Ek Niwas - A Young Singh's Account Of Police Disrespect

Sarbloh

What could they possibly do? If beadbhi is happening there and then I do not think there was any other option. However, I believe a Singh should use his kirpan to protect Guru Ji.

Part of me understands the actions of the young Gursikh, but I still think pointing fingers at the police is a futile exercise. One of the things we must realise, if the protesting route is chosen, is to expect a heavy handed riot police presence and expect that their actions will probably end up being inconsiderate and insensitive to the passions of the protesters. In order to combat this, build the bridges with the authorities and create a line of respectful communication to educate them on how to handle volatile situations. If there was a communicative relationship with the authorities before hand than assume it was still not strong enough and work on building a better rapport.

Whatever beadbi happened in Ek Niwas before or during that day, one of the paramount things the Singhs who led this campaign can still do is to carry out national Sri Akhand Paths around the UK and seek forgiveness for what the Police done or what Ek Niwas done or even what they done (just like the Gursikhs did in 1924 after the Jaito Morcha where 100 Sri Akhand Paths were carried around the Punjab even though the beadbi of breaking the Akhand Path at Jaito was done by the British Government). A sewa like this would create awareness at a national level within our Sikh sangata and would probably muster more internal support than protests.

The hindu coper should face the wrath of the REAL sikh community

What do we really expect from these one liner macho statements on the forum?? Does this kind of statement sum up the attitude of youth who turn to these one day protesting events!

Shows the stupidity of some people. Militant Singh by making such statements you are disgracing the Panth and showing that you are no better than PC Heer !

The faith of the copper is irrelevant. The author must initiate action against Heer and the Inspectors.

Author have you done anything to pursue this matter ? or are you happy sitting at home writing articles ?

gurfateh,

i spoke to the gursikh and he said, that a complaint has been made for the disrespect shown to guru sahib jee. he said he would like if others could also complain to the police that they have disrespected and hert the sikh community by commiting such actions

Thanks for the reply and please keep us updated.

Please ask him to make a proper formal complaint.

Plenty of information on the process at : http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/police/about/police-complaints/

Until the officers concerned make some form of apology and show resentment for their action the Sikh Council in Wolverhampton should avoid inviting anyone from the police to speak on stage during their annual beadbi mela.