About To Go Insane

Guest Singh?

Guest Singh?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fathey

Guru ki saadh sangat i turn to you for help. Im really into sikhism and i follow it as strict as i can. I wake up early at amrit vela and go to gurdwara sahib to help with prakash and nitnem. But im still really young. age 13. My parents wont accept that im turning into a devoted sikh. I havnt taken amrit yet but hope to as sooon as the gurdwara sahib perpars it. My parents give me no support tell me not to go to the gurdwara so much, dont want me in khalsa colors, dont want me wearing a round dastaar or even hanging out with amrit dhari kids. They say that theyll brainwash me. Im really stuck and i dont no what to do. I no for a fact ill never let my sikhi go, but my dad says its making him go insane and hes really really reallly disapointed in me, and the worst thing is i dont see what im doing wrong. Please help

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fathey

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guru ki saadh sangat i turn to you for help. Im really into sikhism and i follow it as strict as i can. I wake up early at amrit vela and go to gurdwara sahib to help with prakash and nitnem. But im still really young. age 13. My parents wont accept that im turning into a devoted sikh. I havnt taken amrit yet but hope to as sooon as the gurdwara sahib perpars it. My parents give me no support tell me not to go to the gurdwara so much, dont want me in khalsa colors, dont want me wearing a round dastaar or even hanging out with amrit dhari kids. They say that theyll brainwash me. Im really stuck and i dont no what to do. I no for a fact ill never let my sikhi go, but my dad says its making him go insane and hes really really reallly disapointed in me, and the worst thing is i dont see what im doing wrong. Please help

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Just hang on, the ride is great!!! Ask your parents if they prefer that you hang out with people who smoke, drink, and do drugs. Ask them what they would prefer. life is all a test...you'll be fine! Nothing precious comes easy..and Sikhi is the most precious thing in the world!!! Just talk to your parents and reaasure them that you will always love them and be their beloved son, but this is the path that you have chosen, and politely tell them that you want to tread upon the path of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. If they don't listen, just be straight up (but nice), and tell them this IS the path you are taking, and you would love their support, but if they don't give you support, then so be it, but you have made up your mind. Then tell them you love them, and be extra extra nice to them. Clean up, and do chores etc, and always speak with alot of respect to them, even if they get mad...then they will see that Sikhi is making you a better person, and they will begin to see the positives of Sikhi (and there are no negatives!)

Guest _mee_

Bhul Chuk Maaf

with that sort of attatude from your parent.

are u a muslim ?

if u are a sikh , then tell you parents would the like u to go to the mosce....

may be they will like that !!!!!!!

Bhul Chuk Maaf

IK ONG KAR SATGUR PARSAD!

Friend,

Are you not a sikh?

I opine that even if you are not a sikh and yet believe in sikhi.. then you are just on the right path.. believe in yourself and have confidence.

Make your parents see reason behind your belief and ask them why they do not want you to get deep into sikhi.

Bhul chuk maaf karnee ji!

Guest singh?

yes im sikh. Well atleast i have my kesh my whole family does, but like i just want everyone to no that ill never actually let my sikhi go and ill fight to the end for it, but i just wish my parents could understand. Im so fed up with them, but im trying to stay in control so i dont accedently commit one of the 5 chor. I just ask satgur to bless me with the gift of amrit as sooon as possible so i have more strength to fight.

these kinda parents freak me out.

what exactly do they want their kids to become then?

if there taking u away from the spiritual path, then what path wud they want u to walk?

drink and all that stuff?

parents need sum education man. the youth are stronger then their own parents, its kinda sad too as the same time.

buddy who cares wat ur rentz say, its obious they aint making a gud choice, ur doing a awsome thing man, keep it up and dont let anything stop u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ur lucky man, waheguru blesss!!

Please make the conscious effort to WORK WITH YOUR PARENTS though.

One day you will likely be a parent, and if you try to raise them as gursikhs, and they are preached to by a friendfrom another religion, their friends will tell them "don't let your parents stand in the way of your Hinduism/Islam/Buddhism", keep in mind, this is the same situation your parents are in.

Not to suggest your parents are right, by any means... but make sure you put it all on the table and make them a part of it.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Do Ardaas to guru Ji with al the love you have Ji

Every Bit of love you Have Give it To Guru Ji

Let your Heart and Sole cry out to Vaheguru Ji

Jap Loads of Naam with all the love you got

Do it with soo much love Ji

And guru Ji will listen to you Ji

Remember tho Do not give up Ji Because it is a test from Guru Ji :)

Just Jap Naam

Naam is the answer Ji :)

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Please make the conscious effort to WORK WITH YOUR PARENTS though.

One day you will likely be a parent, and if you try to raise your own children as gursikhs, and they are preached to by a friendfrom another religion, their friends will tell them "don't let your parents stand in the way of your Hinduism/Islam/Buddhism", keep in mind, this is the same situation your parents are in.

Not to suggest your parents are right, by any means... but make sure you put it all on the table and make them a part of it.