kundalini yoga

Guest SikhForLife

Guest SikhForLife

anyone who believes in that kind of yoga and mantras needs to read this shabad

http://www.sikhnet.com/GurbaniKirtan/tr_0738a.html

Yoga is not the patched coat, Yoga is not the walking stick. Yoga is not smearing the body with ashes.

Yoga is not the ear-rings, and not the shaven head. Yoga is not the blowing of the horn.

Remaining unblemished in the midst of the filth of the world - this is the way to attain Yoga. ||1||

By mere words, Yoga is not attained.

One who looks upon all with a single eye, and knows them to be one and the same - he alone is known as a Yogi. ||1||Pause||

Yoga is not wandering to the tombs of the dead; Yoga is not sitting in trances.

Yoga is not wandering through foreign lands; Yoga is not bathing at sacred shrines of pilgrimage.

Remaining unblemished in the midst of the filth of the world - this is the way to attain Yoga. ||2||

Meeting with the True Guru, doubt is dispelled, and the wandering mind is restrained.

Nectar rains down, celestial music resounds, and deep within, wisdom is obtained.

Remaining unblemished in the midst of the filth of the world - this is the way to attain Yoga. ||3||

O Nanak, remain dead while yet alive - practice such a Yoga.

When the horn is blown without being blown, then you shall attain the state of fearless dignity.

Remaining unblemished in the midst of the filth of the world - this is the way to attain Yoga. ||4||1||8||

Guest SikhForLife

its not specifically saying Kundalini yoga.. my bad

but Yogis and people who run off to jungles to meditate..

am i rite.. or did i get it all wrong

:D

ps --my 100th post

Congratulations on the 100th post bhai sahib! Now get busy in posting another hundred. lol. Just kidding!

Actually, that shabad doesn't at all mentions the kind of yoga you are talking about.

The shabad probably has a different meaning of Yoga everyplace it is used.

BUT, If you are looking for the main idea then the you can most probably say that yoga is being reffered to as attainment of God.