Fashion Designer?

heart

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

How bout focusing your creativity on something else, making baneh for those who cant get them in this country! I know alot of people who would like people to make baneh and choleh!

just a idea! Im a moorakh so i dunno nufink :)

VJKK VJKF!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

My question basically is.

Is it wrong for a Gursikh to be designing revealing colthes if they do not preach others to wear it?..

I hope I made sence..

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

IK ONG KAR SATGUR PARSAD!

Being a fashion designer does not compell anyone to design revealing outfits / attire!

Though this could prove to be a challenge, but how about designing stylish concealing outfits!

For all you know, this could trigger off another trend!!

Bhul chuk maaf karnee ji

erm ye i alredy do dat for ppl round ere, lyk makem Banai n Cholai n suits n that blush.gif

but with the designin iss all bou leting out ur creative side n that init. so ye...

Friend,

if you are already adding style to the concealing outfits.. carry on doing so!

Try and give form your creativity through some other creative channel !!

Bhul chuk maaf karnee!!

erm ye i alredy do dat for ppl round ere, lyk makem Banai n Cholai n suits n that blush.gif

but with the designin iss all bou leting out ur creative side n that init. so ye...

Friend,

Bhul chuk maaf karnee!!

cud u elaborate on that??? i dint getit :)

Friend,

Bhul chuk maaf karnee!!

cud u elaborate on that??? i dint getit :)

Dear friend,

I agree with you that designing is all about giving vent to your creative attributes. Yes I admit with pride that our culture is pro *concealing* rather than *revealing* and therefore based on this a fashion designer may not get professionally acclaimed in the western part of the world where revellation is the buzz word.

In case, as a designer, you do not get that sort of satisfaction by limiting your creativity, then you could take up other creative pursuits like painting, writing etc. You may not like this suggestion but any of these could prove to be equally good.

In case you are not in for professional acclaim, then you could keep designing styles for concealing attires!

Bhul chuk maaf karnee ji !

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH soz blush.gif

but ye, i wouldnt wana get a HUGE label or anything, but be able to create textiles and clothing basically, just conveniently. if my 'work' does get recognised then all well and good, but if not then thats even better!!!! (would wana kpit on the low)

for those out their that do want to do design, i say go for it still, do what you feel your heart is in...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH soz blush.gif

but ye, i wouldnt wana get a HUGE label or anything, but be able to create textiles and clothing basically, just conveniently. if my 'work' does get recognised then all well and good, but if not then thats even better!!!! (would wana kpit on the low)

for those out their that do want to do design, i say go for it still, do what you feel your heart is in...

All the best to you!!

militant kaur ji,

if you ever need models to show off your work, sign me up...haha...

actually i think fashion design is really cool...it's artisitic..and there's nothing wrong with it..as long as it's done remembering that we are sikhs of the guru and what is dignified...

i think it would be cool that a gursikh could create fashions that are worn worldwide and that are beautiful creations and dignified..would show the world, that you can dress trendy and classy without having to give up your beliefs and dignitiy...

and having a bunch of singhs and kaurs model it...well...that would be way cool...