I Dnt Feel Like Going Gurudwara Anymore Help!

Guest _anon_

Guest _anon_

wjkk wjkf

i dont no wot to do I love going gurudwara i love listening to kirtan in the gurudwara but lately things aint right. It jus feels like that every gurudwara i go to the atmosphere aint right there always people arguing doing sly things to piss others off its all become so political i jus wish that gurudwara commitees would sort themselves out and people who actually really know a lot about sikhi would run the gurudware. it cos of all this tension and stuff in gurudwaras i dnt feel like going anymore cos instead of relaxing and listening to the bani etc the things going on around me jus take me away from it.

ive tried jus ignoring it but it jus doesnt work i dnt no wt to do cos i dnt wna stop going gurudwara and doin sangat.

help please

wjkk wjkf

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fathey,

I had the same problem a while ago. It seems like there so much hera feri right? what i did was that i youst to learn tabla and instead of waiting for the granthi ji that tought me downstairs in the ragghi rooom (where all the politics go on usually) i would go upstairs do guru ji di sewa on chohr sahib or just do some simran. All i can advise is that you go to gurdwara for Pilgrimage aand keep your mind on just that. d_oh.gif

Bhul Chuk Maaf

wahegur ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fathey

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Try to look into to see if there are any sangat type programs in your area. What I've noticed is that these sorts of programs usually don't have any politics or anything involved, and are usually strictly for the keertan and simran. The other alternative is to decide what days/times to goto gurdwara.

I know here at least when they have "major congregations" there is a LOT more politics and stuff going on, but there are smaller programs, saturday nights or sunday nights where its just some local sangat who get together for keertan.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

wjkk wjkf

i dont no wot to do I love going gurudwara i love listening to kirtan in the gurudwara but lately things aint right. It jus feels like that every gurudwara i go to the atmosphere aint right there always people arguing doing sly things to piss others off its all become so political i jus wish that gurudwara commitees would sort themselves out and people who actually really know a lot about sikhi would run the gurudware. it cos of all this tension and stuff in gurudwaras i dnt feel like going anymore cos instead of relaxing and listening to the bani etc the things going on around me jus take me away from it.

ive tried jus ignoring it but it jus doesnt work i dnt no wt to do cos i dnt wna stop going gurudwara and doin sangat.

help please

wjkk wjkf

IK ONG KAR SATGUR PARSAD!

I can understand how you feel about it.

Take it this way..

Every human is born to do his *karam kamayee*.. let the political minds do theirs! However, do not let this fact deter you from visiting the Gurudwara. Keep yourself and your mind focussed on IK ONG KAR.. and he will take care of the rest.

Bhul chuk maaf karnee ji!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fatehh

I experienced the same a little over a year ago - it happens. Seeing stupid things throws you off. The only way I got through it is by going anyway. Slowly, I started noticing when there was Kirtan, and where there were speeches, etc. and scheduled myself around that.. so maybe go when the Kirtan/Katha happens, and go do Sevaa while speeches and campaigns and stuff are going one. And I really like Jagdeep Singh Veerji and Khalsa4Ever's suggestions - attend smaller programs, early/late programs. For example, Asa di Vaar at Guruduara Sahib Fremont. Not too many people, and it's just Kirtan. Or try attending Raensabaaees, etc. or Simran programs - you know, not regular diwan time when the Darbar is crowded with people talking and babies crying. Then, once you get used to it, you can merge into regular Diwan time again, with sort of an immunity to all the things that bothered you before.

Worked for me! :umm: I can only pray it works for you too.

bhullchukmaaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

My friend Avtar and I are working on some satirical Qawalis and cavishris making fun of gurdwara politics. I find it rather funny, all these old people fighting over the KIDS gatka, the KIDS punjabi school, the KIDS's camps, etc.

join a Gatka Akhara or Punjabi school or something, that way you'll have to go to the Gurdwara