How Many Gods

kaaur

today sum1 asked me "do u sikh's believe in one god?" n i sed yeh

ik onkar means one god doesnt it?

but then if this is the case then who is that?

is it Guru Nanak Ji seeing as thou he is the founder of sikhi

or the Guru Granth Sahib seeing as thou that is who we follow now?

i think some of the answers may be too much for your questions, i remember asking these kind of questions along time ago n i used to just skim over the posts cos there was too much info so i tried to also keep it simple.

yea we belive in one god.

no guru nanak was the one who came on earth to tell us all about god.

alot of religions belive in one god, they have different names for them, but essentially the god christians refer to and the god muslims refer to etc etc is the same god we refer to. there is only one , and he sees us all as one type of people. but the guru tells us how the path which we should follow to reach god and how to live our life properly.

guru nanak left his message for us in the guru granth sahib ji , they are basically the same just in different forms.

ALLHA IS SAME AS RAM

AND

RAM IS SAME AS ALLHA .....

once few muslims come to guru gobind singh sahib ji ... and asked him whom u like more are the hindus or muslims .... guru sahib smiled and replyed i like them both .... then those fakirs said we think there is one way of god ... what u say about this ...

guru jee said what they think is there are three gods ... muslim fakirs were surprised they said sikhs beleve in one akalpurkh how can u say there are three gods ...

guru ji said yes there is one god ... but as said there is only one path of god that means only muslims can reach him ... but hindus dont .... thats god no one .... hindus think they can only reach god ... so thats god no two ...

if a muslims started saying RAM RAM u will he kafir he is saying ram not mollha ... and if a hindu says mollha his fellow hindus will say he is converting to islam he is not god ... that means there are two gods and one is akal purakh himself ...

ram means rameya hoye .... who is every where (sanskrit) .... mollha means mileya hoye(farsi) .... who is every where ....

only languge is different meaning is same ..........

Guest s133k_s1kh

I have a few questions that struck my mind after reading these posts. If anyone here could help me with these doubts.

There is only ONE God and ONE Satguru. Satguru has existed since the start of time and is ONE with God.

As far as my understanding goes, Satguru is part of God and is the means by which we can unite with him.

An example that works for me is as follows: I want to meet my father. How will I be able to accomplish this? My father will extend his hand to me and I will grab it. Satguru is like the hand of God. It is the means by which we can attach ourselves to Vahiguru. If someone asks is your father then a hand? No. But that hand is part of my father and really has no identity separate from him.

Or if it works better for you, you can consider Satguru like the voice or word of God by which he directs us back to him. Is the voice part of God? Of course. The voice doesn't exist separately or without God.

So to summarise, Satguru is only ONE and is part of God. Satguru is not a human but a jot (light). Satguru's form is Shabad (the word of God). During the time between 1469-1708, the shabad was housed in physical human bodies (but only ONE Satguru and only ONE jot passed from body to body). In the present time, that Shabad/Jot resides in the physical form of Satguru Granth Sahib. Satguru is one with God (just like my father's hand is part of my father) and that part of God which unites us with him through naam and shabad.

From my understanding of this post GOD is GOD and SATGURU is the JOT . So, Sri Guru Granth Sahib is JOT (word of the god).

Satguru existed since the start of time.

Here are my queries.

1. Is it just Satguru( JOT, word of god, hand of father) that can lead us to god ?

2. For sikhs JOT is SGGS, what is JOT for other religions ?

3. Did the JOT come in physical form before 1469?

god is nirgun sroop sarab kalla dhar .... avtars are sargun sroop with few kallas .... like bhagwan ram 14 kalla avtar .... bhagwan krishen 16 kalla avtar .... guru nanak sarb kalla avtar ....

1. When we say GOD is sarb kalla dhar and Guru Nanak Dev Ji was sarb kalla avtar, does that mean Guru Ji could do everything that GOD does ?

2. Was is just Guru Nanak Dev Ji who was sarb kalla avtar or the 9 Gurus who followed fall in the same category?

3. So is SGGS sarb kalla avtar? Are there any other sarb kalla avtars?

3. Ramma was 14 kalla avtar, Krishna was 16 kalla avtar..what does kalla mean here ? Like when you say kalla..is it the qualities? If yes could anyone tell me the 16 qualities that Krishna possessed.

4. Isn't Ramayan and Mahabharat mythology ?

Forgive me if my questions sound stupid.

Bhul Chul Maaf

Gur Fateh !!

1. No--if you follow something, follow it truly--you can't drive 2 roads at the same time, and you can't get to the destination w/out the car & road.

