How To Think About Akaal Purkh?

I had a conversation with a muslim guy today. He asked me in which direction we pray. I said our direction is towards God. He said then something like: "how can you put your mind to God if you dont even know how he looks like"

I was thinkin about this. How should we think about Waheguroo Jee while doing paath? When we say a pauri should we try to create a situation in our mind on what we are reading? Or should we think about Guru Jee?

Most time when I do my paath I just do it with much pyaar and attention but is this enough?

forget it.. understand mool mantar.. there's what god looks like right there... do as much simran as possible...bani talks about meditating on akaal purakh and how we should and when we should and what will happen if we do.. so if u understand what ur reading (translations) then u automatically think of akaal purakh as ur praising him with bani...then once u fuel up on russ with bani, do simran and empty the tank.. then go do some more bani, fill up, then empty again...

Its funny because when you think about Guru Sahib really hard you tend to forget what your thinking about. Or at least i do. I think the key into remembering Guru Sahib when reading Bani is to do it with complete love. Say each line as if you are telling a secret to someone and its very important so your mind stresses on understanding what your saying. I also once heard that if you say each line of Bani as if you are saying to Guru Sahib, your mind becomes like a lotus flower floating on a pond of tranquil water. It becomes very soothing and we forget about the world around us.

The point of reading bani is not to repeat it as a part, but to say it with complete devotional love and worship.

I hope it all made sence, Forgive me for any mistakes

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

t(h)aakur jaa simaraa thoo(n) thaahee ||

O Lord Master, wherever I remember You, there I find You.