Boycott Lohri!

randip singh

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DID YOUR GURU'S CELEBRATE IT?

Thats not what the debate is here friend. the debate is whether such festivals as Lohri which celebrate the male child contribute to female infanticide.

The report published above seems to suggest so.

YOOOO....FIRTS OF ALL LOHRI IS NOT CELEBRATED TO FAVOUR BOYS OVER GIRLS......

AND IT SHOULD BE CELEBRATED....

What’s up wid u and """friend""".... First off all the link only mentions Lohri 2-3 times in da whole document... And it never mentions a direct relation between Lohri and da Female Feticide and Infanticide in Punjab... Plus what makes dat Link a reliable source??... You are making two different arguments ( 1. Female Feticide and Infanticide in Punjab 2. Boycotting Lohri..)) at da same time and trying to combine them forcibly.... Such as by using the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji... Which is wrong... The guy in dis document which u are using to justify your utter bull crap about Lohri... Focuses on Female Feticide and has no clue of why Lhori is celebrated.... ((( Is this the source which encouraged you to rite this bull crap... THIS IS A UNRELIABLE SOURCE.. written by some one who has done none whatsoever research about Lohri...))) Ill tell you where I am getting my info from... I asked a few Sikhs in my neighborhood, my dad and my grandad in Chandigarh... They all had the same reason for the celebration of Lhori... Dhula Bhatti Wale... who rescued Indian women from the Muhgals who kidnaped them....

if you have a problem with Female Feticide and Infanticide in Punjab... write a post about that and what u plan to do about it... Rather than postin bull crap about Lohri ( Just to get attention) which has ntn too do wid it...

............................... Okey Friend..........................

What’s up wid u and """friend""".... First off all the link only mentions Lohri 2-3 times in da whole document... And it never mentions a direct relation between Lohri and da Female Feticide and Infanticide in Punjab... Plus what makes dat Link a reliable source??... You are making two different arguments ( 1. Female Feticide and Infanticide in Punjab 2. Boycotting Lohri..)) at da same time and trying to combine them forcibly.... Such as by using the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji... Which is wrong... The guy in dis document which u are using to justify your utter bull crap about Lohri... Focuses on Female Feticide and has no clue of why Lhori is celebrated.... ((( Is this the source which encouraged you to rite this bull crap... THIS IS A UNRELIABLE SOURCE.. written by some one who has done none whatsoever research about Lohri...))) Ill tell you where I am getting my info from... I asked a few Sikhs in my neighborhood, my dad and my grandad in Chandigarh... They all had the same reason for the celebration of Lhori... Dhula Bhatti Wale... who rescued Indian women from the Muhgals who kidnaped them....

if you have a problem with Female Feticide and Infanticide in Punjab... write a post about that and what u plan to do about it... Rather than postin bull crap about Lohri ( Just to get attention) which has ntn too do wid it...

............................... Okey Friend..........................

Well Enemy (opposite of friend)...............firstly use a more civiilised tone.

Secondly stop talking like a pimp from the ghetto.

Thirdly learn to read, and see who commissioned the report (it was not some one who talks like a gangster rapper).

Fourthly continue to bury your head in the sand and ignore the links between idiotic male chauvanistic Punjabi traditions and Femal Foeticide.

Fifthly try and argue in a coherent logical manner rather than the planground chat of a 4 year old .......Depepartment of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Human Resouce Development, Governement of Punjab State Human Rights Commisssion I would say is more reliable than a kid on the internet.

Lastly I can use whatever I see fit to support an argument (if in is Bani so be it), you cannot stop me.

Best Wishes.

there is nothing wrong wit using bani to put away countless/meaningless rituals that people do !

Who have you the authority to define what is meaningless ritual and if it’s right or wrong, this is the problem with some Sikhs today all righteous and self elevated. Blinded by your oozing egos you have all become.

Do you give GGS the authority? Yes? Then according to SGGS lohri should be boycotted.