I Cant Take This Anymore

Guest shy freak

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh

I can't take this anymore. THe problme is that I am very, very shy. I do not want to be like this anymore. I want to be social, and have more friends. I've been like this since I was young. I hate myself for this. I'm sick of it! Why me?! Alot of people say that it's okay to be quiet, in the end it's worth it. I totally disagree with that. I mean, I don't want to become a chatter-box but like ughh this is so frustrating. What am I supposed to do? Does anyone else feel like this/or gone through the same thing? Please post your thoughts sangat jee, I'm very depressed right now. So many people say things like, "Oh bhenji/veerji, I used to be just like you. I started going here and there and blah blah...now I have lots of friends etc". I would appreciate all that advice but even that, it's something I just can't do. I hardly even have any friends. Pleaase reply back and maybe even quote some lines in baani that may help if possible. I may be male or female, I prefer to be kept anonymous so please don't assume what I am. Thanks in advance. Forgive this manmukh for anything wrong or offending. pray.gif

Vaheguroo

read Gurbani and talk with the Guru (those Shabads with Benti and Ardas you should say to the Guru) and the Guru giving command to you (in certain verses)

Those who have the Guru befriend the world

and talk with people to say hello how are you etc but avoid slander or gossip (i should as well) this has a negative effective on the soul as well as body (like heart attacks)

only the Naam Rang (colour) is everlasting and never dries out

a Manmukh is some one who follows the mind our mind is so filthy if we forget Waheguru for a second it starts off from it started off from so we must be constant in Naam Simran

some people get scared about taking Amrit

saying how can i grow a beard wear a Dastaar etc and live in society keep Rehat with people smoking around me etc and what about eating from takeways

all these things are cats and dogs and rabbits etc Amrit is the Lion when you take Amrit all these things will run away

i hear some people say what if we break our Amrit?

Amrit never breaks the Road never breaks only the car travelling on that Road fails

Amrit is the 1st step only then do we enter the School of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and start learning

if a 3 year old went to school and said to the teacher my mum said to you to give me a degree that would be non sense

"Everyone forgets except for the Guru who is perfect"

if we were born perfect why do we cry at birth (only Guru Nanak Dev Ji came into the world smiling)and why do we get born in the first place our aim is to get perfect in the Sharan of the Waheguru (this could take many lives but only Gurmukhs get many chances to complete their Bhagti)

He or she who realises thet they are not perfect and needs to correct themselves becomes a "Sant"

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Guest the one who wrote the harsh post

Dear shy freak,

in response to your response to my response to your response,

"

If i read more and more baani, what's the point? I don't even understand it. I only know how to read it."

exactly...there you go,

learn to understand it.thats the whole point of sikhi.anyone can read, but the real feeling comes from understanding.

it may seem like a longer route than finding friends to fill the emptyness, but if you are persistant and keep at it.set aside one hour, or even half an hour in the morning, or at anytime once a day and maybe either go on sikhitothemax and try to read some translations while reading gurmukhi....or maybe even read one shabad a day. you can't just get something without doing any hardwork. you make time for your studies right? well....

if you don't try it how will you know?

im afraid this is the state of most of us, including me..we are simply reading when we don't understand a word and think this will miraculosly help us.

we have to understand what we are saying, otherwise we can never apply it to our lives.

penjio if you want i would be happy to do you sangat, over email if you want.

There is a possibility this could be Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD). You might want to speak to your doctor about this if you feel it is affecting your life for appropriate treatment.