Fashion Designer?

heart

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I have been thinking about this all day and its starting to drilll a hole in my head! What does the sangat think of a Singhnee/Singh becoming a Fashion Designer? A typical Fashion Designer will design dresses/skirts/shirts, etc. We all know that we would never wear revealing clothes or skirts, etc. So is it wrong to design things as such for fashion or the public if the fashion designer would not wear it?

My question basically is.

Is it wrong for a Gursikh to be designing revealing colthes if they do not preach others to wear it?..

I hope I made sence..

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

Honestly, I don't think a gursikh would get into fashion and they probably wouldn't design clothes like that. Basically, I'm just taking the definition of a gursikh literally and I believe there's a 99.99% probability that they would never do anything like that or get into that field in the first place.

You should do what you belive in basically....really it your choice and don't be swayed by anyone on this forum. If you can justify it to yourself within Sikhi then it's fine....don't go by what we or anyone else say.

Secondly, there are countless situations where the arguments that people have put forth don't really stand...e.g. a doctor carrying out an abortion...a doctor or pharmacist prescribing or dispensing the contraceptive pill...and i'm sure there are countless other arguments.

You really follow your heart and stay within Sikhi, if you want to be a fashion designer...go for it!!! I wish you all the success...if you also happen to be a Gursikh...follow you heart but try and keep within Sikhi....so be a fashion designer...design clothes...but keep it within normal decency!!!!

Enjoy yourself and your life...be happy, follow you dreams but mostly keep within SIKHI!!!

Vahiguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vahiguroo Ji Ki Fateh

erm im studyin a 'fashion course' at college at the moment n im a Singhni :)

n our projects include designin and creatin (obviously) but i dont feel that my ideas in my designs are bad, i dnt create or design revealing clothes (that kinda bums ma tutors) but i know that I wouldnt wear revealing clothes so ye, it is like practicing what you preach. but i just enjoy the design and creativity of it. iss what i feel my heart is in.

i know i aint doing anything wrong in what i am designin or creating...

i look at comfortability and outlook rather than just outlook.

but ye....

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karo

Vahiguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vahiguroo Ji Ki Fateh