Bleach

wjkk wjkf

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once knew a bhanji who had a full dhari and she used to be ashamed, too. I mean she used to wear a chuni over her face all the time and people made fun of her. But she did lots of simran and in the end she didn't care what people thought of her, because it only matters what guru ji thinks of you as this body is just a vehicle to meet the creator, the King of Kings.

When it turns to dust, where will the bleaching and shaving get you then?

:) totally agree wif Paji!!!!!! enda d day, we ain bin put on dis earth 2 impress ppl. n if ppl DO laff at u, jus shows dey ignorant. ur allllll bootiful nomatter wot. jus b happy!!!!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

As being a female with quite a bit of hair all over my body (less on the face), I know how it feels to have that pressure from everyone around you to be someone your not or to blend into society.

As said before, bleaching, shaving, cutting you hair are all known as bujjar kruheits. Some peopl would say that its not becuase Your not removing your hair but you are still altering its natural form. As hard as it can be sometimes, Just know that you are not alone in any way. There are thousands of Sikh Girls fighting the same battle you are every day of trying to feel accepted. I know that helps me whenever it gets me down that I might look different from my friends. Deep inside you know that your hair is more important to you than artificial beauty.

=))

Waheugru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guest Guest

Omg I better tell my friend that she has to take amrit again.....poor girl! I did not think it was a bujjar kurehit. My friends going to spew when i tell her about this thread!

Guest Guest

I knew cutting your hair meant you had to take amrit again but not bleaching. I don't think you have to take amrit again if you just bleaching, just tell your friend not to do it anymore. It is hard not to touch hair, i know I am a singhni as well and I have hair, but you can't let it bother you. Tell your friend to be strong! You are not suppose to change any part of your body but you don't have to take amrit again if you just bleach. Anyway that's my view.

I knew cutting your hair meant you had to take amrit again but not bleaching. I don't think you have to take amrit again if you just bleaching, just tell your friend not to do it anymore. It is hard not to touch hair, i know I am a singhni as well and I have hair, but you can't let it bother you. Tell your friend to be strong! You are not suppose to change any part of your body but you don't have to take amrit again if you just bleach. Anyway that's my view.

Penji please read this;

Bajjar Kurehit

By either Bleaching or Plucking your hair you are committing a Bajjar Kurehit. The four Bajjar Kurehits are:

Disrespect to one’s hair (i.e. cutting, plucking or bleaching the hair)

Consuming meat

Committing Adultery

Use of intoxicants (tobacco, alcohol)

To abstain from the four Bajjar Kurehits, is the basic foundation of Sikhism. If you commit any of the Bajjar Kurehits you cannot be called a Sikh.

People are mistaken that the Bajjar Kurehit is “cutting the hair”, this is false. It is because of this misconception that people think they can play around the Bajjar Kurehit by not “cutting kes” but by burning kes with candles, by waxing, bleaching, threading, electrolysis and other methods. Guru Ke Piaari’o according to the Panthic Sikh Rehit Maryada, the Bajjar Kurehit is; “Keshaa Di beadbi… Dishonoring the hair”. Dishonoring hair means anything which alters kes, and tampers with the law’s of nature-so there is no way around hair removal. Dishonoring the kes is one of the four Bajjar Kurehits, the consequence of commiting any of the Bajjar Kurehits is expulsion from the Khalsa Panth. By dishonoring the kes, one turns away from the Guru, one becomes a ‘vemukh’ This is what Guru Amar Das Jee says about ‘vemukhs’:

One who turns away from the Guru, and becomes vemukh - without the True Guru, he shall not find liberation.

He shall not find liberation anywhere else either; go and ask the wise ones about this.

He shall wander through countless incarnations; without the True Guru, he shall not find liberation.

But liberation is attained, when one is attached to the feet of the True Guru, chanting the Word of the Shabad.

Says Nanak, contemplate this and see, that without the True Guru, there is no liberation. ||22||

To become one of the Khalsa family again, one has to go in front of the Panj Piyare in Guru’s Hazoori, and ask for forgiveness. If the Panj Piyare accept the individuals plea than the individual has to retake Khande Baate Da Amrit.