Amritdari And Giving Jhooth To Others?

Guest SM

vaheguru ji ka khalsam vaheguru ji ki fateh!

ok was wondering that if you are amritdhari and if someone eats ur jhooth does that affect your spirtuality/kamae??

The reason for this is that my mother is like always eating my jooth and she is not amrithdhari! She will deliberately give more dhal and sabhjee when we have roti and says dont worry i will eat the rest. She will also deliberately eat last and in my used pandey i.e the drink from the same glass i used

And i have noticed the days this happens i feel lazier like waking up for amritvela for the following day doing path and so on

I just wanted to know that am i being paranoid or is their something i dont know about??

Anyone willing to enlighten me???

guru rakha!

yuh could see it as a positive ting rubbin off on ur mother... maybe if ur sikhi gets stronger/is stronger den before, ur 'kamaee' or spirituality might rub off on ur mother...

i was never tol' netin bout nebody takin my jooth when i took amrit... was only tol' not to take nebody else's jooth...

i dun tink u feelin 'lazier' or what not has netin to do wit ur momz takin ur jooth... da's jus ya own laziness IMO tongue.gif hehe...

vaheguru ji ka khalsam vaheguru ji ki fateh!

ok was wondering that if you are amritdhari and if someone eats ur jhooth does that affect your spirtuality/kamae??

The reason for this is that my mother is like always eating my jooth and she is not amrithdhari! She will deliberately give more dhal and sabhjee when we have roti and says dont worry i will eat the rest. She will also deliberately eat last and in my used pandey i.e the drink from the same glass i used

And i have noticed the days this happens i feel lazier like waking up for amritvela for the following day doing path and so on

I just wanted to know that am i being paranoid or is their something i dont know about??

Anyone willing to enlighten me???

guru rakha!

aboyt ur mom deliberately givin more food to u and then eating last is not deliberate! thats just MOMZ for u :devil: :D

they wanna feed u as much as they can...

and most of the moms i have seen eating last, after everyones done. thts how it used to be ...and they take it as their duty to do that(i said MOST not all)

the reason they say that i will eat after u are done...is cuz they think this way tehy can get u to eat a lot more thn u actually would if she said to u "FISNIH EVERYTHING ON UR PLATE" that way u woudlnt ask for more food and go to sleep "hungry" rolleyes.gif nd belive me ... momz can't sleep when they know or "think" their kids are hungry.

my mom nevr used to eat our johth at all. and my nani ji used to say to all of us "khavo jooth tey bollo jhoot"(cracks me up every time) and thats what my mom said to use once when i asked her why she wouldnt eat from my lplate as most moms do. "dont u love me mom? :sady: " and she started laffin :D

and ofcourse i learned that as a sikh u dont eat anyones jooth nor do u feed anyone jotha stuff. that is doin intentionally. like someone comes to ur house and u feed um jotha stuff. that an;t good is it?

(yes now my mom sometimes eat the lefover stuff from my sister's plate..but not mine cuz i was trained not to leave any food in me plate blush.gif if i ever do i get to hear that amritdharis aren't suppose to leave any jooth. there is a reason behind its: dont let the food go to waste.)

Maybe she eats in your dishes so she'll have fewer to wash. And maybe she eats last because she's still making rotis by the time everyone else is finished eating. Maybe you could try switching up the roles...you cook and wash dishes and maybe she'll feel more at liberty to eat before you and use her own dishes rolleyes.gif