Listening To Naam - Final Stages

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listening to Naam - Final Stages

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This article continues from previous one and talks about the final stages of the Naam practiser.

Stage 3

This stage is where one gets everything very quickly this is where one can do mental Simran without the lips moving. In this stage when one breathes in they might mentally be saying ‘Wahe’ in their minds and when breathing out they say ‘Guru.’ In the preliminary stage this would be a technique given by the Panj Piyare when taking Amrit but one wouldn’t have the mental ability to Jap Naam like this and one wouldn’t feel the joys and bliss as one does in this stage.

This stage can be described as this example. If the Naam practiser who has reached this stage was standing in train station and a train was coming full speed, only Naam would be audible and not the train. This is how powerful the mind becomes and the ability to focus on Naam increases a large amount. A normal person or a Gursikh in the preliminary stages would hear nothing but the train. The focus would be diverted.

In this stage one would feel very beiraagi (detached). All one would want is the blessing of the vision of His beloved and would cut off his head to such a Being that would let him meet his beloved.

iqsu dis ipAwry isru DrI auqwry iek BorI drsnu dIjY ]

Whoever leads me to my Beloved - I would cut off my head and offer it to him, even if I were granted the Blessed Vision of His Darshan for just an instant.

The above tukh is what Daas is talking about. One gets to such a state of mind that one can’t live without Naam even for a second. Even if one forgets Naam for one second it feels like the mind has been blackened with filth and feels like years have gone by not seconds. One is very thirsty for vision of Waheguru here and would do anything to attain it.

In this stage one starts to hear weird noises and vision many things. One will hear and experience many things before one opens their Dasam Duaar. From reading Jail Chitiyan (Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh) we can see Bhai Sahib got straight to his Dasam Duaar but before this he saw his own soul, Bhai Sahib just wanted Darshan of Akaal Purakh and obtained it quickly. Other Rangle Sajans (imbued friends) of this era started experiencing other things. One story daas remembers is when a Gursikh was doing Abhiyaas and started hearing dogs barking, he got very scared but Bhai Sahib told him to carry on Abhiyaas as this stage he could see the entire universe and could be in the minds of any creature or living being spontaneously.

At this stage Guru Sahib has shown some Gursikhs some very scary scenes. Daas remembers ‘In Search of True Guru,’ Bhai Rama Singh states he saw hell and jamdoots. Many Gursikhs have narrated their experiences and have said that when one gets to this stage Guru Sahib shows the Gursikh hells, Jamdoots and many other frightful things. This is so the Gursikh doesn’t hold anything back now and just goes for Akaal Purakh’s Darshan so they don’t have to back and forth into transmigration again.

The final stage

This is when one completes the life journey. Here one meets His Beloved. The one who he was searching and yearning for so many years and lifetimes and in full glory meets Him and feels like this:

hm sir dInu dieAwlu n qum sir Ab pqIAwru ikAw kIjY ]

There is none as forlorn as I am, and none as Compassionate as You; what need is there to test us now?

bcnI qor mor mnu mwnY jn kau pUrnu dIjY ]1]

May my mind surrender to Your Word; please, bless Your humble servant with this perfection. ||1||

hau bil bil jwau rmeIAw kwrny ]

I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to the Lord.

kwrn kvn Abol ] rhwau ]

O Lord, why are You silent? ||Pause||

bhuq jnm ibCury Qy mwDau iehu jnmu qum@wry lyKy ]

For so many incarnations, I have been separated from You, Lord; I dedicate this life to You.

kih rivdws Aws lig jIvau icr BieE drsnu dyKy ]2]1]

Says Ravi Daas: placing my hopes in You, I live; it is so long since I have gazed upon the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. ||2||1||

One attains the highest Naam Avustha and drinks the Amrit necter from within. In the preliminary stages when one felt some Ras around the nabhi area, one felt his Nabhi flourish when doing Abhiyaas but now when Akaal Purakh is met one drinks Amrit from the highest chakra the tenth hidden gate and every time one breaths and says Waheguru one drinks the Amrit from within. This is called Sehaj Avustha. The final stage one reaches. It is easy to spot Gursikhs who drink this Amrit. Two things that stand out about them is their Gareebi (humility) and the second is the lalee on their faces. Their faces are red and radiant.

AMimRqu vrKY Anhd bwxI ]

The Ambrosial Nectar, the Unstruck Melody of Gurbani rains down continually;

It is very hard to forget Waheguru jee’s name in this state of mind. Ones mind is face to face with Waheguru and sees Waheguru in full glory. One is always in Sehaj Avustha and one has to keep reminding oneself to do daily chores, go to work, look after family because all that resides in ones mind now is Naam. For someone in the first stage it is hard to put Dhiyaan on Naam but for some one in this stage it is hard to take them off Dhiyaan!

Daas hasn’t spoken much in this article because most of it is just knowledge that Naam Raseeiya Gurmukhs have passed on to Daas or what Daas has read in books. In reality this stage can’t be described in mere words it is like Gungeh Dee Mityayee (the sweets of a death person). If you asked a Gungah how the sweets tasted, he cannot reply, he can just smile. In this same way this stage cannot be described it must be experienced.

The tenth gate

In our body we have 9 openings. These are known as gates in Gurbani. These are:

left eye

right eye

left nostril

right nostril

left ear

right ear

mouth

opening at the lower end of the alimentary canal

opening at the front below the bladder

These are all features or openings any human being has. But what remains a secret is the tenth gate. This tenth gate can only be opened through meditation. Yogis, Rishis, Munis have all opened this gate but all they have done is held their breaths there to increase their lives. For Gursikhs it is different. Once a Gursikh gets to Sehaj Avutha and open their Dasam Duaar they see Akaal Purakh their and drink Amrit their. This is something the Yogis etc couldn’t do because they didn’t practise Naam.

dsvY duAwir kuMcI jb dIjY ]

When the key is inserted in the Tenth Gate,

qau dieAwl ko drsnu kIjY ]24][/size]

then the Blessed Vision of the Merciful Lord's Darshan is seen. ||24||

Daas would like to end this article by saying opening of the Dasam Duaar can only be done through the grace of Satguru. We must have full faith in Guru Granth Sahib. There are a lot of people out there such as NaamDharis, RadhaSwaamis, Satnam Cult, Nirakhrees who do meditation as well. They all claim to have opened their Dasam Duaars and have seen Wahegurus Darshan. This is pure nonsense. These cults don’t have a true Guru and with out a true Guru Waheguru’s name isn’t found and one remains empty like an empty vessel. These cults only manipulate people for their wealth.

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib jeeo!!

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

~-~-~ Next weeks article – ‘Naam a gift from the Guru.’ ~-~-~