlete. :lol:

I never went to my Prom and I regretted nothing. The smell and noise of those places always turned me away.

What possible positive impact is that going to have on your Sikhi? A Sikh is a bit like an athlete. Their whole life revolves around the "Game" or in our case our faith. If something is going to throw us off why bother? If it's not going to help then it's just time that could be better spent elsewhere.

I could give tuk after tuk from Gurbani saying not to go near bad sangat or manmat. I think we can agree that a Prom probably won't be somewhere to learn Gurmat.

Otherwise your choice. I don't mind being called a "fanatic" because anyone who wants something badly in life becomes one. Just like an athlete. :lol:

exactly my point :TH: