Sant

To make a small point, a 'sant' before a 'chicagowala' somehow doesn't seem right !

Clergy/Godmen/Saints etc who deem to practice their faith in greener pastures somehow doesn't gel in well with the image of someone who has entirely sacrificed the earthly for the spiritual. JMHO

that's not true, i see some bhai sahibs (extremely religious and spiritual) here, that are eating hand to mouth that are barely making ends meet... how can anybody know who has sacrificed what? just because the grass is greener, doesn't make the place any better... it's about your heart, whether your gursikh or not, and whether or not you will follow the guru's word... either way, the word sant shouldn't be added, but the point i was trying to make, is that bhai sahibs living abroad, us, uk, canada, etc, aren't any less credible than the bhai ji's of india.....

bhul chuk maaf...

Thanks for the replies. It wasnt my intention to start a controvertial topic...I just wanted to get some idea of how the use of the Sant prefix came to be. I think this draws similar lines with the caste/surname issue. To ensure all are one, the Singh/Kaur system is perfect. But then call yourself a Sant or to 'encourage' it, could be viewed as against this system to 'oneness'. Granted however, I'm sure in some situations the Sant prefix is justified.

Guest Dancing Warrior

Mmh grin.gif , Could be something in this sant fiasco, I’m in the wrong business could be good little earner!

All hail :WW: sant dancing warrior!

I dunno now not a very catchy name. Another failed enterprise!