2. Of the Abrahamic faiths (Islam, Christianity, and Judaism), they were Mohammed, Jesus, and the Messiah yet to come, respectively, though muslims dont consider Mohammed as God/son of God--just a messenger.

3. Yes. Guru ji came to fix up the religions who messed up their religion.

1. Yes

2. All 11 were same light--like a candle--you pass on the fire to the new candle, but the old one still has it

3. I don't know, but i'm guessing it means form

4. As far as I know--no. They just took place in different jug.

Correct me if im wrong

Guest s133k_s1kh

Someone with more elaborate answers :lol: pleaseeeeee

answer has been given in the prev replys...

read them again and see if u can find ur answer blush.gif

itz there but hidden(not really...jus read betwwn the linez"

i read them thrice, they are not complete. atleast for me they are not :D

I have a few questions that struck my mind after reading these posts. If anyone here could help me with these doubts.

There is only ONE God and ONE Satguru. Satguru has existed since the start of time and is ONE with God.

As far as my understanding goes, Satguru is part of God and is the means by which we can unite with him.

An example that works for me is as follows: I want to meet my father. How will I be able to accomplish this? My father will extend his hand to me and I will grab it. Satguru is like the hand of God. It is the means by which we can attach ourselves to Vahiguru. If someone asks is your father then a hand? No. But that hand is part of my father and really has no identity separate from him.

Or if it works better for you, you can consider Satguru like the voice or word of God by which he directs us back to him. Is the voice part of God? Of course. The voice doesn't exist separately or without God.

So to summarise, Satguru is only ONE and is part of God. Satguru is not a human but a jot (light). Satguru's form is Shabad (the word of God). During the time between 1469-1708, the shabad was housed in physical human bodies (but only ONE Satguru and only ONE jot passed from body to body). In the present time, that Shabad/Jot resides in the physical form of Satguru Granth Sahib. Satguru is one with God (just like my father's hand is part of my father) and that part of God which unites us with him through naam and shabad.

From my understanding of this post GOD is GOD and SATGURU is the JOT . So, Sri Guru Granth Sahib is JOT (word of the god).

Satguru existed since the start of time.

Here are my queries.

1. Is it just Satguru( JOT, word of god, hand of father) that can lead us to god ?

2. For sikhs JOT is SGGS, what is JOT for other religions ?

3. Did the JOT come in physical form before 1469?

god is nirgun sroop sarab kalla dhar .... avtars are sargun sroop with few kallas .... like bhagwan ram 14 kalla avtar .... bhagwan krishen 16 kalla avtar .... guru nanak sarb kalla avtar ....

1. When we say GOD is sarb kalla dhar and Guru Nanak Dev Ji was sarb kalla avtar, does that mean Guru Ji could do everything that GOD does ?

2. Was is just Guru Nanak Dev Ji who was sarb kalla avtar or the 9 Gurus who followed fall in the same category?

3. So is SGGS sarb kalla avtar? Are there any other sarb kalla avtars?

3. Ramma was 14 kalla avtar, Krishna was 16 kalla avtar..what does kalla mean here ? Like when you say kalla..is it the qualities? If yes could anyone tell me the 16 qualities that Krishna possessed.

4. Isn't Ramayan and Mahabharat mythology ?

Forgive me if my questions sound stupid.

Bhul Chul Maaf

Gur Fateh !!

Don't get confused with issues f Jot etc. They are just terms.

Guru Gobind Singh ji described God and Kaal or Time......also as Akaal or Timeless....he goes on and says in Sri Dasam Granth ji

ਤ੍ਵ ਸਰਬ ਨਾਮ ਕਥੈ ਕਵਨ ਕਰਮ ਨਾਮ ਬਰਣਤ ਸੁਮਤਿ ॥੧॥

त्व सरब नाम कथै कवन करम नाम बरणत सुमति ॥१॥

All Thy Names cannot be told. One doth impart Thy Action-Name with benign heart.1.

ਭੁਜੰਗ ਪ੍ਰਯਾਤ ਛੰਦ ॥

भुजंग प्रयात छंद ॥

BHUJANG PRAYAAT STANZA

ਨਮਸਤ੍ਵੰ ਅਕਾਲੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤ੍ਵੰ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੇ ॥

नमसत्वं अकाले ॥ नमसत्वं क्रिपाले ॥

Salutation to Thee O Timeless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Beneficent Lord!

