Inner City Sikh Youth Get Musically Creative

dalsingh101

Here is an inspirational track by two young East London based youth of Sikh descent.

If you get time, have a listen to "Fire With" and give some feedback. I'm aware that this wont be everyones cup of tea but still, given the challenges youth face today I think some positivity is in order.

http://www.myspace.com/ukironmongers

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heavy tune man some godd points,. ut does matter whatis inside, however what is outside is important. a true sikh trys and follows every command of guru ji, but i knw what he saying that instaed of loving each other our community backsbite eachother and looks down on one another. there r mans who have beards and turbans and show they are a sikh but r corrupted onetime, however being born into a sikh family and glorifying to be mona is wrong too, im not saying iron mongers r doing that in there lyrics, but some people might interpetit that way, cos it is hard to work out wht he is tryiong to say about this topic. safe

heavy tune man some godd points,. ut does matter whatis inside, however what is outside is important. a true sikh trys and follows every command of guru ji, but i knw what he saying that instaed of loving each other our community backsbite eachother and looks down on one another. there r mans who have beards and turbans and show they are a sikh but r corrupted onetime, however being born into a sikh family and glorifying to be mona is wrong too, im not saying iron mongers r doing that in there lyrics, but some people might interpetit that way, cos it is hard to work out wht he is tryiong to say about this topic. safe

Naujawan: I haven't heard them live but remember that when tunes are made vocalists often layer parts. This means that they sing the chorus (for example) a number of times (3 times for example) and these 3 vocals are placed on the track overlapping each other. This gives the tune a certain effect which obviously cannot be replicated live. I have heard that they are quite good live from someone else though. I think they willl put contact details on the site soon if they haven't already.

Machete: I don't think they are glorifying being monay but just making a point about exclusion within the panth. Having spoken to them I know they have the most respect for upstanding brave bana wearing Sikhs. I think the tune has a number of messages i.e. exclusion, lack of unity weakening Sikhs, importance of family but also they touch on the very contentious issue of Sikh children who are raised in broken homes. Thisis something that is not uncommon but hardly acknowledged by the community. Sadly most of us have witnessed the effects of alcohol abuse on some Sikh families and I think a bit of the tune was directed at those who have endured such situations.

Come on folks, give us some more feedback on the track. I think stuff like this is important given the kind of idiots that I'm reading about going around universities and dissing their own kind after getting brainwashed by extremists!

Do you think there should be more stuff like this or not and why?

I don't understand what they're saying because of their british accent, but it is nice to see monas making some positive songs. After all, we monas need to stick together. "F*** tha rest"

I don't think they are saying that monay should stick together but rather the whole panth. Monay, keshdhari and amritdhari.

I don't understand what they're saying because of their british accent, but it is nice to see monas making some positive songs. After all, we monas need to stick together. "F*** tha rest"

I don't think they are saying that monay should stick together but rather the whole panth. Monay, keshdhari and amritdhari.

According to people on this website, Monay are not even Sikhs.

rolleyes.gif