I Like Him!

Guest a singhni

Guest a singhni

i havent been able to concentrate on doing simran. BEcuase of a singh. all i can say is he lives in toronto. and im not. In fact. not even in canada!

the thing is. he is so queit! all he does is sit in the diwan hall. he doesnt talk to girls. its annoying i ask him a question or anyone else asks him a question. he gives a short reply and walks away. But i really like this guy and i dont know whow to get it out of my head

you know htye say gursikhs souls are very attractive!

can anyone give me like ways to get him out of my head!!!!!!

( i know this sounds like a wha wha?!?) but i need to stop and concentrate on my sikhi..but everytime i try i go back thinking about him!

its like i dont know. my mind is very weak. so is my sikhi in thi s category.

i liked one singh one samagam. and then another seems cute at another samaagam.

i guess you can call it a crush

but have any other singhnis had this feeling?

so my quesiton is what can i do to get these "crush feelinga" out of my mind.

give comments like what will you get out of liking him"

cause that helped!

*please dont judge becuase i know this sounds soooooooo horrible..liking singhs and all........but what can i do. i am horrible i guess. no need to remind me.only post if you have a positve thing to say as of how to conrtol my mind.

vaheguruuuuuu vaheguru vaheguruuuuuuu

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its annoying i ask him a question or anyone else asks him a question. he gives a short reply and walks away.

guru sahib says eat little, sleep little and TALK LITTLE

leave him alone!!! he is trying to control his feelings, hes probably sussed that you like him n now hes trying to stay away because he doesnt want to damage his sikhi or yours! if you like him, stay away from him. thats the best advice i can give.

i dont wanna be too harsh but sitting in a gurdwara eyeing up singhs or singhnia is as bad as going into a gurdwara to have a shave or something.

bhenji i know its hard, ive been there, thats why im being blunt yeah. you are doing exactly what i did, and once you get stuck in this cycle its sooo difficult to get out.

my advice is plain n simple, stay away from him.

dont talk to him, youre not doing him any favours

and youre not doing urself any either.

the really sad thing is a gurdwara is all about guru sahib

but when we go its all about which singh was the best looking

or whatever, just watch urself. this time is crucial

what u do now is either gonna make u, or break u.

an amritdhari should see all fellow amritdharis as brothers and sisters.

we should realise that failling into the trap of kaam will hinder our sikhi.

the person we have feelings for will not be with us when our accuount of our deeds is read out.

It is normal for one to differentiate between some who looks "good" and "not so good" but we should not dwell on this.

roopvant hoi naahee mohai

One who is good-looking should not be vain;

prabh kee jot sagal ghat sohai

the Light of God is in all hearts.

ieik kih jwxin kihAw buJin qy nr suGV srUp ]

eik kehi jaanan kehiaa bujhan thae nur sughurr suroop

Some know how to speak and understand what they are told. Those people are wise and good-looking.

It would be unwise to "like"/"fancy" everyone who appears good looking. It would be best to focus our mind on vahiguru.

This can be done by doing more naam simran, doing extra paath. Sukhmani sahib is an amazing bani to start with.

kbIr grbu n kIjIAY dyhI dyiK surMg ]

Kabeer, do not be so proud, looking at your beautiful body.

Awju kwil@ qij jwhugy ijau kWcurI BuXMg ]40]

Today or tomorrow, you will have to leave it behind, like the snake shedding its skin. ||40||

......................................................................................................................................

True beauty is something else

jYsw krY khwvY qYsw AYsI bnI jrUriq ]

Mortals are known by their actions; this is the way it has to be.

hovih ilµ| iJM| nh hovih AYsI khIAY sUriq ]

They should show goodness, and not be deformed by their actions; this is how they are called beautiful.

jo Esu ieCy so Plu pwey qW nwnk khIAY mUriq ]2]

Whatever they desire, they shall receive; O Nanak, they become the very image of God. ||2||

..........................................................................................................................................................

As long as we dont start an acutal relationship with the person we "like" it is a lot easier. WE SHOULD NOT under any circumstances try to talk/ make freinds with people that we "like" because we would only be doing it for the complete WRONG reasons.

hukmu pCwxY su hir gux vKwxY ]

Those who recognize the Hukam of the Lord's Command chant the Glorious Praises of the Lord.

gur kY sbid nwim nIswxY ]

Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, they are glorified with the Naam.

sBnw kw dir lyKw scY CUtis nwim suhwvixAw ]3]

Everyone's account is kept in the True Court, and through the Beauty of the Naam, they are saved. ||3||

........................................................................................................................................................

