Grand Opening Of Gurdwara Dukh Niwaran In Surrey B.c.

Sadh Sangat Jeeo News Just Heard A New Very Big Gurdwara Dukh Niwaran IS Opening In Surrey B.C. ON MAY 2OTH AND MAY 21St

HEAD GRANTHI: Panth Mahan Vidhwan Gyani Narinder Singh Jeeo ( Ph: 604.780.2573 nswalia5@hotmail.com)

President: SARDAR SARABJIT SINGH BAINS (Ph: 604.537.2345 ssbains@hotmail.com)

Commencement of Sri Akhand Path Sahib on

Friday, May 11th 2007 at 10 am

Bhog of Sri Akhand Path Sahib on

Sunday, May 13th 2007 at 8:30 am

followed by Nishaan Sahib di seva at 10 am

Gurdwara Dukh Niwaran Sahib

15255- 68th Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia, V3S 2C1

http://www.dukhniwaran.ca

Does anyone know why this gurdwara sahib is opening???

Why Gyani Narinder Singh Left Dashmesh Darbar??

Is there alot of sangat for this gurdwara???

Its a good thing that another gurdwaras opening but just its good to know why???

Daily Schedule at Gurdwara Dukh Niwaran Sahib

4 am

Parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

4:30 to 5:45 am

Nitnem

5:45 to 6 am

Ardas and Hukamnama

6 to 8 am

Asa Ki //

8 to 8:15 am

Ardas

8:15 to 9 am

Katha of daily Hukamnama

9 to 11: 15 am

Kirtan

11:15 to 12 noon

Katha

12 to1 pm

Dhadi

1 to 2:30 pm

Sukhmani Sahib

2:30 to 4 pm

Sehaj Path

4 pm

Sodar Di Chowki

5 to 5:45 pm

Rehras

5:45 to 9pm

Kirtan / Katha / Dhadi

9 pm

Ardas/Sukhasan and samapti

langar on table chair or on the ground?

I am generally tired of this division label of- moderates and fundamentalist types in the surrey.

I like to see an neutral gurdwara in surrey which talks about atam gyan, gurbani, puratan sikh history not just how important khalistan is blah blah speeches, 1984, play victim role or moderate extreme- kesh doesnt matter its inside what matters?

All I can say is that its all for money, That area is home to some of the richest Punjabis in British Columbia. Sarbjit Singh Bains, I believe if I am not mistaken is a realtor, land developers/ realtors form ties with prominent Sikh leaders, basically they know religious sikhs will pay extra to buy property near the Gurdwara.

I can give an example of even the new Abbotsford gurdwara when it opened, surprisingly there were new lots up for sale, near the Gurdwara.

I am not sure if there is a need for a new Gurdwara, but all I can say its probably not a bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...
All I can say is that its all for money, That area is home to some of the richest Punjabis in British Columbia. Sarbjit Singh Bains, I believe if I am not mistaken is a realtor, land developers/ realtors form ties with prominent Sikh leaders, basically they know religious sikhs will pay extra to buy property near the Gurdwara.

I can give an example of even the new Abbotsford gurdwara when it opened, surprisingly there were new lots up for sale, near the Gurdwara.

I am not sure if there is a need for a new Gurdwara, but all I can say its probably not a bad thing.

Kalgidar Darbar was built because Abbotsford needed a new Gurdwara, it was built in a community setting, the land was donated, the lots surrounding the Gurdwara dropped in value and were cheap because "Goray" (and other groups) didn't want to live so close a "Sikh Temple", so Sikh houses surround the Gurdwara (monay and amritdharees).

Its great that a new Gurdwara has opened, especially for people coming from Langley, South Surrey, White Rock, and the Panorama Ridge area.

• 8 months later...
Kalgidar Darbar was built because Abbotsford needed a new Gurdwara, it was built in a community setting, the land was donated, the lots surrounding the Gurdwara dropped in value and were cheap because "Goray" (and other groups) didn't want to live so close a "Sikh Temple", so Sikh houses surround the Gurdwara (monay and amritdharees).

Its great that a new Gurdwara has opened, especially for people coming from Langley, South Surrey, White Rock, and the Panorama Ridge area.

Okay maybe Kalghidhar Darbar is a different story, but is DukhNiwaran really a different story, the guy who's the pardan is trying to rent out his whole building - the best way to describe it was he though, hey if I open up a gurdwara, maybe that'll drive people to my stores and then I can sell them and make a good profit. I dunno, I dont want to badmouth, but it seems all these developers need to be showed its wrong to build gurdwaras, for your nefarious means.

Look at York Center, they built a new gudrwara, just to drive traffic in their complex. I think its always hard to criticize people, becuase then people say who are you, but I think I am calling a spade, a spade. I think its wrong to use the gurdwaras as a front for your business.

Langley, South Surrey, White Rock, and the Panorama Ridge area have no Gurdwara Sahib. Also what you see as profiteering, I see as Seva, making a building and then giving space for a Gurdwara is great seva in my view, even if people think otherwise.