Amritvela

Guest ........................

Guest Hardeep_S_Khalsa

I 100% agree with Gupt Singhni, we only need 5-7 hours sleep. 8 hours is too much and if we do sleep for that long, the punj chor will will steal our naam. Talking from previous experiences, one of the weekends after amrit vela, I went to sleep for about 8 hours straight, as our mind is dirty and filthy from past janams I had an unpleasent dream and 5 chor attacked me because it had been a long time since I had jaaped naam. After learning from my previous mistake, I think we need only 5-7 hours hours, which is brocken up.

Also 6 hours sleep before amrit vela is too much. I think we only should realistically have 2-4hours before amrit vela.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also 6 hours sleep before amrit vela is too much. I think we only should realistically have 2-4hours before amrit vela.
are you suggesting we sleep in intervals? :@

Guest Guest

friends can i suggest something plz???

every1 always seems to ask so many ques abt av. how abt we all make a pact that we will get up together at a certain time, an do an hour of simran and nitnem. I say we do this for a good 4 weeks solid, no messin about, no excuses.

what you all saying??

you dont have to post your experiences up an things, but jus to inspire others an ourselfs, we can share small things, like how we found it difficult to get up first, an how u managed to overcome it, how you fealt different, was your day different in a good way cuz u did nitnem, if we found it hard an easy.....

i think by doing this, knowing that others will be gettin up at a certain time, we will be able to even though you feel you are doing it alone. jus think of having sanagt with u, onli u cant see them..........

i think its a great idea. onli thn we will be able to knw the tru essence of av.

what u all thinkin??

i think we should do this asap, say......

rise at 2am, do an hour of simran or mool mantar, then nitnem

i think it would be great :@

no? a bit crazy??

Yes my dear friend. As far I know, most gurmukhs sleep after amrit vela.

hmmm interesting....but if u sleep after ur nitnem then u lose all the buzz...

I think its just personal choice...u can go to sleep at 10 and get up at 4 or sleep at 10, get up at 2 then go to sleep at 5 ...main thing is to get up at amritvela whatever way u can loll

Guest Hardeep_S_Khalsa

Well I know gurmukhs that wake up at 12am, do their simran, nitnaam and baania. Then at about 5-6am, they have a nap for a few hours.

Papi Singh it depends what time your amrit vela starts and how much you sleep. Obviously if your av finishes at 7am, you can't really sleep then because you must work or go college or school.

I am talking about the hardcore singhs and singhnia that wake up at 12, 1 or 2 most go to sleep after amrit vela.

On the other hand I know singhs that wake up at 3-4am and then don't go to sleep after amrit vela.

You also get singhs that sleep 4 hours before amrit vela and then sleep few hours after work.

Depends on the individual really. Minimum requirement for a gursikh should be 2.5 hours simran and nitnaam at amrit vela.

Papi the rest is all down to you.