[random] Rejected By Guru Saheb?

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

In these two shabads, the translations say that 'impure soul-brides' and people without Sangat are rejected by Maharaj.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5661

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=3724

I can't get my head around Guru Sahib rejecting anyone - Guru Nanak Dev Ji visited and helped so many souls who were astray, and Akaal Purakh has the power to liberate even worms. How can our King reject us even when every being has the same jyot inside them.

I understand that we need to make an effort to recognise that jyot within ourselves - we can't expect Guru Ji to do it all for us (even though in the bigger picture Guru Ji does).

I don't know if this is just a translation-issue or if it means something deeper, any help would be appreciated. I hope this made sense and didn't sound too stupid.

~l~

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh!

Was gonna reply yesterday, but it slipped my mind.

Well the first shabad (link) that you posted is by Bhai Gurdaas ji. I feel that gurbani for gursikhs is more important in terms of contemplating although Bhai Sahib's bani is highly regarded in the panth and it provides us with so much knowledge and understanding.

Here's the shabad by Guru Nanak Sahib ji:

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=3724

I think you were referring to the tuk below:

ipru muqI fohwgxI iqn fuKI rYix ivhwie ]4]

pir muthee ddohaaganee thin ddukhee rain vihaae ||4||

The Lord rejects the impure soul-brides. Their life-night passes in misery. ||4||

Guru sahib ji addresses to manmukhi jeevs many times in bani. If they wasted their life-night in maya they will not be accepted, he calls them duhagans, karamheen, etc. And if die impure they CANNOT be accepted by Akaal purkh Vaheguru. I think you were thinking of Vaheguru not accepting them while they are alive and living the life of a manmukh. Guru Sahib says, saa sobhaa bhaj har ki sarani, you'll obtain glory by coming into his saran. So if one comes into the saran of satguru and follow the hukam of satguru, they will not have to be rejected. Only if you have bad karma and you DIE gaining nothing from this precious human life you are rejected.

My two cents, bhul chuk muaf karni.

You're right, I was thinking about it in terms of life only. But in reality this lifespan is tiny. I guess this is way the world works - the 'good' and the 'bad'. There's no point trying to understand it from Akaal Purakh's all-seeing point of view, but it makes a little more sense now.

In the same way a father punishes his child for being naughty, we have to pay depending on whether or not we've used this life fruitfully - even though there's a part of our father inside us.

Thanks.

~l~

Fellow travellers the first thing you should know is that the translation that you refer to are Christian in their meaning.

Can anyone tell us where does the word "lord" appear in this tuk?

pir muthee ddohaaganee thin ddukhee rain vihaae ||4||

The Lord rejects the impure soul-brides. Their life-night passes in misery. ||4||

You ll find this in almost all translation, but if that isnt confusing enough, many of the Sikhi terms have been misinterpreted due to the British and Christian influence in punjab during late 1700 - 1945. In fact, you may be surprised to note that a British General, Leyland (i think), discussed creatinga "British Khalsa" and in many respects if you research their infulence, you ll find that they have achieved something like that.

Do we know what Akal Purekh actually means?

The shabd Purekh is from the sanskrit word Purusa, or Pure Consciousness. This consciousness also exist within us as self-awareness, this self-awareness can be easily polluted by "content" from our emotions, thoughts and feelings. We are manmukhi is we identify with the content, we are Gurmukhi if we identify with the awareness that knows the content.

Finally, Sikhi is about Jeevan Mukthi, nothing about what happens after we die. These ego preserving religions that offer heavens, hells, paradise etc are not of any interest to Sikhi. So, I would suggest that this tuk is explained without resorting to "other worldlyness".

Impure soul brides are those individuals who are identified with the content that occupies thier awareness, therefore living in the past or future, while missing out on the reality of their life, The Presence in this Present Moment of NOW and Here!

How can Akal Purekh reject anyone when we are all "his" children, his creation?

We reject HIM through our stupidy, blinded by ego arrogance, this also includes Dharmic egos

Gurfateh

Mystic