Does World Really Knows About Sikhism?

njjassa

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ...... I was doing this research paper for my english class last week it was on like psychological problem of obedience and all that... so in that paper my main point of view was to present the drastic results of blind obedience to a totally irrational authority.... so since it was paper based on your own opinion so I wanted to include the example of 1984 sikh genocide because I thought it would perfectly match my paper's main point of view and secondly this way more people could get to know about real history of sikhism and what is sikhism really all about .... I wanted my english proff to know this especially not because hes racist! but because hes a real "intellect" and I like his analysis on every single issue that he has been studying so far he goes to the depth of every single issue ..... so anyways I had appointment with last week to discuss my paper so I asked him about 84 example ....... his face was like telling me that I talking something in Chinese lol ....... then he told me that I never heard of this issue before I knew about Indira Gandhi being first woman prime minister but she had terrible administration under her but I never knew that she went that far. Then he continues, " We "Americans" don't care about issues that we never knew". I was upset because I was born and raised in Punjab and everytime I thought of people who came from outside India i mean Punjabis especially Sikhs that we are very much popular out there because of our identity and today I was really disappointed .......... I know that UK and Canada is still in decent condition but I am talking about US and please I want some response from US sangat about this issue

why are we still being ignored and recognized as natives of Middle West?????

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

das

nice to see someone around jersey well bro i am always workin from thu through sunday so i dont really get tht much chance to be there but my family use to go to glennrock gurdwara and now we go to dashmesh darbar in carteret on sundays where u from in jersey???

Good point! By the way, do you go to Bridgewater Gurdwara?

Guest peacemaker
nice to see someone around jersey well bro i am always workin from thu through sunday so i dont really get tht much chance to be there but my family use to go to glennrock gurdwara and now we go to dashmesh darbar in carteret on sundays where u from in jersey???

Actually, I'm very close in NYC, but go to Bridgewater Gurdwara once a month. I've been to Carteret Gurdwara a few times for some samagams. Have you faced any discrimination in Jersey?

well to be honest not like a major one but in minor sense its everywhere u can see tht too i mean central jersey its aight coz major desi population arouund this area but if u go to south jersey ppl will always think u as a muslim or crap i work in south jersey near to philli i live near to nyc right near to edison area but this college proff was like we dont know about such things ...... how many ppl have u ever seen in ur life who knows exactly about sikhs and their physical and mental outlook??? the worst part is being corelated with muslims i mean i m not like tht every single muslim is crap on this planet but after 9/11 this thing is haunting us everywhere now

Actually, I'm very close in NYC, but go to Bridgewater Gurdwara once a month. I've been to Carteret Gurdwara a few times for some samagams. Have you faced any discrimination in Jersey?

Guest peacemaker

Hey, bro, I went to Rutgers and used to chill around Edison a lot. Yeah, you're right, the central area isn't too bad and most people I've met know who we are, but the southern part near Atlantic City isn't as good. I haven't had any problems myself, though. Which University do you attend?

Lookin to transfer Rutgers this sem right now i am in middlesex county college lol hate bein at this damn place bro lol wht u school at????

Hey, bro, I went to Rutgers and used to chill around Edison a lot. Yeah, you're right, the central area isn't too bad and most people I've met know who we are, but the southern part near Atlantic City isn't as good. I haven't had any problems myself, though. Which University do you attend?

Guest peacemaker

lol I hope this thread isn't just about us...anyone else want to join in?

By the way, I already graduated from Rutgers and am now working.

P.S. No wonder your professor said that. I wouldn't put too much stock into what a teacher from Middlesex County College says. It aint exactly Harvard. LOL.gif