Tension Between Me And Dad

Guest _Mr Singh_

Guest _Mr Singh_

WJKK WJKF

I have always had the highest respect for my Dad because he has led the lifestyle of a Gursikh. He has preached about Amrit vela since I was young and encouraged going to Gurdwara etc.

I am Amritdharee, and have followed what my dad has taught me. Although in recent years my pyaar for sikhi has increased. I have started to wake up for Amritvela everyday and try to listen to katha and kirtan in my spare time. I thought my dad would be happy (not that I'm doing this for him. For Guru ji) but he seems more distant to me. He has sometimes referred to my amritvela as "pakhand"

I think it's affected his ego. He may have thought he was the most religious in the family. Not that I view this as a competition.

Recently there was a kirtan program at my Dads friends house. My dad didn't tell me about it, but his friend had told me earlier. When I asked him, he was surprised that I knew.

I asked for directions (I was going separately) as he had been there many times and I had only been there once many years ago. Anyway his directions were wrong. When I asked my mum if they had problems finding the house she said "No"

Has the sangat any advice or similar experiences. I am getting tired of being ignored and having to play games. I also find it hard to concentrate when doing simran in the same room with him at times.

awwww thats well sickk :sady: vechara - dont actually know how boys deal stuff like this with their dad - but i think you could try and talk to him - you know father and son bonding time - or just chat to him about the situation - dont know though

hope it works out for youuu :TH:

Vahiguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vahiguroo Ji Ki Fatehi!

i agree with Kar Kirpa Vahiguroo Penji, try talking, if that doesnt work, the nly thing 2 do is do an Ardaas. n hopefully ur Bapuji will realise that he is being out of order.wen doing Simran, try and block out all else in the room with you, lyk clear ur mind. i know its hard, but think about that Guru Ji has for u, because thats the love that matters most. i know that may sound a bit harsh, bhul chuk maaf karo. but b strong Paji. dnt givup!!!! just kp saying ur Fatehi 2 ur Bapuji, n he WILL come round! :TH:

agen bhul chuk maaf karo Ji

all d best

Vahiguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vahiguroo Ji Ki Fatehi!

Vjkk Vjkf

hmm..that sounds kind of confusing..I would think he would love you MORE since ur now following the right path n what not...u might be right abuot the ego thing..i honestly am confused myself..the best advice i could give is talk to him about it. ask him questions abuot sikhi so he would feel hes still needed or something..

its amazing how Sikhi can make some1 egotistic (is that how u say it :) ) wen it teaches u about trying to lose ur ego!! :cool:

however, it so amazing wat situations/tests Guru Ji gives us!!

Akali Guru Raam Das Ji says:

kaahae pooth jhagarath ho sa(n)g baap ||

O son, why do you argue with your father?

jin kae janae baddeerae thum ho thin sio jhagarath paap ||1|| rehaao ||

It is a sin to argue with the one who fathered you and raised you. ||1||Pause||

yet sometimes if he does become angry with u because u are moving forward sometimes, its best just to agree wiith them!!

Akali Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji says it best:

suaan pooshh jio bhaeiou n soodhho bahuth jathan mai keeno ||

Like a dog's tail, which will never straighten out, the mind will not change, no matter how many things are tried.

i hope this help :TH:

Bhul Chuk Maaf!!