Flower Of Life

Guest Dancing Warrior

Guest Dancing Warrior

Report by Marja de Vries (the Netherlands) - September, 2001

"I found the Flower of Life last summer in India.

Last summer I went for the first time in my life to India and already on the third day of my stay in that country (july 30, 2001) I happened to be in Amritsar, a city in Punjab, and found a beautiful Flower of Life made out of marble inlay at the Golden Temple of the Sikhs. I was on my way to Ladakh and did not know anything about Amritsar nor about the Sikhs. I only had seen a few pictures of the Golden Temple and I liked the mosaic patterns on the marble floors on those photo's so I wanted to see this place.

Before I entered the area of the Golden Temple I had to take off my shoes and cover my head. This way I went down the steps to the "Pool of Nectar", the water that surrounds the Golden Temple and immediately I felt an atmospheer of peace and tranquility. Together with many other people I started to walk clockwise around the tank enjoying looking at the people dressed in their most beautiful dresses, looking at the reflections of the temple in the water and looking at the mosaics in the marble floor all around us.

The last week before I left for India I had been reading "The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life" books as a preparation for the Flower of Life workshop I was going to follow in september instead of reading books about India to prepare myself for this journey. As soon as I arrived in India I did not think one minute about the Flower of Life anymore... until I was about halfway walking around the parikrama and looking once again towards the Golden Temple and suddenly saw it. Here as one of the hundreds of mosaics in the marble floor that surrounds the water, there was the Flower of Life. I could not belief my eyes. I had not expected this here at all. While standing there looking at it I tried to remember which countries Drunvalo mentioned in his books, but I could not remember having read that India was one of the countries where he had found the Flower of Life.

And this was not in a hidden place, it was not small, it was not hard to see. It was completely out in the open visible for all the thousands of people who come there every day, pilgrims as well as tourists. I did not see any one paying attention to this Flower of Life and I did not find any person there who seemed to know about it.

And this is also not an ancient temple. I bought a book about this place and learned that the Sikh religion started about 500 years ago with Guru Nanak. This place was chosen by the fourth Guru Ram Das to make the site a pilgrimage centre. At that time the Pool of Nectar was no more than a pond that lay amidst thick forest and the fifth Guru, Arjun Dev, started to build a temple here in 1581 A.D. Of course I was curious what the book would say about the Flower of Life. Well, nothing. It was nowhere mentioned and it was not on one of the more than 80 beautiful photographs of this place.

I walked around the tank three more times to look at all the marble inlays, but this one seemed to be the only one of the Flower of Life."

The Flower of Life (FOL) is a geometrical figure composed of multiple evenly-spaced, overlapping circles, that are arranged so that they form a flower-like pattern with a sixfold symmetry like a hexagon. The center of each circle is on the circumference of six surrounding circles of the same diameter.

The FOL symbol is over six thousand years old.[1] Throughout human history, philosophers, artists, and architects around the world have known the FOL for its perfect form, proportion, and harmony.[2] It is considered by many to be a symbol of sacred geometry, said to contain ancient, religious value depicting the fundamental forms of space and time.[3][4][5][6] In this sense, it is a visual expression of the connections life weaves through all mankind, believed by some to contain a type of Akashic Record of basic information of all living things.[7]

There are many religious beliefs associated with the FOL; for example, depictions of the five Platonic Solids are found within the symbol of Metatron's Cube, which may be derived from the FOL pattern. These platonic solids are geometrical forms which are said to act as a template from which all life springs.[8]

Another notable example of that which may be derived from the FOL is the Tree of Life. This has been an important symbol of sacred geometry for many people from various religious backgrounds. Particularly, the teachings of the Kabbalah have dealt intricately with the Tree of Life.[9]

Significant meaning may be found by those viewing even the most basic components of the Flower of Life's design. The stages which construct the Seed of Life are said to represent the seven days of Creation, in which God created life; Genesis 2:2-3, Exodus 23:12, 31:16-17, Isaiah 56:6-8. Within these stages, among other things, are the symbols of the Vesica Piscis (an ancient religious symbol) and Borromean rings (which represents the Holy Trinity).[10] [11][12]

for pics and full story please click on link below

http://www.floweroflife.org/folindia.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower_of_Life

Do you know if the image was there from the beginning, or was it added at a later date?

did Guru sahib build darbar sahib,parkarma, using marbles? :@

This place was chosen by the fourth Guru Ram Das to make the site a pilgrimage centre. At that time the Pool of Nectar was no more than a pond that lay amidst thick forest and the fifth Guru, Arjun Dev, started to build a temple here in 1581 A.D.

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

Do you know if the image was there from the beginning, or was it added at a later date?

did Guru sahib build darbar sahib,parkarma, using marbles? :@

This place was chosen by the fourth Guru Ram Das to make the site a pilgrimage centre. At that time the Pool of Nectar was no more than a pond that lay amidst thick forest and the fifth Guru, Arjun Dev, started to build a temple here in 1581 A.D.

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

That doesn't really answer my question!

The quote you've used only says the sarovar was no more than a pond when it was chosen by Guru Ram Das Ji. Guru Arjan Dev Ji constructed Harimander Sahib and Guru Hargobind Ji constructed Akaal Takhat after that time.

Marble has been used since at least the times of the Ancient Greeks, long before the Gurus. So it is entirely feasible that the Flower of Life design dates back to the Gurus.

Does anyone have any answers?

If you look at old paintings of Harimandir Sahib they dont appear to be showing any sign of marble around the parikarma.

thank u C Singh=)

i thought i wouldn't have to spell everything out but i was wrong.

so now u see shakz that for sikhs its just a simple design...a geometrical design. one can see that dsign in many homes as well as gurdwaras. its easy and looks pretty. simply it looks like it was added afterwards. even "Golden Temple" wasn't of Gold until some one donated gold to make it look that way.

some people want signs or need some special "symbol" to make their minds believe that the place or thing is special.thats what the writer of the article did.

these r just my thoughts and opinion i could be wrong.

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest Dancing Warrior

The person who wrote the article I quoted may have made a mistake in regards to when and where the flower of life appeared on the marble however I don’t think that’s the purpose of the article nor was to establish the carbon dating of the piece. The person found something that they could relate to that they understood as a unification of The Almighty, Creation and Humanity.

That was all.