ਨਮਸਤ੍ਵੰ ਅਰੂਪੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤ੍ਵੰ ਅਨੂਪੇ ॥੨॥

नमसत्वं अरूपे ॥ नमसत्वं अनूपे ॥२॥

Salutation to Thee O Formless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Wonderful Lord! 2.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਭੇਖੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਲੇਖੇ ॥

नमसतं अभेखे ॥ नमसतं अलेखे ॥

Salutation to Thee O Garbless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Accountless Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਕਾਏ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਜਾਏ ॥੩॥

नमसतं अकाए ॥ नमसतं अजाए ॥३॥

Salutation to Thee O Bodyless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Unborn Lord!3.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਗੰਜੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਭੰਜੇ ॥

नमसतं अगंजे ॥ नमसतं अभंजे ॥

Salutation to Thee O Indestructible Lord! Salutation to Thee O Indivisible Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਨਾਮੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਠਾਮੇ ॥੪॥

नमसतं अनामे ॥ नमसतं अठामे ॥४॥

Salutation to Thee O Nameless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Non-Spatial Lord! 4.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਕਰਮੰ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਧਰਮੰ ॥

नमसतं अकरमं ॥ नमसतं अधरमं ॥

Salutation to Thee O Deedless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Non-Religious Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਨਾਮੰ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਧਾਮੰ ॥੫॥

नमसतं अनामं ॥ नमसतं अधामं ॥५॥

Salutation to Thee O Nameless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Abodeless Lord! 5.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਜੀਤੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਭੀਤੇ ॥

नमसतं अजीते ॥ नमसतं अभीते ॥

Salutation to Thee O Unconquerable Lord! Salutation to Thee O Fearless Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਬਾਹੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਢਾਹੇ ॥੬॥

नमसतं अबाहे ॥ नमसतं अढाहे ॥६॥

Salutation to Thee O Vehicleless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Unfallen Lord! 6.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਨੀਲੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਨਾਦੇ ॥

नमसतं अनीले ॥ नमसतं अनादे ॥

Salutation to Thee O Colourless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Beginningless Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਛੇਦੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਗਾਧੇ ॥੭॥

नमसतं अछेदे ॥ नमसतं अगाधे ॥७॥

Salutation to Thee O Blemishless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Infinite Lord! 7.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਗੰਜੇ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਭੰਜੇ ॥

नमसतं अगंजे॥ नमसतं अभंजे ॥

Salutation to Thee O Cleaveless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Partless Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਉਦਾਰੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਪਾਰੇ ॥੮॥

नमसतं उदारे ॥ नमसतं अपारे ॥८॥

Salutation to Thee O Generous lord! Salutation to Thee O Limitless Lord! 8.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਸੁ ਏਕੈ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਨੇਕੈ ॥

नमसतं सु एकै ॥ नमसतं अनेकै ॥

Salutation to Thee O THE ONLY ONE LORD! Salutation to Thee O The Multi-form Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਭੂਤੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਜੂਪੇ ॥੯॥

नमसतं अभूते ॥ नमसतं अजूपे ॥९॥

Salutation to Thee O Non-elemental Lord! Salutation to Thee O Bondless Lord!9.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਕਰਮੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਭਰਮੇ ॥

नमसतं न्रिकरमे ॥ नमसतं न्रिभरमे ॥

Salutation to Thee O Deedless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Doubtless Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਦੇਸੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਭੇਸੇ ॥੧੦॥

नमसतं न्रिदेसे ॥ नमसतं न्रिभेसे ॥१०॥

Salutation to Thee O Homeless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Garbless Lord! 10.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਨਾਮੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਕਾਮੇ ॥

नमसतं न्रिनामे ॥ नमसतं न्रिकामे ॥

Salutation to Thee O Nameless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Desireless Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਧਾਤੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਘਾਤੇ ॥੧੧॥

नमसतं न्रिधाते ॥ नमसतं न्रिघाते ॥११॥

Salutation to Thee O Non-elemental Lord! Salutation to Thee O invincible Lord!11.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਧੂਤੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਭੂਤੇ ॥

नमसतं न्रिधूते ॥ नमसतं अभूते ॥

Salutation to Thee O Motionless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Elementless Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਲੋਕੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਸੋਕੇ ॥੧੨॥

नमसतं अलोके ॥ नमसतं असोके ॥१२॥

Salutation to Thee O Invinciblle Lord! Salutation to Thee O Griefless Lord! 12.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਤਾਪੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਥਾਪੇ ॥