EAM ipRA pRIiq cIiq pihlrIAw ]

My consciousness has loved my Beloved God, since the very beginning of time.

jo qau bcnu dIE myry siqgur qau mY swj sIgrIAw ]1] rhwau ]

When You blessed me with the Teachings, O my True Guru, I was embellished with beauty. ||1||Pause||

.............................................................................................................................................................

I hope i have not been judgemental in my post, please forgive any mistakes i have made and kindly point them out to me

Vahiguru jee ka khalsa vahiguru ji kee fateh

First of all you are not horrible for liking people, its' normal you a GIRL, naturally you are going to like a guy. Another thing, you damn right we Singhs in Canada look good. :D :devil: (I just had the urge to say that LOL. :D )

Anyways, what you need to do sister is keep yourself occupied by the things you need to do. For example, your studies, the gym, part time work, etc. Also, when it comes to Sikhi sometimes its' hard to concentrate, but if you keep at it, sooner or later it will phase out. You are probably a teenager so you have the age of being "infauted" (sp?) with people. It happens. At least, you did not do anything wrong, so big up to you for that. If you like him so much, why don't you just tell him you do, I know the sangat on here will kill me for that. rolleyes.gif But I am actually being honest, sometimes what we see is what we get. If you really think this is not infautation, but you REALLY like the person than speak up. What is the most he going to say, I am not into that kind of stuff. After that, you can at least go back to concentration on your sikhi, and everyday lives rather than thinking about and picking roses and saying "he loves, he loves me not" and all that BS.

Hopefully we can get FEMALES perspectives on here.

First of all you are not horrible for liking people, its' normal you a GIRL, naturally you are going to like a guy. Another thing, you damn right we Singhs in Canada look good. :D :@ (I just had the urge to say that LOL. :D )

Anyways, what you need to do sister is keep yourself occupied by the things you need to do. For example, your studies, the gym, part time work, etc. Also, when it comes to Sikhi sometimes its' hard to concentrate, but if you keep at it, sooner or later it will phase out. You are probably a teenager so you have the age of being "infauted" (sp?) with people. It happens. At least, you did not do anything wrong, so big up to you for that. If you like him so much, why don't you just tell him you do, I know the sangat on here will kill me for that. rolleyes.gif But I am actually being honest, sometimes what we see is what we get. If you really think this is not infautation, but you REALLY like the person than speak up. What is the most he going to say, I am not into that kind of stuff. After that, you can at least go back to concentration on your sikhi, and everyday lives rather than thinking about and picking roses and saying "he loves, he loves me not" and all that BS.

Hopefully we can get FEMALES perspectives on here.

haha...im still waiting for the day a singhnee becomes a member of a fitness gym

come on singhnees !!!

hit the gym!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

waheguru!

sista u wont believe how many bibian get this same feeling. im na amritdhari (yet..one day if Guru kirpa i will be) but i no ALOT of amritdhari gurls who go to smagams jus to flirt or simply see some singh that has been on their mind. some of em haven even talked to em before, jus no of them, or randomly stalk them on the net :sady: on dumb things like friendster or like i duno hi5. i hear em say things like "did you see that, he jus lukd at me!" nd the singh hu they referin to is literally sitin behind the kirtanee. how do i no all this? because i see it, hear it, nd unfortunately i once used to be like that too. i think bhenji it wud help if you TRULY think to urself how rong wut ur doin is. is says in bani that its the biggest paap to luk with lustful eyes towards a daugher of Guru Ji... :D we need to realize that the same applies to us. we should have some sharam :D dese r our brothers! they are the sons of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and we fools look at them with lust. when you die, and you have to face Guru Ji, think about what answer you'll have to justify your thoughts! you coudn't 'control' yourself!? common ma sista you can do better than this. think about the piyarian Singhnian who gave their lives for Sikhi! They were in teh company of Singhs all throughout. of course we cannot compare ourselves to their Uchey Jeevan but it should still put sum shame in us that what we are feeling is nothing but kalyug :devil: think of this as a battle you have to fight! plus are u nitnemi? also the earlier u wake up in the morning (amrit vela) it helps you control yourself more...lisn to keertan as much as you can..if u go to smagam nd u no 'he' gona be dere, avoid lukin at him (obviously) or even for instance, if he in de langar..DONT go in the langar :TH: best advice is to do Ardaas benti..ask for forgiveness whenevr you cn nd keep japing Naam!

sorry for rambling on..

plz forgive me if i have offended anyone..m jus a manmukh..

Waheguru!