नमसतं न्रितापे ॥ नमसतं अथापे ॥

Salutation to Thee O Woeless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Non-established Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਤ੍ਰਿਮਾਨੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨਿਧਾਨੇ ॥੧੩॥

नमसतं त्रिमाने ॥ नमसतं निधाने ॥१३॥

Salutation to Thee O Universally-Honoured Lord! Salutation to Thee O Treasure Lord! 13.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਗਾਹੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਬਾਹੇ ॥

नमसतं अगाहे ॥ नमसतं अबाहे ॥

Salutation to Thee O Bottomless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Motionless Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਤ੍ਰਿਬਰਗੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਸਰਗੇ ॥੧੪॥

नमसतं त्रिबरगे ॥ नमसतं असरगे ॥१४॥

Salutation to Thee O Virtue-full Lord! Salutation to Thee O Unborn Lord! 14.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਪ੍ਰਭੋਗੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਸੁਜੋਗੇ ॥

नमसतं प्रभोगे ॥ नमसतं सुजोगे ॥

Salutation to Thee O Enjoyer Lord! Salutation to Thee O Well-united Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਰੰਗੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਭੰਗੇ ॥੧੫॥

नमसतं अरंगे ॥ नमसतं अभंगे ॥१५॥

Salutation to Thee O Colourless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Immortal Lord! 15.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਗੰਮੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤਸਤੁ ਰੰਮੇ ॥

नमसतं अगमे ॥ नमसतसतु रमे ॥

Salutation to Thee O Unfathomable Lord! Salutation to Thee O All-Pervasive Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਜਲਾਸਰੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨਿਰਾਸਰੇ ॥੧੬॥

नमसतं जलासरे ॥ नमसतं निरासरे ॥१६॥

Salutation to Thee O Water-Sustainer Lord! Salutation to Thee O Propless Lord!16.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਜਾਤੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਪਾਤੇ ॥

नमसतं अजाते ॥ नमसतं अपाते ॥

Salutation to Thee O Casteless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Lineless Lord !

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਮਜਬੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤਸਤੁ ਅਜਬੇ ॥੧੭॥

नमसतं अमजबे ॥ नमसतसतु अजबे ॥१७॥

Salutation to Thee O Religionless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Wonderful Lord! 17.

ਅਦੇਸੰ ਅਦੇਸੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਭੇਸੇ ॥

अदेसं अदेसे ॥ नमसतं अभेसे ॥

Salutation to Thee O Homeless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Garbless Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਧਾਮੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਬਾਮੇ ॥੧੮॥

नमसतं न्रिधामे ॥ नमसतं न्रिबामे ॥१८॥

Salutation to Thee O Abodeless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Spouseless Lord! 18.

ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਕਾਲੇ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਦਿਆਲੇ ॥

नमो सरब काले ॥ नमो सरब दिआले ॥

Salutation to Thee O All-destroyer Lord! Salutation to Thee O Entirely Generous Lord!

ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਰੂਪੇ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਭੂਪੇ ॥੧੯॥

नमो सरब रूपे ॥ नमो सरब भूपे ॥१९॥

Salutation to Thee O Mullti-form Lord! Salutation to Thee O Universal King Lord!19.

ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਖਾਪੇ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਥਾਪੇ ॥

नमो सरब खापे ॥ नमो सरब थापे ॥

Salutation to Thee O Destroyer Lord! Salutation to Thee O Establisher Lord!

ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਕਾਲੇ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਪਾਲੇ ॥੨੦॥

नमो सरब काले ॥ नमो सरब पाले ॥२०॥

Salutation to Thee O Annihilator Lord! Salutation to Thee O All-sustainer Lord!20

ਨਮਸਤਸਤੁ ਦੇਵੈ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਭੇਵੈ ॥

नमसतसतु देवै ॥ नमसतं अभेवै ॥

Salutation to Thee O Divine Lord! Salutation to Thee O Mysterious Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਜਨਮੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਸੁਬਨਮੇ ॥੨੧।

नमसतं अजनमे ॥ नमसतं सुबनमे ॥२१।

Salutation to Thee O Unborn Lord! Salutation to Thee O Loveliest Lord! 21

ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਗਉਨੇ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਭਉਨੇ ॥

नमो सरब गउने ॥ नमो सरब भउने ॥

Salutation to Thee O All-Pervasive Lord! Salutation of Thee O All-Permeator Lord!

ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਰੰਗੇ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਭੰਗੇ ॥੨੨॥

नमो सरब रंगे ॥ नमो सरब भंगे ॥२२॥

Salutation to Thee O All-loving Lord ! Salutation to Thee O All-destroying Lord!22.

ਨਮੋ ਕਾਲ ਕਾਲੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤਸਤੁ ਦਿਆਲੇ ॥

नमो काल काले ॥ नमसतसतु दिआले ॥

Salutation to Thee O Death-destroyer Lord! Salutation to Thee O Beneficent Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਬਰਨੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਮਰਨੇ ॥੨੩॥

नमसतं अबरने ॥ नमसतं अमरने ॥२३॥

Salutation to Thee O Colourless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Deathless Lord! 23.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਜਰਾਰੰ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਕ੍ਰਿਤਾਰੰ ॥

नमसतं जरारं ॥ नमसतं क्रितारं ॥

Salutation to Thee O Omnipotent Lord! Salutation to Thee O Doer Lord.

ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਧੰਧੇ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਸਤ ਅਬੰਧੇ ॥੨੪॥

नमो सरब धंधे ॥ नमो सत अबंधे ॥२४॥

Salutation to Thee O Involved Lord! Salutation to Thee O Detached Lord!24.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਸਾਕੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਬਾਕੇ ॥

नमसतं न्रिसाके ॥ नमसतं न्रिबाके ॥

Salutation to Thee O Kindredless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Fearless Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਰਹੀਮੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਕਰੀਮੇ ॥੨੫॥

नमसतं रहीमे ॥ नमसतं करीमे ॥२५॥

Salutation to Thee O Generous Lord! Salutation to Thee O Merciful Lord!25.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਨੰਤੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਮਹੰਤੇ ॥

नमसतं अनंते ॥ नमसतं महंते ॥

Salutation to Thee O Infinite Lord! Salutation to the Thee O Greatest Lord!

ਨਮਸਤਸਤੁ ਰਾਗੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਸੁਹਾਗੇ ॥੨੬॥

नमसतसतु रागे ॥ नमसतं सुहागे ॥२६॥

Salutation to Thee O Lover Lord! Salutation to Thee O Universal Master Lord!26.

ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਸੋਖੰ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਪੋਖੰ ॥

नमो सरब सोखं ॥ नमो सरब पोखं ॥

Salutation to Thee O Destroyer Lord! Salutation to Thee O Sustainer Lord!

ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਕਰਤਾ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਹਰਤਾ ॥੨੭॥

नमो सरब करता ॥ नमो सरब हरता ॥२७॥

Salutation to Thee O Creator Lord ! Salutation to Thee O Great Indulger Lord! 27.

ਨਮੋ ਜੋਗ ਜੋਗੇ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਭੋਗ ਭੋਗੇ ॥

नमो जोग जोगे ॥ नमो भोग भोगे ॥

Salutation to Thee O Greatest Yogi Lord ! Salutation to Thee Great Indulger Lord!

ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਦਿਆਲੇ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਸਰਬ ਪਾਲੇ ॥੨੮॥

नमो सरब दिआले ॥ नमो सरब पाले ॥२८॥

Salutation to Thee O Gracious Lord! Salutation to Thee O sustainer Lord! 28

Give this explanation for God, how do you realise such a complex thing. The key is in quietening your mind and controlling Kaam, Krodh, Moh, Lobh and Hankaar. Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji tells us how to do this. Then our mind becomes attuned to God realisation or one becomes a Gurmukh.

Page 5, Line 5

ਨਦੀਆ ਅਤੈ ਵਾਹ ਪਵਹਿ ਸਮੁੰਦਿ ਨ ਜਾਣੀਅਹਿ ॥

नदीआ अतै वाह पवहि समुंदि न जाणीअहि ॥

nadee-aa atai vaah pavahi samund na jaanee-ahi.

the streams and rivers flowing into the ocean do not know its vastness.

and

Page 827, Line 18

ਸਾਧ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਿਲਿ ਸਾਗਰ ਬੂੰਦ ਨਹੀ ਅਨ ਹੇਰਾ ॥੨॥੧॥੧੧੭॥

साध मूरति गुरु भेटिओ नानक मिलि सागर बूंद नही अन हेरा ॥२॥१॥११७॥

saaDh moorat gur bhayti-o naanak mil saagar boond nahee an hayraa. ||2||1||117||

I have met with Guru Nanak, the Embodiment of the Holy Saints. When the drop of water merges into the ocean, it cannot be distinguished as separate again. ||2||1||117||